Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-28-2020, 08:05 AM   #4961
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Almost 4.7 K steps in, already, before I go to work. Hopefully by the end of my work day, i will have almost 9K. By end of day, i hope to set a steps record of nearly 13K steps.

My boss at work, before the pandemic? He was logging 27K steps a day. Not sure that I will ever be near his step count, but it's a goal of sorts.

Happy Tuesday to all of you!
Stay safe and be well.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #4962
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today: 10K steps total, 4.7 miles.

Today I walked 2K in the morning. My walking count, since I count with my iphone, is when I have my iphone with me. I had an annual gyn exam, and just walked around the neighborhood after. That made doing 8K in the evening somehow so much easier. I should consider that for the future.

When I take my socks off when I get home, it's like a tan line, except instead of tan, it's dirt.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 09:55 PM   #4963
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday was a good day. 9654 steps. Today I had to stay indoors more as it hit 100 degrees and with the dew points in the 70s, it was ridiculous to try to do any kind of work out there. I think the heat index got to 105 or 107 degrees. The last time it hit 100 here was in 2011.

Today's count is currently at 5263. I suspect I'll get maybe another 200 steps in before snooze town.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #4964
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

3.9 miles barefoot sand this morning. Today I went back to my regular trio of beaches which I have been avoiding because of the steep ramp and some stairs to access, my knee felt better enough to give it a shot. It’s funny how beaches that butt right up against each other will have different bird populations, I don’t know how they sort out turf but today was mostly Willits and Long Billed Curlews, Pelicans and Terns are up at the other end.

Something I really like about this particular stretch of beach is the high mica content in the sand, when the sun hits it just right in the shallow surf edge it looks like the whole area is paved in gold glitter.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 07:50 PM   #4965
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
3.9 miles barefoot sand this morning. Today I went back to my regular trio of beaches which I have been avoiding because of the steep ramp and some stairs to access, my knee felt better enough to give it a shot. It’s funny how beaches that butt right up against each other will have different bird populations, I don’t know how they sort out turf but today was mostly Willits and Long Billed Curlews, Pelicans and Terns are up at the other end.

Something I really like about this particular stretch of beach is the high mica content in the sand, when the sun hits it just right in the shallow surf edge it looks like the whole area is paved in gold glitter.
Last fall at the beach I saw long billed curlews, way out on rock formations, where sea lions were sun bathing. Fun stuff!

Your beach story makes me want to wander down to the coast to go see long time friends. They live close to the beach and have relatively no other visitors on their stretch of the beach. I want to go after Labor Day, when there wont be too many other beach goers during the latter months of fall.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring beach story.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #4966
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today: 11K steps, 4.9 miles

I walked in the park today. I saw a socially distanced jazz band and a socially distanced painting class. I love to see people coming together safely outside. It's so pretty at sunset. I find myself wanting to take photos all the time because it's all so beautiful.

My sleep has been horrendous throughout the pandemic. I struggle with sleep anyway. Sleep feels even more imperative so that I have enough energy to do my 10K steps each day. I took a nap this afternoon before my evening walk. I know naps aren't supposed to be good (so say some people), but they sometimes save me, in regard to having enough energy to do my walking. I haven't missed a day of walking in all of July, which feels good.

How do I... ?
Old 07-30-2020, 09:12 PM   #4967
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I walked 10.8 K steps, 4.8 miles. I walked the first half in the area of my dentist appointment and the second half in the park.

I've just been wearing the asics kayano-gel 21 every day, and my feet have been lovin' it!

How do I... ?
Old 07-30-2020, 09:23 PM   #4968
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I walked from my bedroom down the hallway and back today. I had to stop and stretch my back and get my breath back twice along the way - I rested slumped over my walker. But I made it there and back! My goal is to do it every day at least once until next week's PT appointment. I also did some lower body work after the walking, which nearly wore me out. I also made it up and down the stairs once today. Things are improving!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2020, 12:19 AM   #4969
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Way to go, Georgia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today: 11K steps, 4.9 miles

I walked in the park today. I saw a socially distanced jazz band and a socially distanced painting class. I love to see people coming together safely outside. It's so pretty at sunset. I find myself wanting to take photos all the time because it's all so beautiful.

My sleep has been horrendous throughout the pandemic. I struggle with sleep anyway. Sleep feels even more imperative so that I have enough energy to do my 10K steps each day. I took a nap this afternoon before my evening walk. I know naps aren't supposed to be good (so say some people), but they sometimes save me, in regard to having enough energy to do my walking. I haven't missed a day of walking in all of July, which feels good.
Short naps are good for you. I'm not one who can nap for 20 minutes without waking like a bear so I don't nap and I miss it.

I got a little over 9500 steps in yesterday and a hair under 7100 today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:50 AM   #4970
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Sunset walk in the park: about 11K steps, 5 miles.

I brought my weights and a resistance band and my tarp, stored them in my favorite spot in the park, and returned to them after the walk to do a half hour of weights and yoga and abs. It felt great but the weather was pretty brutal. Let's just say a small breeze would have been nice.

I tried out another pair of used asics gel-kayano 21 shoes (which I think were the version of this shoe from 2014) that I found for cheap on the Internet. They were the men's version, so I had bought 1.5 sizes smaller. The men's version fit okay but I feel like the interior padding is not as soft. Still, not bad. I've been impressed with how the used shoes I've been buying have thus far been just as advertised!

How do I... ?
Old 08-01-2020, 10:53 AM   #4971
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Smile

My lower back and legs and knees need a break from all the walking I've been doing, lately. I only got about 7.9K steps yesterday.

So I'm going to do myself a favor and take it easy this weekend and do other restful types of activities. Maybe go for a drive to a secluded river front beach and do some bird watching or watch incoming ships sail by.

We have pearly skies today, after a long week of roasted marshmallow weather. So I'm happy it is not hot today and that a dense covering of marine clouds are protecting us from being scorched to the high-heavens.

Hope all of you have a lovely weekend ahead.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 12:02 PM   #4972
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yesterday mid-day 4 miles on gilded beach beautiful sunny day. I could tell it was a sunny Friday what with all the family groups out, also looks like more tourists are starting to show up (not hard to spot). By the time I finished my alarms were starting to go off about too many people so I returned to my refuge where I am encamped for the weekend. Walking will resume Monday when the crazies are gone.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #4973
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Yesterday mid-day 4 miles on gilded beach beautiful sunny day. I could tell it was a sunny Friday what with all the family groups out, also looks like more tourists are starting to show up (not hard to spot). By the time I finished my alarms were starting to go off about too many people so I returned to my refuge where I am encamped for the weekend. Walking will resume Monday when the crazies are gone.

Kelt, this sounds wonderful, crazies aside. I miss the beach.

Yesterday I was able to walk down and back the hallway without stopping for a break. I also did my lower body PT, and some upper body.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 04:28 PM   #4974
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm about 300 steps away from my daily goal of 7000 and I'll meet that and definitely get more in as well. Today, I spent the first half of the day doing manual labor so I basically sweated off half my face. The other half slid off when I got home.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 11:14 PM   #4975
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Tonight I wore my asics gel-kayano 21 women's shoes- size 10.5, and all was right with the world (because of the perfect shoes for me I mean). I walked all on the streets instead of the park, 14K, 6 miles. My feet don't feel bad, I'm happy to say.

How do I... ?
Old 08-02-2020, 09:11 AM   #4976
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

So far this morning, I vacuumed and trimmed the strings off the big cat tree and made up a mess of burgers. After breakfast, I'll get to working on some organizational stuff and a few more house chores. I plan on staying inside as much as possible today. The dew point is at 72%! What swampy Hell is this right now??

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:08 PM   #4977
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I missed the past two days, got wrapped up in work and missing sleep. Today I was still low on sleep but compensated with an afternoon nap. It worked well.

Tonight I walked 4.5 miles, 10K steps. I guess I was walking slow because a woman said to me, "If you're going to mosey along during a pandemic, then let me pass you!" O-kay. I thought it was kind of funny and kind of upsetting but I have to say I do kind of trudge, which is a more insulting word than mosey. Pssst... talking is less safe than silence during a pandemic.

I wore my Hoka shoes tonight. I'm giving them another chance. I had to walk on the streets because it was too late to go in the park.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #4978
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

The kettlebell I ordered arrived today (my workout buddy has been sharing hers with me) and it miiiight be too heavy for me. Hers is 25 lbs and the one I ordered is 30... those five extra pounds make a big difference. Let's hope I can get strong enough to actually use it fast!
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 07:20 PM   #4979
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
The kettlebell I ordered arrived today (my workout buddy has been sharing hers with me) and it miiiight be too heavy for me. Hers is 25 lbs and the one I ordered is 30... those five extra pounds make a big difference. Let's hope I can get strong enough to actually use it fast!
Be careful and have fun!

It finally cooled off enough to take a good walk after work. 10,412 steps today and a good portion of that was going up a good long hill.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 02:33 AM   #4980
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

10K steps, 4.6 miles

I had to walk on the streets because it was too late for the park.

I made it into an investigative walk. 3 fancy hotels in my neighborhood are being paid by the government to temporarily house 600 homeless people in them to decrease crowding in shelters. Some people were complaining that it is leading to a bad scene in the neighborhood (a number are registered sex offenders, some in recovery said to be openly using, untreated mental illness, etc.). So I decided to visit all three hotels and see if I noticed much. I didn't. I do think there are many more homeless people with an active presence in the neighborhood. The latest hotel where people are piping mad about is only for single men recovering from drugs. There was security working there, and they were working with one man who was only partially centered in reality. I've been following the news on this whole thing. I made my visits from 9 -10 pm. And for those who don't know the vibe of NYC, it's bustling with people even late at night. Outdoor dining everywhere goes through midnight etc. So everything is well-lit.

It was interesting to add a little investigative mission to my walk . Conclusion: For nighttime things don't seem to be too out of control.

Editing to add: The idea is to spread homeless people out in order to decrease the spread of COVID secondary to many people in close quarters. Apparently hotels are being paid by the government more than they would be by paying clientele, and these hotels are super pricey. An interesting dynamic...

How do I... ?

Last edited by nycfem; 08-06-2020 at 02:36 AM.

Tags
exercise, weights