Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #21
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

there is one thing I cannot do right now is forgive my most recent ex or even some ex's from years ago.... most of them hurt me very badly and I dont think they deserve to be forgiven right now......... most of them are decent people who I am still good friends with and some are just nasty and lie to much.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #22
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer remaining friends, unless they were really toxic, but as a rule, If I have loved you, even if the scope of that love has changed, I still love you, so why not be friends. Life is short and one can never have too many friends.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #23
Brewcityboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans/queer/lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she, whatever. Who cares? Just don't be mean.
Relationship Status:
Bitten by the love bug. :)

Brewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST ReputationBrewcityboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn View Post
I prefer remaining friends, unless they were really toxic, but as a rule, If I have loved you, even if the scope of that love has changed, I still love you, so why not be friends. Life is short and one can never have too many friends.
hell yes! Thats so far my favorite post of the day!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I tend to not be friends with my exes. I have one or two that I may connect with from time to time, but not to really cultivate a friendship.

I hear others say that they obviously liked enough things in the person to date them, so why not be friends with them? I guess for me, I see it as being able to find other friends to meet those same needs/have similar characteristics that I enjoy.

Additionally, I think that it is important to have space and distance after a relationship ends so that both parties can heal. When I have ended with people I have also found it to be the most kind approach to be honest, as I think that the one on the receiving end of the breakup has a harder time letting go if contact continues.

I suppose after that I could reconnect, I just tend to choose not too. It can add difficulties in any new relationship you may have (in some cases), and I guess it is just not worth it to me?

In reading this over it seems kind of harsh or that I can just cut off feelings for others that I have dated. That is not true, I still have warm feelings in my heart for many of my exes. I guess I see losing the friendship as kind of a side effect of ending a relationship.

I have never had a nasty breakup, so that does not enter into my decision to not have friendships with exes.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #25
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have discovered that time is the magic wand. I can pray. I can do therapy. I can sit in AA meetings, confessionals, do 4th, 5th, 6th, ,,8, 9 steps, take revenge, do more steps, move on, fail at more relationships, hunker down, sit celibate, pout, turn green, then blue, go straight, turn right, then left, go back, stop. Find myself. stop running. just sit there. Be. Wait. Let it happen. oh there it is. Forgiveness. Of me.

everything else follows suit...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #26
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I'm kind of with Dapper on this one. Except for
prolonged and protracted disengagements, my
contact with exes is limited.

I can be cordial in a social situation we might both be part of,
or acknowledge life events but I don't seek interaction or involvement
beyond that which might happen by accident.

Making peace, to me, is a part of healing. But the healing is not
between us but within each of us. A part of them will always be
a part of me, and their presence in my life will have helped me
become who I am.

But, to me, moving on means letting go of the past and looking
toward the future.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #27
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

I'm kind of with Dapper on this one. Except for
prolonged and protracted disengagements, my
contact with exes is limited.

I can be cordial in a social situation we might both be part of,
or acknowledge life events but I don't seek interaction or involvement
beyond that which might happen by accident.

Making peace, to me, is a part of healing. But the healing is not
between us but within each of us.

That last sentence is an excellent way to put it.

A part of them will always be a part of me, and their presence in my life will have helped me
become who I am.

Absolutely.

But, to me, moving on means letting go of the past and looking
toward the future.

Yes, that is how I see it too (however, I wouldn't say as a general rule that being a friend with an ex means you are not "moving on", but yes, I get what you are saying and that is the end that I am on)
----------------------

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #28
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
----------------------
what does this mean?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #29
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

I would so like to say I did too many drugs when i was younger but really, it was just a stupid moment for me...lol...thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Softness -- Dapper responded in red inside Kobi's post, then had to do ---------------------- so it would post. Otherwise, there is a message that you have too few characters

The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #30
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Im so glad I was able to part friends with most of my ex's... I really enjoy their friendships more than I did the relationship...
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #31
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I'm very amicable with my childrens' father. I respect him deeply and he's a great guy. It's just that obviously, I wasn't able to love him in all ways that a woman loves a man.

Another "ex"-I say "ex", because we talked about a relationship and were intimate, but in the end decided that neither of us were in a good place to be in one. She and I are great friends to this day. There was no animosity, just lousy timing.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #32
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I've been good friends/friends or amicable/friend-ly rather than friends with many ex's.

I've also had an ex that even though she pulled some unbelievable crap, I still care about her and hope she's doing well - though I can't be around her cause she still pulls the occasional crazy-making insanity. She's mostly good but it affects not just me but about three other people and it's just not a thing I want people to have to cope with - I don't want to feed into it.*

some ex's, I'm hiya, how are ya even though I couldn't really care less but I'll be polite cause I can't be arsed to be arsed. If that makes sense. *

and there's probably about two that if they are in the vicinity I would leave or hope they self destructed on the spot. And I actually mean that. They are severely screwed up narcissistic oxygen sink holes that the planet would be better off without. Not only do I feel they treat even the air around them like servile shit, their personalities grate on me. Listening to them talk "ME ME ME oh and another thing about ME is my ME ME!! HA HA HA Aren't I just so ME!!" in the same site/room/event is really difficult unless they are very very far away from me and I don't have to have their winey loud seagul squeal harping away cawing for attention in the background. *

granted, I have a couple ex friends I feel like that about as well. They got on my nerves too much. now when I hear them at a dance/event/club it's like a dry steel wheel scraping against a bracket. mn. yeah. that's sexy. *ear plugs* -*

* notes that these people are not on this site. I have harvested people in person, you know.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #33
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation

Time is the key,Time heals,Time allows a romantic intimate relationship evolve into a freindship. We should allow time to do its job.
My two cents.
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sweet_Amor_Taino For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #34
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

The most significant relationship I had, barring my present one, was my marriage to my former husband. We were together for 23 years, and now continue to co-parent our children. I'd hoped we would be friends. We said we would, for all the reasons mentioned above. But, it turns out that the resentments are too deep and neither one of us seems to find any compelling reasons to nurture a true friendship. We are cordial as we can muster for the sake of our kids, and our own sanity, but we aren't friends. I may have loved him for all those years, but I find that I don't like him very much and realize that I don't have much respect for him. Sometimes this disappoints me deeply.

I'm friends with some exes, not so much with others. Having a personal value to remain friends with an ex is not something I aspire to. If I can develop a true friendship, then that's great. But, if not, then it wasn't meant to be. Sometimes whatever brought us together in the first place isn't enough to sustain a friendship when things go sour.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #35
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

some time ago an ex and i made peace...i am so glad that we did. i was struggling with addiction when we
were together. my using was too much for her. when i got clean a few years ago we reconnected. today we
are very close friends who love each other. we have found our love for each other is very strong. it isn't
romantic love but the kind of love that dear friends share. i am so grateful for what we have.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #36
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

I only have contact with one of my ex's..despite all the hard feelings and hurt,,to all my ex's I wish you well and hope you find your own idea of happiness..life goes on,,and so should we..
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #37
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

after having said all of the above, I need to also state I keep a small straw and tiny darts in my make up bag in my purse.

I have excellent aim...

Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #38
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

I am friends with all my exes. It hasn't always been an easy road to that friendship, but it happened. I believe that you don't stop loving someone just because you stop sleeping with them or you can't cohabit with them. There was something that drew you to that person to begin with and for me, as long as I knew in my heart they were good people inside, that was what mattered.
I think exes are a problem for a lot of folks. You either hate them or love them and sometimes have to explain to your new significant others why you are still friends with them. I have never let other people's insecurities influence my friendships with exes or anyone else for that matter.
I live with my first ex. Five years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer and had to stop working for a long period, she had me come to live with her. She paid my bills and the truck note I had just acquired for over a year until I was able to return to work. During our relationship, we had fought like cats and dogs, but time settled a lot of that down and she stepped up to the plate even though she didnt have to. While there are times she still drives me crazy, I would never abandon her as a friend. Whenever I meet someone I always have to explain that situation to them and watch the eyebrows go up at the mention of living with your ex.
My second ex left me for a man. We had lived together several years and it was a painful breakup for me. I stayed angry for more than a few years about it, but finally let go of all those hate feelings. I have visited her and her husband and found in some ways I liked him in spite of myself. She and I stay in touch.
My latest ex and I are working through the friendship angle. I feel that since we were friends before and during the time we slept together, that the basis for friendship is already there and it should not have to disappear just because our relationship status has changed. It's not that you have to spend time with these people, but you don't have to purge them out of your life either, unless they have done something really rotten to you. I used to be pretty vindictive about people that hurt me, but I have learned to forgive. Sometimes that forgiveness doesn't come right away, but eventually it does when I know they are good people at heart. I also take responsibility for my part in whatever caused the split, a feat some folks are incapable of doing.
I know I am loved by these women, even though we may not have a close relationship anymore. When I have been sick or in the hospital, they have come to see me or the phone calls increase, so I know they care. Having someone in your life that does care is half the battle, ex or not.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 AM   #39
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I'm friends with some exes and not others. I've had many relationships, not all of them healthy. I think I've often mistaken intensity and possessiveness, for love and lust. When it's time to look back and reflect, I've realised I was unhappy for a reason, that there was nothing in that relationship that would make a friendship desirable.

Another obstacle in my way is that I haven't lived in the same city as an ex (who I was talking to) for many years. I have a few exes that I would very much like to stay in touch with, unfortunately we all live many miles from each other. Instead we occasionally [like] each other on Facebook.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #40
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It is five years ago today, that Rachel (my ex) killed herself.
We made peace with one another before she died.

I am so grateful we had the opportunity to make our peace - Otherwise, I might not have been able to forgive her or she might not have forgiven me and then what? We never would have had the chance and the healing.

We said I love you to one another the day before she died. I still feel guilty for not knowing. But you know, she knew she was loved at least by me - before she died. She might not have known. I know she loved me.

I love you Rachel ~ Be at Peace

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote