Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 03-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #581
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Peculiar thing today. The site won't let me log out, I was trying to sign out about 6 hours ago. Everything else on the site worked just that one button not responding, trying again now, same thing.

Anywho, I'm off for the night, I just thought someone should know.

That sounds browser or ISP related. Something on your end is caching information and not refreshing it to reflect what you've actually done. Try logging in and out with a different browser to see if the effect is repeated.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #582
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thought that might be it. Just for grins, I let it sit overnight and then tried it without changing anything this morning and it worked fine. So, mystery to me.

Next time I'll wait a bit longer before sounding any alarms.

Thanks Linus!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2015, 07:18 AM   #583
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

For the last few days each time I click on the icon to post a picture I am thrown off the forum. I access BFP via iPad or iPhone and have never had this issue before.

I've tried logging out (which I don't usually do) but it's still happening.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #584
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Oh wow; me too. I just figured something was wrong with my iPad.

Last edited by Smiling; 05-20-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: lol, and naturally, I have the best pics ever to share...
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #585
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
Oh wow; me too. I just figured something was wrong with my iPad.
Not just me then! I thought I'd broken something

Strange that it should start happening out of the blue though. Sigh...

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #586
Humanesque

How Do You Identify?:
Human and approachable.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Siri answered the question! Eating Shark Soup and laughing to the bank!

Location: Right where I am supposed to be on the Hill in the arms of friends,family my loved ones. California
Humanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST Reputation

I sent 3 emails to through the contact us button.

The ladies are right, it wont let you log off.

This has been a perpetual problem for 3+ days.

This is not an ISP issue.

Every time I click my favorites link to open up the page I get a message, See email please, and I am logged in.

Thanks!
Humanesque is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Humanesque For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #587
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

ButchFemme Planet kept freezing on my iPad this evening. Other sites are ok.

It froze on a post I made on the CIJS thread and I couldn't delete it, I could not preview it.

Finally, after hitting submit, it took but it posted the same post 3 times!

Is there any way, or is it possible, that you would be able to delete two of the duplicates, just for the sake of everyone forced to see the same post 3 times?

Thank you.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2015, 05:56 AM   #588
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

At least you got in! I just sat and watched the gerbils push the wheel of possibilities around and around before giving up.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #589
Humanesque

How Do You Identify?:
Human and approachable.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Siri answered the question! Eating Shark Soup and laughing to the bank!

Location: Right where I am supposed to be on the Hill in the arms of friends,family my loved ones. California
Humanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST Reputation

Is there a way to set a profile to private - only contacts and friends list?

I.e.- area for messenger?

Thanks
Humanesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #590
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Searching

When I try to search for particular threads or posts I either get no results or too many to be useful. I think surely I must be doing something wrong because I see other posts by users telling other users to just search to find the post/thread in question.

Does search use boolean operators?

Does anyone have any tips that can help me search and actually get meaningful results?

Is there a thread that addresses it, searching, that I cannot find because I cannot search for it in a meaningful way?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #591
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
When I try to search for particular threads or posts I either get no results or too many to be useful. I think surely I must be doing something wrong because I see other posts by users telling other users to just search to find the post/thread in question.

Does search use boolean operators?

Does anyone have any tips that can help me search and actually get meaningful results?

Is there a thread that addresses it, searching, that I cannot find because I cannot search for it in a meaningful way?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
KISS. Don't overcomplicate the search. Use the advanced search options and be moderately specific but not so much that you'll eliminate all of your options. Don't try the full title of the thread. Keyword searches garner better results. If you know the thread has been in existence for a couple of years it's probably safe to assume it has at least 25 posts and make sure to mark whether you are looking for key words in the posts or in the title and make sure that you actually use the correct words to do the key word searches. That helps.

I'm subscribed to well over 2000 threads, so it's often much easier to do a search than to try to go through my subscribed threads link. Muuuuuuch easier.

I can't remember what a Boolean operator is so I really can't help you there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2015, 04:14 AM   #592
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation
Default Time Shifting

Excuse me please,

I seem to be in a pickle. In my infinite wisdom I decided to alter the `time` to European in my...whatever its called....so it showed the time here when I was actually posting where I was....but now I have posted and my post showed up further back up the thread, not last post, I am showing up as posting before people that I actually posted well after....and I now I cant remember what `time area` was the default setting I originally changed it from, which I want to reset it to......

And if you can make any sense at all of this you are a star...any ideas ?

Utterly [ and easily ] confused, Daisy

Thank you in advance.
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #593
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

I think I may have solved the problem.......if this ends up as the last post......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
Excuse me please,

I seem to be in a pickle. In my infinite wisdom I decided to alter the `time` to European in my...whatever its called....so it showed the time here when I was actually posting where I was....but now I have posted and my post showed up further back up the thread, not last post, I am showing up as posting before people that I actually posted well after....and I now I cant remember what `time area` was the default setting I originally changed it from, which I want to reset it to......

And if you can make any sense at all of this you are a star...any ideas ?

Utterly [ and easily ] confused, Daisy

Thank you in advance.
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #594
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
I think I may have solved the problem.......if this ends up as the last post......
see your PM's...
Old 09-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #595
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,103 Times in 5,113 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Hi,

I don't remember how to close a thread, and I need to close this one:
Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Special Events > BFP Holiday Card Exchange 2014

I started a new thread for 2015 already.

Thanks in advance,

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #596
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default thread needs a Notice

Hi Helpful Forum Person,

I screwed up when I started the Holiday Card Exchange thread. I had some procedural questions for folks, and there has been some discussion on the thread already. However, now when I posted the instructions for signing up, that (most important) post is not the first thing folks see - it's post #12, not #1.

Can you please put a Notice at the top of the BFP Holiday Card Exchange 2015 thread (like the one at the beginning of the "Daddy Girl Dynamic House" thread) so that when people open the window, it says something like:
Click here http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...9&postcount=12 to go directly to the instructions!

I'm also open to suggestions if you have a better idea.

Thanks in advance,
GeorgiaMa'am

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #597
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

bump - help please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Hi Helpful Forum Person,

I screwed up when I started the Holiday Card Exchange thread. I had some procedural questions for folks, and there has been some discussion on the thread already. However, now when I posted the instructions for signing up, that (most important) post is not the first thing folks see - it's post #12, not #1.

Can you please put a Notice at the top of the BFP Holiday Card Exchange 2015 thread (like the one at the beginning of the "Daddy Girl Dynamic House" thread) so that when people open the window, it says something like:
Click here http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...9&postcount=12 to go directly to the instructions!

I'm also open to suggestions if you have a better idea.

Thanks in advance,
GeorgiaMa'am
Old 10-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #598
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,370 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Window's 10 Question

I've just installed the new Window's 10 into my computer and cannot figure out (yet) how to post a URL image here. I usually find what I need in "properties", but that element doesn't exist in this newer format, so I'm at a loss Any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #599
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

bump - help no longer needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
bump - help please?

- Prince
Old 11-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #600
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bumping

Bumping incase any new folks need to ask questions and get forum help.

Tags
forum geek, forum help