Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 02-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #421
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

What does this mean in English?
In the browser, IE in your case, there should be a 'settings' option to click to do things to IE (or any other browser) like deleting cookies and browsing data, or setting up privacy stuff, et al.

There you should find 'extensions' which may or may not contain that horrible bit of advertising software and from where you may, or may not, be able to delete it.

I hope someone who uses IE can come 'interpret'.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #422
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
We don't do any advertising so this will likely be something on IE.

These sites may give you a few ideas how to address it:

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/#IE

http://wafflesatnoon.com/2011/10/05/...t-enhance-ads/

Thanks Linus. Was a shockwave setting.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #423
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Default --browser update--

Aloha - I'm a geek with no time to fix her own problem so hopefully someone has encountered the same and has a fix. I'm running Safari on OSX 10.8.2 (all updated) and can't get into chat. I was getting a java error ran the install and checked for an update update and I'm still SOL. I get a blank pop-up-window and zilch. Advice or fix links appreciated. Gracias! ~pink
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #424
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
Aloha - I'm a geek with no time to fix her own problem so hopefully someone has encountered the same and has a fix. I'm running Safari on OSX 10.8.2 (all updated) and can't get into chat. I was getting a java error ran the install and checked for an update update and I'm still SOL. I get a blank pop-up-window and zilch. Advice or fix links appreciated. Gracias! ~pink

I have the same problem using Safari as well, though in my case I wonder if it may be impossible to chat via a mobile device? I thought I would ask as well since someone else was already posing a similar question.

Thanks for any insight!
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #425
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

There are multiple known issues with java right now. We have been struggling with this for weeks since it appears that Chrome does not support Java 7 on the Mac platform.

We are doing a huge site upgrade tomorrow and will be moving our chatroom to a flash-based platform. This should fix any further issues our users are having in accessing the chat room.

Thanks
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #426
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
There are multiple known issues with java right now. We have been struggling with this for weeks since it appears that Chrome does not support Java 7 on the Mac platform.

We are doing a huge site upgrade tomorrow and will be moving our chatroom to a flash-based platform. This should fix any further issues our users are having in accessing the chat room.

Thanks
I don't use chat, but you folks are just aces for staying on top of all this.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #427
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default app warnings

All of a sudden, I am getting an app warning i.e. bfp wants to run an app everytime I open a page. Any clue what this is from?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #428
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Member Photo Albums

Did this just happen in the last couple of minutes or has it been all day?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #429
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Did this just happen in the last couple of minutes or has it been all day?

Just in last 15 minutes. Site just acting weird and slow to load and doing so weird delay stuff.

And when I try and post this, I get a database error.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #430
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Just in last 15 minutes. Site just acting weird and slow to load and doing so weird delay stuff.

And when I try and post this, I get a database error.
Im working on some templates for the chat room and that tends to make things wonky for a bit. Sorry, I posted about it in the chat room thread but should have issued a general warning.

Might be wonky for a few more minutes but Im almost done.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #431
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone else getting crazy amounts of database errors?

Or is this something else I can chalk up to mercury retrograde?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #432
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I'm getting them almost constantly.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #433
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Angie and I were discussing this yesterday. We believe the explosive growth of the site and posting has been taxing the database along with the spammers trying to get in. We're contemplating upgrading the server to more memory and CPU as well as 64-bit with an eventual upgrade to 5 while keeping the same feel/look. Additionally, we're also looking at creating an "archive" location to put some of the older threads as well as having a few threads archive due to their size but still allowing members to access the threads at any time (not necessarily posting to them)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #434
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Gemme & Semantics....I,too, am getting them in inordinate amounts as well. Something else funky that has happened twice today is when I was trying to log on, I used my SN and password, BUT it said invalid user ID or password BUT sent me to homepage, and I went to my page and it said "logging on"......soooo
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #435
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Angie and I were discussing this yesterday. We believe the explosive growth of the site and posting has been taxing the database along with the spammers trying to get in. We're contemplating upgrading the server to more memory and CPU as well as 64-bit with an eventual upgrade to 5 while keeping the same feel/look. Additionally, we're also looking at creating an "archive" location to put some of the older threads as well as having a few threads archive due to their size but still allowing members to access the threads at any time (not necessarily posting to them)
Linus, on some threads, esp with a post with multiple images in them, that seems to sluggishly move til I am past said post. Sometimes a page will have two or three posts with multiple images in them, sandwiched between different posts/users....so it goes warp speed, then sluggish, then warp...etc.
I noticed it will do same thing on the Music posts thread. Just offering up some FYI
Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #436
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Hello,
I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but for the past few days I have been getting database errors about half of the time while pages are loading. I thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case it isn't just on my end.
Thanks!

P.S. Like now; when I try to submit the reply; now I'm not sure if it will show up 2x or not at all.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #437
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good to know.

I'm always happy to learn I haven't earned a spot on a site's miserable users list (because I wondered).

Good luck with it.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #438
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
I'm getting them almost constantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge-Smile View Post
Hello,
I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but for the past few days I have been getting database errors about half of the time while pages are loading. I thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case it isn't just on my end.
Thanks!

P.S. Like now; when I try to submit the reply; now I'm not sure if it will show up 2x or not at all.

Gaige and I both have been getting a lot of Data Base Error messages. Mine seems to be primarily when I try to go to "User CP". In the last half hour, I am not able to access "User CP" at all.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #439
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Linus, sorry but I sent you an email with a screen shot from Chrome. I am getting tons of Database errors when trying to load up the website or signing in, or even trying to go into a thread and post or go between threads. pages are not acting correctly,ie I used the thanks button, it disappeared but didnt' show up as a thanks. Pages loading with huge amount of lagging and tying up my browser. I dont know what's going on. This has happend tons today and yesterday. I am glad to know it's not just me that's having Database errors.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #440
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Everyone we are aware of what's going on. We are working on it. We believe it is a denial of service as it's consistent at a specific time each day.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:

Tags
forum geek, forum help