Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #4941
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

3 miles of Sandy toes this morning. Glad I skipped the weekend crazies. Early this morning foggy, only the dedicated walkers out. Just right.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 05:49 PM   #4942
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
3 miles of Sandy toes this morning. Glad I skipped the weekend crazies. Early this morning foggy, only the dedicated walkers out. Just right.
Same as this today, for some reason tons of surf fishing going on.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #4943
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

My last three days of walking were:

July 20th 10K steps, 4.5 miles, New Balance shoes, size 11, concrete. My feet hurt after but not my old foot injury. Hard to know if it was from trying out New Balance or from walking on all concrete.

July 21st 11K steps, 5.1 miles, my beloved old asics gel-kayano 21 and in the park, no foot pain at all. Oh, the wish to be able to buy more of the old versions of perfect shoes. Size 10.5.

July 22nd 12K steps, 5.3 miles, Hoka shoes. Size 11- which was too large. Some pain after but manageable, walked in the park.

I feel like I am really getting in the groove of this walk routine. It has been since the beginning of July.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #4944
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Oh, the wish to be able to buy more of the old versions of perfect shoes.
I have gotten lucky twice and been able to buy duplicates of perfect shoes on Amazon from independent sellers. One time I had to settle for a different color, but they were the same model. In both cases, there was only one pair for sale in my size, which leads me to think the sellers had found some closeout somewhere and bought them to resell. Both pairs were brand new in the box. It might be worth a try.

I did my PT exercises, a bit half-heartedly today. My right foot is flaring up a little, and I haven't yet decided if it makes it worse or better to exercise it, or to rest it for a day when this happens.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 10:38 PM   #4945
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

OK, so shoes we loved from the past got me to thinking and I remember shoes I had in high school that were all the rage, ugly as sin, and also simulated walking in sand designed by a Danish yoga teacher. I remember having to have them and so did everybody else, they were called earth shoes. Does anybody else remember these?

Anyway I decided to look them up to see if I could find an image to post and I found a throwback article about them and thought I would post it here. Earth Shoes.

Not an exercise post, just a blast from the past!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #4946
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
OK, so shoes we loved from the past got me to thinking and I remember shoes I had in high school that were all the rage, ugly as sin, and also simulated walking in sand designed by a Danish yoga teacher. I remember having to have them and so did everybody else, they were called earth shoes. Does anybody else remember these?
I didn't have earth shoes, but I did have a subsequent rendition - Birkenstocks. They widened my feet and now I have to wear a wide sized shoe. They sure were comfortable, though.

My physical therapist really gave my upper body a workout today. He was all about that giant rubber band, and adding extra resistance. He added some new positions today as well, including one overhead behind-the-head reach that nearly made me fall over backward. I moved one foot off the bed (I was sitting) to stabilize myself, and he was all like, "Put your foot back! Use the muscles in your core to stay upright!"

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2020, 07:38 PM   #4947
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Today was PT for me too, tomorrow morning will be beach time before the weekend crazies descend. I was just thinking of picking up a pair of Birkies, it's been since about '78 but they were great and I need a pair of garden shoes to replace what I have worn out..

Okay, okay, I'll quit derailing..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2020, 09:11 PM   #4948
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Tonight was 10K in the park. It was one of those days where a thunderstorm kept being expected, and I was overly tired from lack of sleep the night before... and I was just so down, thinking maybe I wouldn't get my walk in. But lo and behold I did!

I wore my asics gel-kayano 21 size 10.5 (newer versions suck for me). Also, thanks to Georgeoma'am I checked again to find them online and I found a super cheap used pair of them on ebay (just one there!), so I bought them. They look in pretty good condition, and these shoes do eventually fall apart, so an extra pair of my Cinderella gym shoe is very helpful! First Georgiama'am added Gochujang to my life which revolutionized my cooking, and now she led me to an extra pair of my favorite shoes. I think I have a guardian angel

I am quite the sight on my walks: airpods, mask, utility vest with pandemic-y supplies, blue gloves, neck fan, cell phone, cap... It's a bit like being inside a bubble. The park is glorious.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #4949
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,130 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I took a walk with my mom this morning. It has been so hot that exercise has been suffering. No AC at work so the thought of exercising after sitting in a swamp all day is not very appealing. But it was nice and cool out this morning so I called my mom to see if she wanted to go walk before I went to work and she did so we put on our masks and had a nice walk chat. We will do that more often.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #4950
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Got out for a great beach walk this morning, when I started it was cloudy from marine layer but pleasant and not many people out. I was nearing the end of my three mile route when the sun burned through and it was absolutely gorgeous, so I tacked on another mile and made it 4 for the day.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 08:54 PM   #4951
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

11,722 steps (5.35 miles), is what my Fitbit shows right now.

It was a beautiful day here, today, but scorching hot weather is just around the corner (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday). Over 100 degrees on those 3 days next week.

Just got through with water sets, and it's cool with a light breeze. Very enjoyable tonight.

Pretty sunset, too.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 09:54 PM   #4952
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

10K steps, 4.6 miles. I walked on the streets the whole time because it was too late for the park.

I wore my Hoka gym shoes, but this time with 3 pairs of Thorlos socks, and it worked! They had been too large, but tying the laces tight and wearing triple sports socks did the trick. Actually I never quite know if shoes worked until the next day, but my feet feel pretty good for walking two hours on concrete.

It was a Friday night so people were outdoor dining. They are not always really six feet apart, and it's kinda freaky to see people sitting at tables talking without masks. Even though it's outside, it still seems a little risky to me. At the same time, it was good people watching and nice to see the city not like a ghost town. And people were not acting wild... I just wouldn't feel comfortable with it myself. I would not feel relaxed. Honestly, even with a mask, I wasn't relaxed walking by them

Today was Day 24 of my long walks. I feel so relieved that I was able to find a way to transition from my unavailable gym to the outdoors. Exercise always makes my day

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 12:28 AM   #4953
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I spoke too soon on my Hoka shoes. I woke up this morning, and my ankles were in such pain. Once I got up and took a bath and walked around, I was okay but I think Hoka, as much hype as they get, are too platform-y and big for me. One confounding variable: my walk last night was 100% concrete instead of the park.

Today I received my ebay 2nd pair of so-hard-to-find old version asics gel kayano-21 gym shoes, size 10.5 (worn w/2 pairs of Thorlos socks, one medium cushion and one maximum cushion). Gosh, for "used" they look better than mine. This person clearly didn't walk in the woods. I would have payed so much more for these. 20 dollars, what a deal.

So I walked in the park (sunset walk) with my fave shoes on trails, so nice. It was just an amazing evening. I walked 5K steps (2.25 miles), then did half hour of "gym floor" exercises (yoga, weights, 100 five-second sit-ups, etc), then another 5K steps (2.25 miles). The weather was just beautiful, and it was so nice to see people out safely on a Saturday evening. I brought two six pound weights with me and a Bearz waterproof tarp. I set them out in the park while I walked, which was cool, because neither are really worthy of stealing, though I guess one never knows. The weights hold down the tarp which works out well. Looking up at the sky while doing stretching and ab exercises never gets old.

Our apt is only half a block from the park but ideally I don't like to go back and forth from home to use the bathroom, especially if I'm deep into the park. I found a perfect spot to pee tonight. I always need to find a place that is not so hidden that I will be mugged or bitten by a tick and not so open that I will be seen. I found a great secret place. It involves walking up an incline that is covered in burrs, like so many of them. On the way down the little hill of burrs, I was caught off guard, and the burrs functioned like walking on top of little wheels, and I slid down onto my ass. Luckily my ass is very cushioned so it was nothing more than a bit of a surprise! And the best part was that no one saw me. Next time I'll try to do a little better with not slipping on them. This story is a little TMI but it's the reality of not being in the gym.

When I get home, I always have to wash my lower legs because they are covered in a layer of dirt. The trails generate a lot of dirt, but they sure are good for the feet.

Tomorrow night I set up a zoom with BB's relatives. I felt bad because I nixed us getting together with them, even outside, for obvious reasons. I will miss getting to walk during sunset when it's not as hot, but I do have my neck fan .

How do I... ?
Old 07-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #4954
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default @ nycfem

Your "tmi" about walking the trail with burrs reminded me of the urgent need to go pee and not close to a place where one can go pee in private.

One day, a few months ago, out on a 'mission', *lol*, I needed to do exactly that, but was not close to any place safe to go pee. In a panic, desperation set in, and luckily no one was in sight of my location, so behind a grove of trees, was the place safest to do it. I couldnt wait until i got home to take a long shower.

It is going to be terribly hot here today, so i do not have plans to get any steps in today. With things i plan to do at my stay-cation locale, I might get in about 3k-4k steps.

Better to stay inside and stay hydrated is probably the best thing i can do during this heat wave.

I am glad you are exercising alternative ways to visit your family, though. I have resisted visiting friends here at home or going to see my family because it is too huge of a health risk, right now. Texting with close friends and arranging to not be in the same place at the same time with close friends and kin (family) is the best defense right now.

Hope you have a wonderful visit with your family.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #4955
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hello, exercisers!

Yesterday was my high count for the week at 11,647 steps. The day before was nearly 11,000. Most work days I get between 5000-8000 steps in there. Today I am off and loafing around so I'm barely past 1,000 steps but will get a few more in before day's end. A lot of what I'm doing doesn't register on my counter and that's the side to side motion as I go through boxes and disperse things into Save, Donate, Sell or Trash.

We're in the middle of the second heat wave in about a week's time. Tomorrow could hit 99 with a heat index of several degrees more. It's hard to exercise outside like that and to work outside in that sloppy hot soup is not my idea of fun. Be safe out there to those who will brave the elements to get their groove on.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 04:11 PM   #4956
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Shaved down my 5K time by a minute!
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #4957
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Gosh, when I wear my fave shoes and walk in the park I have no problems. I woke up with happy feet today. I walked 12K in the park (5.5 miles). And did my zoom meeting with Cindy's relatives laying on my tarp. It was breezy, and I brought my weights which held the tarp down (along with sticks in the ground through the corner holes. And carrying the weights was good exercise too. Summer loving, had me a blast .

How do I... ?
Old 07-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #4958
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

3.5 miles barefoot in sand, early morning, just the regulars were out. My favorite!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2020, 07:40 PM   #4959
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

How long did that take you?

How do I... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2020, 09:18 PM   #4960
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Evening walk in the park. 5.2 miles, 11.5K steps.

Riverside Park has an influx of raccoons. They are beautiful and fascinating but it's weird. I wonder why this has happened. It's like someone dropped off a truck full of raccoons. I take cool photos of them and we both keep a distance from each other. At one point I heard what sounded like a combination of a snort and a snarf, and it was one of the raccoons!

I continue to wear my favorite shoes and be happy in them.

How do I... ?

Tags
exercise, weights