Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-21-2015, 09:24 PM   #21
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
"The Man in the High Castle" is based on the 1962 novel by Philip K. Dick, set in 1962 in an alternate version of Earth history wherein the forces of Japan and Germany won the second World War. The victorious Axis powers have divided the USA into puppet states, the Japanese on the west coast and the Nazis on the east, with a neutral zone in the middle.

It is really, really good.

It was given the green light for more episodes but I want to watch it now!
It sounds really good. I think I'll wait for it to come out because I hate that feeling!
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default One of my favorite films.

Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2015, 11:42 AM   #23
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default THe Central Park Five

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Central-Park-Five-Antron-McCray/dp/B00AZMFG48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429551463&sr=8-1&keywords=central+park+five"]The Central Park Five[/ame]
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #24
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
The Central Park Five
That was chilling and maddening. And Linda Fairstein, the D.A., still insists the kids were involved! To make it worse personally, my sister, after attending Fairstein's book signing when writing a Village Voice story on her, swears she's a lesbian. When I asked her how she knew, she rolled her eyes and said that after spending her life with a lesbian mother and sister, she knows a crowd of lesbian supporters when she sees them.

I know this is cheating because it's not Amazon but the best documentary I've ever seen on this subject is Murder on a Sunday Morning which you can see on You Tube https://youtu.be/h5RAYF1R8Eo.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #25
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

I've been a prime member for well over a year, and only JUST found out I got free movies... and e-books.. oops

lol

soooo, between Netflix, youtube and Amazon, we are saving SO much money on not buying movies at DVD Exchange

I've started watching Veronica Mars (the series) on Prime. I wanted to watch it before, but I just never have the time to watch on air shows. I'm just too busy.

I watched the pilot last night. wow, there is SO much going on in that 1 episode, my goodness. I'll watch the next one, but my goodness.. Not sure if I'll be able to keep up if it keeps compiling like that on each episode.

However, stoked that the Woman in Black is on prime until the 29th I really like that movie.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #26
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default This film was a breath of fresh air and quite endearing.....

Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #27
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Watching another Amazon original series, pilot episode.

The Man in the High Castle.

"The Man in the High Castle" is based on the 1962 novel by Philip K. Dick, set in 1962 in an alternate version of Earth history wherein the forces of Japan and Germany won the second World War. The victorious Axis powers have divided the USA into puppet states, the Japanese on the west coast and the Nazis on the east, with a neutral zone in the middle.

It is really, really good.

It was given the green light for more episodes but I want to watch it now!
The full season of episodes is now streaming and it is so good!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #28
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Watching Bosch, an Amazon Prime original series.

I have always loved the Harry Bosch fiction series of books by Michael Connelly.

Bosch, Amazon Prime, has an 80's vibe, which I am liking.

I am only on the second episode, so will see about the rest.

Can't believe its been over a year (February 2015) since I watched season one.

It was great and season 2 episodes are now on Amazon Prime.

Did a little binge watching and I think season two is even better than season one.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 PM   #29
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

We just finished watching season 2, the last season, of Mozart in the Jungle. This was an excellent series:

"A new Amazon Original Series: What happens behind the curtains at the symphony is just as captivating as what happens on stage. Created by Paul Weitz (About a Boy), Roman Coppola (The Darjeeling Limited), and Jason Schwartzman (Rushmore). Brash new maestro Rodrigo (Gael Garcia Bernal) is stirring things up, and young oboist Hailey (Lola Kirke) hopes for her big chance."
Old 03-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #30
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin View Post
I've been a prime member for well over a year, and only JUST found out I got free movies... and e-books.. oops

I've started watching Veronica Mars (the series) on Prime. I wanted to watch it before, but I just never have the time to watch on air shows. I'm just too busy.
There are free e-books on Prime? Where?

I binged all of Veronica Mars on prime and then rented the movie!
Old 04-24-2016, 07:38 AM   #31
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not savvy at navigating social media websites, but this seems to be a good link to find the current offerings on Amazon Prime.

http://amazonscreeningroom.tumblr.com/
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #32
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Not a movie but a great NFL series called All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals.

I have to admit I didn't even know Arizona had an NFL team until I started watching it.

~Washington Post

Last edited by *Anya*; 09-04-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: