Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #101
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Wow!!! Jet, that is an awesome layout on Pearl Harbor!! I know how hard you worked on it - thanks for sharing your art, it's just amazing!
I totally agree, Jet. Your exhibit of Pearl Harbor is spellbounding. I am in total awe of your presentation.

Thank you for sharing it with this select audience. Now as Andrew suggests, share it with the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #102
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My nephew joined the Army. He is off to Iraq. I am so proud of him.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #103
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Today - D Day

I went to the VFW in honor of the battles at Normandy. I am so overwhelmed with pride of those men who fought on the beaches.

Today is also the anniversary of Midway.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #104
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

The WWII Memorial

(Above)
There are 4,000 stars on this wall and each one represents 100 men that gave their lives during the war.*
The United States entered the Second World War in 1941 not to conquer, but to liberate a world fast falling to the forces of tyranny.
The World War II Memorial honors the 16 million who served in uniform, of whom more than 400,000 gave their lives.
It also honors the many millions who supported the war effort on the home front and celebrates the American spirit,
national unity, and victory. It recognizes the price paid by families.

A complete view of The WWII Memorial:

http://www.somewhereneartampabay.com/washington.html
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #105
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

One of the first actions Hitler took to gain control was deny the right to bear arms.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #106
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post

The WWII Memorial

(Above)
There are 4,000 stars on this wall and each one represents 100 men that gave their lives during the war.*
The United States entered the Second World War in 1941 not to conquer, but to liberate a world fast falling to the forces of tyranny.
The World War II Memorial honors the 16 million who served in uniform, of whom more than 400,000 gave their lives.
It also honors the many millions who supported the war effort on the home front and celebrates the American spirit,
national unity, and victory. It recognizes the price paid by families.

A complete view of The WWII Memorial:

http://www.somewhereneartampabay.com/washington.html
Jet,

History was never a subject that I enjoyed particularly because it's difficult reading. Thanks for presenting it visually. It really brings it to life for me and so many others.
The Following User Says Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #107
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

YOU DID NOT BEAR THE SHAME.
YOU RESISTED SACRIFICING YOUR LIFE FOR FREEDOM, JUSTICE AND HONOR.

THE GERMAN RESISTANCE MEMORIAL, BERLIN
Old 06-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #108
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Great Escape veteran dies at 97

Associated Press
LONDON – A survivor of the Great Escape plot by Allied prisoners in a German prison in World War II has died. His family said Jack Harrison died Friday at age 97 at Erskine veterans' home in Bishopton, Scotland. Harrison was a Royal Air Force pilot who was shot down and captured on his first mission in 1942.

He was part of the plot to escape from Stalag Luft III in 1944, retold in the film "The Great Escape." However, he was not among the 76 who broke out. Harrison was 98th on the list to go, but guards detected the 77th escape. Of the 76 who escaped, only three got to safety. Fifty were executed on Adolf Hitler's orders, and 23 others were returned to custody
Old 06-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #109
IttyBittyFem

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
No thank you.

IttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

I went to the VFW in honor of the battles at Normandy. I am so overwhelmed with pride of those men who fought on the beaches.

Today is also the anniversary of Midway.
What a lovely rememberance Andrew. Did you think of my heroic Daddy while acknowledging the Invasion of Normandy? (I know, silly question, however, I'm soooooooooooooo dang proud of historical contribution to the U.S. with his Invasion plans being accepted by the President himself and carried out.)

By the way, your nephew is in my prayers. Do you know exactly where he is?
IttyBittyFem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IttyBittyFem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 07:37 AM   #110
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Presenting The Fighting Sullivans as they should be remembered.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #111
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

WAVE aircraft mechanic turns the propellor of an SNJ 1943

Old 06-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #112
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Old 06-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #113
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

bump...........
Old 06-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #114
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Old 06-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #115
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #116
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Old 06-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #117
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Other WWII stories

My maternal Aunt's husband was a member of the elite group of men who trained in secret in Colorado, developing skills to fight the enemy in snow, (skiing) they wore all white, I'm embarrassed to say that I cannot recall the name of this elite group of fighting men, if any of his records are recovered this year, (after litigation) i will share more of his and his comrades stories.

Perhaps Jet, you know of those i speak? There is a web site somewhere that describes their fighting techniques..... wish i had bookmarked it....
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #118
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Ittybittyfemme,

My nephew is or was in Germany. Thank you for your prayers.

Oh the men I met from the invasion of Normandy...they bring tears to my eyes. The stories they have shared with me just make me so very proud to be an American. You can better believe that I thought of your father whenever I am in their presence.

When I go to DC to the WW2 Monument, I always place flowers where the men want me to. I try to hit all four sides of the monument (the Atlantic, Pacific, and so on). They have such pride when they are there. The one thing that they don't like is the cement block that the last Bush signed. I have to agree with them on that.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #119
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Final version.
Page design and graphics, Jet.
Dedicated to the more than 2,000 who lost their lives.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #120
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The FULL United States Marine Corps Band, Orchestra and Chorus

The "Old Breed", in grand and glorious style!!!!

The United States Marines of 1942:

This is the stuff legends are made of.

Semper Fidelis,
~Theo~