Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-17-2019, 10:30 PM   #4781
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
I have been feeling down lately and it has affected my exercise routine and my healthy eating. I need to pull it together and get back on track.
I am and have been in your space-place. The colder weather and lack of sunshine (warmth) takes a toll mentally and physically for me.

I visit this thread for encouragement and comfort. It is within me to be positive and assured I am not alone. Thank you for sharing-

ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #4782
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, ks. I am sure the weather has a big part in it. I am trying to work through it.

Gemme, thank you, too!
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #4783
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'll be over 5000 steps today and a good portion of those was garnered when I was running around in the middle of a snow squall.

It was fun!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #4784
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Does anyone keep track of hydration, during the day or when you're working out? I do. I try to drink a quart of water every two hours, when I am at work. When I go on a Step Excursion, I purposely drink half a quart before and after. Sometimes it's more. I aim to hydrate as often as possible, and when I do, I notice I don't tire so easily. I met my hydration goal of 1.5 gallons of water today. During summer I boost my water hydration to nearly two gallons, daily. That's a tougher goal to accomplish, so I am paying closer attention, come this summer.
I try to drink a gallon a day, something I don't usually have a problem accomplishing. I just need to switch my times for drinking around. I drink too much too late, and not enough in the afternoon.

I got in 800 steps today, but I had to do 50 extra tonight to get there. I think I didn't have a typical day the first time I counted my steps and got 851 for the day, and set my goal at 1000. I think reality is that I get 700 - 750 a day. So I'm going to stick with a goal of 800 for at least a little while longer, until maybe some more of this pneumonia backlash clears out from my chest. Too much exercise of any kind makes my nose run.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #4785
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I got over 1000 steps for the first time today! I took 1070 steps. I was doing a lot of walking all around the house doing holiday stuff.

- Prince
Old 12-19-2019, 08:39 PM   #4786
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've surpassed my 7000 step goal today! 7211 so far. More to come!

My hip was killing me last night so I did some stretches and squats and slept on the other side and woke up feeling much better. Yay for not wincing while I walk!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #4787
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Slayde and I walked for about 40 minutes this evening. It was cold and I wasn't feeling it but he wanted to do it. I am glad I did. I enjoy our talks. The discussions with a 9 year old can be pretty interesting.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #4788
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

4000 steps so far.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #4789
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

820 steps today - I went to lunch with a friend and got some extras in, so I didn't have to walk around my bedroom this evening.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2019, 10:57 PM   #4790
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,928 Times in 9,908 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Here's my short Step Report from the past few days:

Tuesday: 784
Wednesday: 1233
Thursday: 862
Friday: 1201

I have a doctor appt tomorrow, laundry and weekend household chores, so I hope to get in a small walking adventure too.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2019, 09:08 PM   #4791
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

1496 steps today! That is a record! It's because I went out to the grocery store (even though I use an ECV inside the store) and because I've been doing all kinds of stuff around the house today. I also got my heart rate up above 100 a few times, too.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2019, 09:19 PM   #4792
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

8500 steps today so far. I probably will only get another 100-200 in before bed but I feel good about it. My daily goal is 7000 steps so today is a total win!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2019, 09:32 PM   #4793
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

surprised myself today with 6324 steps!

I parked between two stores, and the furthest away. I also went to a musical event tonight and did the stairs in the parking structure.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #4794
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Guess what I got for Christmas, Guys and Dolls?

I received a Fitbit Light (with a Lilac colored wrist band)!!!

In less than one hour, after I put it on and my sil's daughter got it all set up with the program, I logged 844 steps. After I got home and unloaded the car, and made multiple trips up and down the stairs, my Fitbit says I logged 1145 steps. Wow, right? I must have not been counting my steps by heart the right way: I think I was counting two steps as a pair of steps, which in my mind was one step, lol. So I must be getting between 8K to 9K steps daily, since I am basically basing my approximate steps taken on the count the wristband device counted in one hour, tonight.

That is exciting to me. I still have balance troubles, I still don't walk as fast as my counter-parts at work. I am a slow walker, but it made me feel good tonight to know that I am not as sedentary as I thought I might be, based on stuff I have been reading over the past few weeks.

Now that I have a Fitbit, I will come back by next weekend, after New Years Eve, to give a short report on my walking/steps progress. We will see if my estimate steps come close to the real count of steps recorded by my new Fitbit device.

Hey, it even records my heart rate, sleep cycles and a bunch of other things too. I can hardly believe I got a Fitbit for Christmas, but am so excited to have one (thanks to my in-laws)!

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #4795
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

That new fitness device sure tells you a lot of stuff about the steps you take, the type of gait you have, the calories you burn, stuff about your heart rate and cardio fitness.

Sooooo, today at work, I logged 8911 steps. My cardio range was sustained for nearly an hour at approximately 116. I was burning fat at the recorded range of 84. I learned I have an usual long gait, which I kind of already know about, since I have really long legs. But what is interesting to me is that I sustain a fuck ton of pain while walking: I have an unreal case of high pain tolerance. As an example, lol or not, when my physical therapy team was doing "Light Therapy" on my lumbar injuries, they were doing it at the lowest possible setting and told me to tell them when it was too much to endure or if I was in pain. Five minutes into the first session, I told them I was feeling nauseated, and before they could decide to stop I lost consciousness and peed all over the place after I blacked out from the low-impact Light Therapy treatment they were giving to me. I've tried to explain this unusual pain tolerance issue to them and other physicians for years, but the day that happened to me was the day my PT team learned that they didn't know enough about my set of injury factors and how my body acts under pressure of pain.

I am definitely going to do screen shots of fitness records on a daily basis and show it to my primary physician so it will give her a better idea of my mobility range and the pain I endure daily and each night. I have a stash of non-narcotic muscle relaxers I use on special case situations, where I feel the pain I am in might lead to nausea and loss of consciousness.

I'm okay tonight, but my body is not happy.

So that's my record of steps today at work and today was not exactly a full day at work. We're still operating on Holiday hours and will be until the first of the new year.

So there it is: I'm active; but not like in ordinary ways due to the mobility issues I have been enduring since November of 2016. I can hear my doctor now. She's most likely going to say.... "That's just lovely." lolol (or not).

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #4796
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My experience today was of some beautiful sights. When I looked to the south, big huge rolling thick light grey clouds. The fog coming off the gulf. I'm about an hour away, but they made their huge presence. As I walked my neighborhood, just as the sun was going down, the beautiful Christmas lights were coming alive! The beauty of dusk against a sparkling house, with the slice of the moon and the northern star showing up. Ahh, it was a great exercise decision at that time !

I walked for 73 min. Listening to the Greatest hits of Journey. Great stepping tunes!!.
On purpose, it was 3.8 miles with 8132 steps..in probably an hour. I did take time to share and text my sunset journey😀

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #4797
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
My experience today was of some beautiful sights. When I looked to the south, big huge rolling thick light grey clouds. The fog coming off the gulf. I'm about an hour away, but they made their huge presence. As I walked my neighborhood, just as the sun was going down, the beautiful Christmas lights were coming alive! The beauty of dusk against a sparkling house, with the slice of the moon and the northern star showing up. Ahh, it was a great exercise decision at that time !

I walked for 73 min. Listening to the Greatest hits of Journey. Great stepping tunes!!.
On purpose, it was 3.8 miles with 8132 steps..in probably an hour. I did take time to share and text my sunset journey😀
What a lovely way to get your exercise in!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #4798
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today's been a pretty busy day at work. 9000 steps so far!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:31 PM   #4799
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

981 steps today. Now my back is killing me and I can't get to sleep! But I think that's mostly because I drove for two hours this evening, and it's been raining off and on all day.

- Prince
Old 12-29-2019, 07:41 AM   #4800
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
981 steps today. Now my back is killing me and I can't get to sleep! But I think that's mostly because I drove for two hours this evening, and it's been raining off and on all day.
Warm compresses and gentle stretching should help a bit.

It's a short day at work for me but I want to either get into the gym or do some reorganization at home today so I should have a decent step count by day's end. I just got up so only 182 steps so far.

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
exercise, weights