Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-05-2020, 03:15 PM   #4821
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'm still sick, but the gym actually feels helpful. Today I got my favorite stairmaster. I could hardly believe my good fortune given how crowded it was (26 people on the cardio equipment in my area). My pattern was:

Levels 4,3,2,1 x 2 minutes each level x 3 sets
Levels 3,2,1 x 2 minutes each level x 1 set
Then Level 1s until I hit 30 minutes

Heart rate was 150s/160's/170.

I watched "The staircase" on netflix which I've already seen but I think it's a good one.

Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor. My New Year's Resolution is to not neglect the more spiritual part of my work-out which is all the yoga/stretching and body work that I do on the weight floor.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2020, 09:33 PM   #4822
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Will I ever stop being sick? Mid-January will be a month. I think I'm getting better, and I do tend to get at least one bad-ass cold / sinus infection every winter. This one is a real doozy.

Today I did 40 minutes on my favorite stairmaster, pattern:

Levels 5,4,3,2,1 with 2 minutes at each level x 3 sets
Level 1 until I hit 40 minutes

HR 160s/170s (i.e. high AF)

Then I did 20 minutes on the weight floor, as per my New Year's Resolution (to not give into the ease of just strolling off after my cardio).

I'm feeling so good at my progress, and I just hope I can continue it.

I walked 5K today.

I saw Taylor today in passing but we didn't talk, as we were going in different directions. I think she was about to go in the sauna. She was talking from across the room to La La. Taylor has told me La La generates to her because they are both thought to be anorexic. La La wants to bond with Taylor over being accused of being anorexic. Taylor thinks La La is anorexic and wants to keep a distance from her because Taylor doesn't want to realize she's anorexic. They both have dark hair and are very pretty and are alarmingly skin and bones. They were smiling at each other in that way when one talks across the room to someone, and they looked like mirror images.

I've been talking every day in the locker room with an older Columbian woman named Iris. She's thin and fit and quite beautiful inside and out. She's not crazy like most of my gym people. We have pleasant conversations. I would never feel as excited about Iris as I do about my crazy cronies but I do care for Iris a lot. She told me she has insomnia today, and I was very excited, not just because I do too, but because she's not the type to necessarily mention any problem. I was intrigued, and we discussed it quite awhile. One could dig and dig with Iris and never hit crazy, so I'll take what I can get. And actually she's a relief from Taylor who can be a bit frightful to talk to, even if she is an interesting character.

La La was wearing sort of festive velvet scrunchies in her hair, but she never stops to talk. One can only talk to La La by following along with her, which, of course, I often do.

How do I... ?
Old 01-06-2020, 10:31 PM   #4823
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I just got home from work... at this moment, my fitbit says I have walked 9886 steps, which is nearly 5 miles. I didn't wear my smart watch (the Fitbit) over the weekend because I stayed mostly in bed or sat in my big momma chair, resting. The extended walking I do at work takes a toll on me. So I have high mileage days some days; other days I'm lucky if my step count peaks near 5K.

You mention, nycfem, that you've been down sick with your cold for nearly a month. When I went on board with my former boss last October, I came down really, reaaallllly sick with a head cold. I was better in about 6 or seven weeks, but I've been hacking up crud since October. I think this has been a serious season for colds and flu. And I often muse if it's because the environment is getting worse, as the years go by? Not sure, but I haven't been this sick since before I was hurt on the job back in 2016. My doctor said that my coming down so sick was related to stressful events when I went back to work; that the stress just accumulated and took a huge toll on my already fragile health. If I am finally over this by February, I'll be happy and hope to not come down sick like this ever again (well, at least not for a long, long time).

Also, I have tons of anxiety nowadays, so I won't be wearing my fitbit to log any hours of sleep. If I sleep, then great. *LOL* If I don't sleep too good, then it will only stress me out more to know that I'm not sleeping as good as I could or should or whatever one might say or think. I'm just happy I get some rest every night. I feel so lucky when I sleep for longer than 8 hours.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #4824
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today is a banner day, exercisers. I have reached the highest number of steps since I started wearing the pedometer in October. So far, I've logged 14,016 steps today and boy, are my dogs tired.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #4825
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post My Exercise Experience...

I did low impact cardio, a 20 min. arm workout this morning, some exercises were with weights and some were without. Since I'm just starting I'm using 2.5 lbs. weights then I'll move to 5 lbs. when I'm ready. I also did a 25 min. full body workout in the afternoon without weights.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 08:05 PM   #4826
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I had such a great work-out today. And I'm still sick. But I think I'm gradually getting better. Still... It's outrageous. I have a productive cough that frightens people. I've always had sinus and lung issues. I'm starting to realize I'm considered a pariah at the gym and at work because of the cough. I've taken meds, rested, been to the doctor twice- just hoping I kick this thing soon.

Today I did 40 minutes on my favorite stairmaster. Pattern:

Levels 5,4,3,2,1 x 2 min. each level x 3 sets (then level 1s for cooldown).

Then I did my NY Resolution of 20 min. on the weight floor (lifting and stretching / yoga).

It felt divine.

I finally had my post New Year's catch up with Taylor. She was crying because her grandparents have both died this year and they are the ones who raised her. On a lighter note, she busted out (so to speak) with, "You have good boobs!" I politely thanked her. We were in the locker room so I was bare chested. She was wearing bra and panties and told me that she had gained a few pounds and could I tell. I said no. She looks VERY skinny as always. I also saw La La today, again in passing. She was wearing rosy cheeked makeup and her festive scrunchies. She looked a bit crazy.

Gosh, I hope I can keep up this gym momentum. Oh, and 5K walking today.

How do I... ?
Old 01-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #4827
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I walked 5K steps at work today. The cats carried my fitbit off somewhere I think so I haven't had it for awhile now, and I always get lower readings with my phone because I don't always carry my phone. I so can't keep up with life these days!

How do I... ?
Old 01-09-2020, 09:14 PM   #4828
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm at 8808 steps now but my main physical activity today was changing multiple tires on my golf cart and using a bike pump to fill the tires with air.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #4829
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I had 578 steps today. I also did my back exercises, which I do every day. I do them while I brush my teeth, because being bent over the sink is exactly the right position for these exercises, and I can brace myself on the sink on my left arm while I brush with the right arm. Brushing my teeth and doing my back exercises at the same time seems to take some of the drudgery out of doing both chores. Plus, multitasking saves time!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 08:19 AM   #4830
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,130 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterdays exercise was crazy. Our weather was predicted t be at about 55 degrees which is a huge treat at this time of year. My riding partner and I decided on a morning ride. At home we both decided a T-shirt and long pants was enough but... pack a windbreaker just in case. By the time I got to her house to meet up to hit the road the temps had dropped 10 degrees. When we got to our starting destination it had dropped another 10 degrees and the wind was whipping. We had to shout at each other to be heard over it while we were getting ready and the wind knocked my partner's bike over twice which is not cool at all. Once we got out we saw that the trail we hoped was clear had a lot of strips of ice and black ice so we were doing a lot of ride/walk/ride/walk including crossing bridges that were almost solid ice. My cycling shoes are slick and hard with just the clips that lock into my pedals so...no traction. It was not glamorous. After a few miles we decided to head out on the main road that ran parallel to the trail because it would be less icy. But holy cow the wind--- I almost got blown over sideways about 10 times. Like just had to ride with my shoes not clipped in so I could stop fast as possible and get my feet on the ground to not get blown over. My partner carries more weight and wasn't blown around quite as badly but still was powering through headwinds that were almost pushing us to a dead stop. We did not hit the mileage we had hoped for, to say the least.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #4831
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Yesterdays exercise was crazy. Our weather was predicted t be at about 55 degrees which is a huge treat at this time of year. My riding partner and I decided on a morning ride. At home we both decided a T-shirt and long pants was enough but... pack a windbreaker just in case. By the time I got to her house to meet up to hit the road the temps had dropped 10 degrees. When we got to our starting destination it had dropped another 10 degrees and the wind was whipping. We had to shout at each other to be heard over it while we were getting ready and the wind knocked my partner's bike over twice which is not cool at all. Once we got out we saw that the trail we hoped was clear had a lot of strips of ice and black ice so we were doing a lot of ride/walk/ride/walk including crossing bridges that were almost solid ice. My cycling shoes are slick and hard with just the clips that lock into my pedals so...no traction. It was not glamorous. After a few miles we decided to head out on the main road that ran parallel to the trail because it would be less icy. But holy cow the wind--- I almost got blown over sideways about 10 times. Like just had to ride with my shoes not clipped in so I could stop fast as possible and get my feet on the ground to not get blown over. My partner carries more weight and wasn't blown around quite as badly but still was powering through headwinds that were almost pushing us to a dead stop. We did not hit the mileage we had hoped for, to say the least.
Yeah, there was a high wind advisory both Saturday and Sunday. Good on you for powering through!

I didn't get a lot of steps in (3963) but I wasn't slothly so I feel like it was a good day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #4832
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I took a couple days off from wearing my Fitbit. But I've been averaging between 7-8.8K steps per day, sometimes more. Today it was 7988.

I have a question though, about the Fitbit. I haven't read the entire manual that came with it, because the print is awfully small (ahem), but I got my weekly email today, with tidbits of highlights from last weeks activities and interestingly, it said I gained 58 pounds. LMAO, that can't be true or none of my clothes or dresses would fit.

Anybody else get strange analytical details like this too?

*skkkkkk, skkkkkk*

Hope to get more steps in this week. Most likely it will be on Saturday though. That's housecleaning day, grocery shopping day and I've got a couple of errands to run besides the weekend stuff I've got planned.

_____ ______
Old 01-15-2020, 07:27 PM   #4833
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I took off my fitbit this week too. This is my week off the good anti-inflammatories and on Advil alone. (My doctor lets me take a high-powered anti-inflammatory, but only every other week. Too much of it is bad for my kidneys.) So on the weeks I'm on Advil, I don't do much of anything that I don't absolutely have to, so there's not much point in wearing the fitbit.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #4834
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,464 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure if this counts but it made me break a sweat. Two cord of wood was delivered and it had to be rearranged to be properly tarped. I was a little like the Geico commercial...a woodchuck, chucking wood.
nhplowboi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2020, 11:55 PM   #4835
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Just a drive by tonight: Today's step count (because OMG, my day was SOOOO bizzay) was 11, 329. I'm sure tired tonight.

I'm on a mission tonight with after hours 'chores' I have to get done, but it's a case of too much stuff that is "Have To Do Now" kind of stuff. Deadlines, they're never fun, unless you can ace the deadline in fashion.

Say, nhplowboi, that cord stacking was a muscle burner, for sure. Back in the day, when I was younger, our family cut cords of wood from timber tracts on land owned by family relatives. That is a real humdinger of an exercise activity. It really is. The guys in our family would saw up the timber and do all the chopping; but us girls would haul it over to the wood pile and stack it all up in what looked like a covered, open-air garage type structure. Oh, those were the days. Yes they were.

Happy Wednesday Evening to all the exercisers, tonight.

Cheers,

_____ ______
Old 01-16-2020, 09:10 AM   #4836
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,464 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Katzchen.....I am thinking you girls got the short end of the stick....or should I say LOGS...on that deal! Hey it all builds character and work ethic!!
nhplowboi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 10:30 PM   #4837
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Nada today but yesterday 5000 steps. Just the need to walk at work!

I'm on my third course of six day steroids (Prednisone), and it has been a little over a month of being sick. When I last saw my ENT this week, he suggested I not work out until I'm well. I've been following his advice but it's really hard. I feel so defeated. I'm hoping that I get a lot of rest this 3 day weekend, and that next week I can go to work feeling better. It's been a really tough time for me.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020, 07:38 PM   #4838
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

7164 steps so far today. Tomorrow will likely be more even though it'll be a half day at work because of the snow followed by rain, which will make for some slushy shoveling. Blech. But it needs to be done.

nyc, you gotta find a way to ease your Jonesin' for the gym but not stress your system either. There's a type of yoga in which the positions are held for 5-6 minutes each, allowing you to really get deep in the stretch. I'm not sure what it's called but maybe something like that would help?

I agree with your doc about the gym and working out too hard. For me, if I'm trying to get over something, the gym's the worst place to be because I wind up with new germs on top of the old ones I was fighting.

#peoplesuck

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:02 PM   #4839
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I only wore my Fitbit for a few hours today, but according to my weekly steps count, I walked approximately 43,504 steps. I had an early morning doctor appt to see my primary doctor today. I showed her the data from my Fitbit. She now has tangible proof that she was wrong in her notions about thinking I was not getting enough exercise. LOL, the look on her face was priceless.

I went to see her today because for the past year, I have had something on the edge of my thumb, that at first we all thought was a wart of some kind. After a year of cryotherapy, my doctor decided that they were just barking up the wrong tree. Apparently it is a corn. Why it's on the non-friction side of my thumb is anyone's guess, but I had to point out to the doctor that her theory of why she thought my cane and walking poles created the corn was just a bunch of bunk. That part of my thumb has not contact whatsoever with my cane or the walking poles or the roller walker I have used for the past few years (3). I even showed her, right there in her office, how I use the cane, just so she could internalize the image in her mind. All she could say was that it was 'curious' how I got a corn on the non-contact side of my thumb.

Again, the look on her face was priceless.

So I dunno, this thing about doctors. I have my own ideas about how they arrive at x, y or z answers.

I wish I could wave a wand over everyone who isn't feeling well and somehow make them feel better. Sometimes we just have to let our bodies cycle through whatever it is that is impeding our overall feelings of wellness, I guess.

Is anyone interested in my idea that all of working America should adopt a new work schedule of working only three weeks per month, then having an entire 4th week off for holiday purposes (yanno, to recover monthly from being overworked the other three weeks); then reserving one entire month of the year for the official vacation (all expenses paid)???

Let me know if we can somehow reshape working America in a more better equipped workforce with my new idea on how to get there with the work three weeks, one week off; then the annual one month off, for vacation.

Happy Weekend Woo-Woo to all,

_____ ______
Old 01-21-2020, 09:19 PM   #4840
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I got 5000 at work on my iphone. My fitbit has not been working for quite awhile now. Perhaps one day, like in the past, it will come back to life. How annoying... On top of my fitbit having fallen apart, so have I. I got sick mid-December and I am still not all better. My cough has improved somewhat but I'm so exhausted, and work makes it so that it's hard to find that time needed to get better. I've not been going to the gym, as per the advice of my ENT. I'm in that mode of... surviving. Better times to come as the weather warms...

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights