Old 07-22-2015, 06:52 PM   #501
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Trans Health Care Navigator job available

Hey, guys, I can vouch for the place below if anyone has an interest. It looks like a great opportunity to get your head in the door with the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health. Who wouldn't want to work with them? They set the tone for all trans health care in the U.S.

The University of California - San Francisco (UCSF) is hiring a transgender patient care navigator. This will be initially a 1 year, 75% time position, located in San Francisco. This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on how transgender care continues to develop at UCSF. Position requires a bachelor degree and 2 years of some kind of health related experience. Trans people and people of color are encouraged to apply. Please circulate widely and e-mail Madeline.Deutsch@ucsf.edu for the full job description.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #502
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I am very, very glad that that proposed florida transgender bathroom bill didn't become law. However, I had a thought about it last night. It would be funny as hell, IF that law had passed, and ftms followed that law, and used the women's bathroom, AND when they did so, to leave the seat up afterwards. :P
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2015, 04:41 PM   #503
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Obama appoints first transgender White House staff member

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politi...aff/index.html
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #504
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I missed this one on 6/16, an episode of Charlie Rose The Brain Series: Gender Identity. It's not an infotainment piece, but rather a panel discussion of scientists about the causes and manifestations brain biology on gender identity.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #505
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today-Obama Defends Health Rights for Transgender Americans
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #506
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Stitching together Cid's Manhood

The Guardian interviewed Cid Isbell, about his bottom surgery.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #507
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Parents challenge adult child's competence for consent to GRS

I just came across this. Article was written on 9/2/15.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ecbfa...r-reassignment

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #508
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Marine MTF

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2015, 07:44 PM   #509
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

US School District Violated Transgender Student's Rights

CHICAGO (AP) — The U.S. Department of Education said Monday that a suburban Chicago school district is violating the rights of a transgender student by refusing to allow her the unrestricted use of a girls' locker room.

Education Department officials and lawyers for the student say the decision was the first of its kind on the issue.

The student, with the assistance of the American Civil Liberties Union, filed a federal complaint against Illinois' Palatine Township School District 211, asking for unrestricted access to the locker room. The district had proposed a compromise that would allow access but require the student to change and shower in a separate area.

"All students deserve the opportunity to participate equally in school programs and activities — this is a basic civil right," Education Department Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Catherine Lhamon said in a statement. "Unfortunately, Township High School District 211 is not following the law because the district continues to deny a female student the right to use the girls' locker room."

Lhamon went on to say the district can provide access to the student while also respecting all students' privacy and encouraged the district to comply with the law and resolve the case.

District 211 has 30 days to change the policy, or risk losing millions in federal funding.

In a statement issued by the ACLU, the student, who hasn't been identified, said she was pleased by the Education Department's decision.

"All students deserve the opportunity to participate equally in school programs and activities - this is a basic civil right."

Education Department Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Catherine Lhamon

District 211 Superintendent Daniel Cates said in a statement the district does not agree with the department's stance.

The policy the department "seeks to impose on District 211 is a serious overreach with precedent-setting implications," Cates said. "District 211 continues to believe that what we offer is reasonable and honors every student's dignity."

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #510
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting experience filling out forms for my medical today. I go to this HUGE practice (almost like a little hospital in NJ). They now have a patient portal and you update your files and papers online before going for the physical.

this was new

Birth Id:
Gender Id
Sexuality

also they just added someone to the practice who focus in LGBTQI health concerns. They were limited in their Gender and Birth ID's towards the binary but it is a start. You know I will educate my doc when I see her about the limitations.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #511
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
Interesting experience filling out forms for my medical today. I go to this HUGE practice (almost like a little hospital in NJ). They now have a patient portal and you update your files and papers online before going for the physical.

this was new

Birth Id:
Gender Id
Sexuality

also they just added someone to the practice who focus in LGBTQI health concerns. They were limited in their Gender and Birth ID's towards the binary but it is a start. You know I will educate my doc when I see her about the limitations.
PP,
Was it a drop down menu, or could you write in your own identity?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2015, 10:40 PM   #512
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

<Gemme's article>

I work with trans teens and adults.

This school year I helped a number of FTM teens and their parents navigate the teens coming out socially at their high schools. So, far, they have not had any problems, even though none of them are currently on hormones. They have been accepted onto male sports teams and have the option to use the male bathrooms.

None of them have chosen the bathroom option, all preferring to use the administrator or nurse bathroom. I am actually glad that they are all comfortable with this option, as I worry that parents will make a ruckus if they knew the teens were using the bathroom of their identified gender, rather than the gender they were assigned at birth.

I would really be concerned if there was a MTF teen in my school district who wanted to use the girl's bathroom. I bet there would be even more push back from parents if a "boy was allowed in the girl's bathroom".

The school district does not have any protocols/policies around trans teens, but they been very supportive.

As a reference point, I live in a mid-atlantic state.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #513
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Houstons' HERO ordinance did not pass the vote this evening. It is a very sad day for not only GLTBQI folks but veterans, disabled veterans, POC and any non white/hetero.

It means that we can be booted from jobs still, not hired for jobs, etc. A long list goes on and on.

Sad part is the voters, either party, was brainwashed by scare tactics using the bible and their own imagination by not know the difference between a transgender person and a pedophile.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #514
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Default Interesting article

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/news/1.684144

U.S. Reform Jewish Movement Set to Pass Resolution on Transgender Rights
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/news/1.684144
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 10:27 PM   #515
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Thommi Clinton, her response to the HERO ordinance not passing in Houston.

JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 02:47 PM   #516
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Transgender Day of Remembrance- November 20

Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR) is an annual observance on November 20 that honors the memory of those whose lives were lost in acts of anti-transgender violence.

http://www.glaad.org/tdor

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #517
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

More Transgender People Have Been Killed in 2015 Than Any Other Year on Record

At vigils across the country today, people are honoring the victims of fatal anti-transgender violence as part of an annual Transgender Day of Remembrance. At least 21 transgender people have been killed in the United States already this year, which is more homicides than any other year on record, according to a recent report by Human Rights Campaign. During the first six months of the year alone, more transgender people were killed than in all of 2014. Most of the victims were transgender women of color. So far, none of the attacks have been deemed hate crimes.

On Tuesday, a congressional task force launched in response to the "epidemic of violence against the transgender community." The Transgender Equality Task Force, chaired by Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.), who has a transgender granddaughter, aims to understand the causes of anti-transgender violence and identify what the federal government can do to improve the situation.

Activists say it's hard to know exactly how many transgender people are killed every year. One problem, they say, is that police officers often refer to transgender homicide victims with names and pronouns reflecting their gender of birth, rather than their gender identity. (For example, transgender women are often described by police officers as men.) And while the FBI last year began publishing statistics on hate crimes against gender-nonconforming people, the bureau's figures only reflect cases reported to authorities. Some crime-reporting programs at the state level have also opted, for budgetary reasons, not to collect data on hate crimes against transgender people, according to an FBI spokesman. Lauren Smith, a press contact for Honda, the chair of the congressional task force, said the issue of data collection has come up in discussions among task force members, but that the group won't be meeting until shortly after Thanksgiving to hammer out specific agenda items they hope to address.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015...er-year-record
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2015, 11:32 PM   #518
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I realize this is not news that relates directly to trans people as it stands, yet I am choosing to post it because it is important news that will hopefully improve lower surgeries for trans men in the not too distant future. -Jesse

"Within a year, maybe in just a few months, a young soldier with a horrific injury from a bomb blast in Afghanistan will have an operation that has never been performed in the United States: a penis transplant.
The organ will come from a deceased donor, and the surgeons, from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, say they expect it to start working in a matter of months, developing urinary function, sensation and, eventually, the ability to have sex..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/07/he...unds.html?_r=1
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #519
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanks for posting this. I read this too. I do wonder though if we will start to see organ donors say that they don't want that organ used. I wonder if penises would be a special request item they (the organ people who hawk around waiting for your family member to die) would have to ask a family member for even if the person is a "organ donor".

Anyway, I suspect that a cis man would get a donated penis well before they would give one to a trans man. However, if donating penises become a norm, there may be enough to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I realize this is not news that relates directly to trans people as it stands, yet I am choosing to post it because it is important news that will hopefully improve lower surgeries for trans men in the not too distant future. -Jesse

"Within a year, maybe in just a few months, a young soldier with a horrific injury from a bomb blast in Afghanistan will have an operation that has never been performed in the United States: a penis transplant.
The organ will come from a deceased donor, and the surgeons, from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, say they expect it to start working in a matter of months, developing urinary function, sensation and, eventually, the ability to have sex..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/07/he...unds.html?_r=1

Old 12-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #520
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation
Default Every public bathroom could use one of these

Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post: