Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #221
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
PICS!!!! I don't think I can believe in the existence of this magnificent creation without photographic evidence.

GIRRRRLLLL, that thing went to the Goodwill like 16 years ago. I think it was the single thing that set off my Christmas-sweater aversion. To this day, I get hives and anxiety when exposed to Christmas sweaters.

THIS IS THE EXACT TEDDY BEAR APPLIQUE THAT WAS ON THE FRONT OF THE SWEATSHIRT!!!!!!!! NOT KIDDING!!!

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #222
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

My stepsister only gets me gifts because my stepmother guilts her into it. Two years ago she found a wine glass at the dollar store that was painted to look like a round santa claus. I don't mind gifts from the dollar store, i'm just saying that so there is a frame of reference as to the quality of painting skills. She put a piece of tissue paper in it, strung some pony beads on a piece of waxed cord, called it a bracelet and put that in there, then put the whole shebang in a box she took from work.

I re-gifted it at a white elephant at work last year. (SO NAUGHTY)
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #223
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
GIRRRRLLLL, that thing went to the Goodwill like 16 years ago. I think it was the single thing that set off my Christmas-sweater aversion. To this day, I get hives and anxiety when exposed to Christmas sweaters.

THIS IS THE EXACT TEDDY BEAR APPLIQUE THAT WAS ON THE FRONT OF THE SWEATSHIRT!!!!!!!! NOT KIDDING!!!

OMG! I fell victim to the exact same bear appliquéd to a sweatshirt and embellished with glitter fabric paint! And also from an ex mother-in-law. Seeing that bear again after 20+ years made me shudder! LOL
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #224
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
OMG! I fell victim to the exact same bear appliquéd to a sweatshirt and embellished with glitter fabric paint! And also from an ex mother-in-law. Seeing that bear again after 20+ years made me shudder! LOL

Well, i brought this on myself. Imagining that bear with glued on googly eyes and glitter paint, surrounded by lace...

I'm going to have nightmares...

"Come give me a hug! I want to hug you. GIVE GLITTER BEAR A SPARKLY HUG NOWWWWWWW"
Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #225
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
My stepsister only gets me gifts because my stepmother guilts her into it. Two years ago she found a wine glass at the dollar store that was painted to look like a round santa claus. I don't mind gifts from the dollar store, i'm just saying that so there is a frame of reference as to the quality of painting skills. She put a piece of tissue paper in it, strung some pony beads on a piece of waxed cord, called it a bracelet and put that in there, then put the whole shebang in a box she took from work.

I re-gifted it at a white elephant at work last year. (SO NAUGHTY)

OMG!

One year an ex-friend went on and on about how she got me something for my birthday. Our birthdays were only like a week apart and I felt like she was doing it so that I would feel obligated to get her something even though I was broke as shit at the time. I ended up getting her a set of hand-made bath bombs and lotions. When I opened the gift she had been yammering on about, it was a wok.
When I took the wok out of the box, out flew a little slip of paper that said "Thank you for ordering from xyz company, here is the free wok we promised you".

Don't get me wrong, LOVED the wok but I was definitely
Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #226
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post

That seems to be the common gift for hated DILs! LOLOLOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #227
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That seems to be the common gift for hated DILs! LOLOLOL
LOL...I was thinking the same thing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #228
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
OMG!

One year an ex-friend went on and on about how she got me something for my birthday. Our birthdays were only like a week apart and I felt like she was doing it so that I would feel obligated to get her something even though I was broke as shit at the time. I ended up getting her a set of hand-made bath bombs and lotions. When I opened the gift she had been yammering on about, it was a wok.
When I took the wok out of the box, out flew a little slip of paper that said "Thank you for ordering from xyz company, here is the free wok we promised you".

Don't get me wrong, LOVED the wok but I was definitely
That reminds me of something that happened to me a few years ago. I never regift but I do reuse wrapping paper if it's really pretty. I used some to wrap a Christmas gift for my stepmother. However, I neglected to take a closer look at the paper before using it. On the paper was written "To: R, From: S, A & J" Of course my stepmother noticed and read it aloud...I nearly died!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #229
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I posted a pic of what I have been working on today. It was mind-numbing but pretty addictive and I have plans to do many more.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/gall...1589&nocache=1
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #230
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,397 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I hope this video posts correctly cuz this is pretty cool! Courtesy of my cousin Jenny

http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=61&sid=14428842

Click on the picture of the scarves for the video!
cinnamongrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #231
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Is the base styrofoam?

I love thumbtacks and actually collect interesting ones. Thanks for showing the possibilities of what can be done with them! That is jaw dropping craft magic!

Quote:
I posted a pic of what I have been working on today. It was mind-numbing but pretty addictive and I have plans to do many more.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/gall...1589&nocache=1
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #232
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

greetings crafters

i need some advice

i am trying to make my niece a chapbook for xmas
i've mocked up a cover in photoshop but i am unsure of the best way to actually make it a cover

my first thought is 4x6 photo prints spray adhesive-d to card stock and then all stitched up with a waxed floss

chapbook makers
will this work? is there a better solution?

i'm open to any and all suggestions

thank you
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #233
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

update for the crafting record

photo prints adhered to card stock seems to work - time will tell the durability but all signs are good

5x7 prints are better because there is less scrap when cutting down 8x11 sheets of paper to fit
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #234
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm making this! I found the window frame in a wood pile and thought it was the PERFECT width for a queen sized bed...and it IS

http://www.bhg.com/rooms/bedroom/hea...jects/#page=20
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #235
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

AND....

I found an old window that I can do this with also...but I wouldn't use it as a headboard

http://www.bhg.com/rooms/bedroom/hea...jects/#page=22
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #236
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Does anyone here embroider? I used to about 20 years ago and have forgotten some of the fancier stitches. I found some gorgeous patterns on UrbanThreads and am dying to try them out!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #237
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Does anyone here embroider? I used to about 20 years ago and have forgotten some of the fancier stitches. I found some gorgeous patterns on UrbanThreads and am dying to try them out!!
I can, but it has been years. These days you can simply google a stitch and there are you tube videos that show you how. It is a wonderful thing!

Now off to look up Urban Threads!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #238
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Me! It's not something I do on a regular basis, but I do embroider. I will have to check out Urban Threads, too!

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #239
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Going to work on some crafty projects later tonight while I'm on an overseas conference call for work.

I found a great little scan that shows a bunch of easy embroidery stitches:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-82XL6vE3CS...y+Stitches.jpg
Old 03-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #240
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default for anyone who can crochet :)

this yarn makes beautiful scarves http://www.redheart.com/yarn/boutique-sashay
cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post: