Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #81
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

This is Travis Barker's remix and this version is major kick ass, because of the drums and guitar. I blast the shit out of this. The louder the better. As most folks know, those 2 instruments are close to my

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg4kkP5YltI"]YouTube- Umbrella-Rihanna (Travis Barker) Remix video[/ame]:
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #82
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
YAY I Won!!!
Yeah, our frames of reference for "hard rock" are very different. But thanks for the historic info, I had forgotten all about Fanny. That's so cool that you have one of their 45's. Have you ever had opportunity to listen to one of their albums? I haven't. Nor the GTO's.
One time years ago I spent hours sorting through boxes of "one-dollar" albums and found a mint copy of the GTOs. Unfortunately the jerk-off who owned the store decided to refuse to sell it to me because he "didn't realize he had it". Uh, yeah, that's what dollar boxes of records in used record stores are for, jackass, finding a gem. I never went back.
Hope he enjoyed his record. He lost a TON of business over it and must have pissed off a lot of collectors because he soon went out of business. The landlord kept his stock in leu of rent and probably sold it en mass at auction.
Bad karma!
So I get a Fanny album as a prize, right???
ha!
So, what is your "point of reference"? I suppose we all "categorize" in our own dividual ways. I started REALLY listening to music at age five. Which would be 1962. So, I initially listened to mostly '50's music then - some '40's I'm sure. And then followed right on through the 60's, 70's and into the early 80's - where I then took somewhat of a "hiatus".

But, during these decades there was soft rock, (pop), hard rock, southern rock, country rock, heavy metal rock, GRUNGE, and then what I refer to as the "Flocking Seagulls" electronic era moving in during the eighties.

From 1970 on things with regards to women rockers radically changed from year to year. Although there were front women rock singers, such as Janis Joplin and Gracie Slick in the 60's... which one was consider bluesy and the other psychedelic...

The band GTO's (to me) was way a head of it's time, but, reminds me of female valley girl music, with a light punk twist. But, if you had Zappa as your buddy and stayed with him... (?) Anything was possible. The band with Kelly Johnson you posted was incredible guitar rock, but you'll notice that in the video she has a "Heart" band t-shirt on. (I think that is what it is.)

Heart was popular from the mid-70's on... until folks had major issues with Ann Wilson's weight. (Marketing, promoting female sexuality.) Which was a fucking shame - with all of that talent. They actually turned to Nancy Wilson "sexually" during this time and they became corporate victims to what they believed in musically. (This they know and state themselves.)

Fanny was from '70 - '75. The "Runnaways were from '75 or so to 1980. Joan Jett broke off from that band and her song "I Love Rock and Roll", wasn't until maybe 1982. Now, folks think she was the first heavy female rocker. She wasn't. Yes, she was the bad "tough ass" here at this time, when in fact others paved the way. (In fact twenty-something record labels at this time for solo Joan even DECLINED to sign HER on... and thus the "Blackheart" label was born because of who she was close to.)

My last trivia question is a woman who was in the early 70's who I believe was an earlier style to Joan... (I cannot speak for Joan, who her immediate mentors were when she was just a teenager or whatever age...) But, the one I am referring to was accepted abroad WAY before she was accepted here. WE were just fucked up here regarding women "rockers". The "feminists" movement was ROUGH here with regards to music and rock. But, this woman finally got some hits here (more later 70's now), and became popular for "another reason"...

Then the "glamour" rock started in the late 70's too and there was already "disco". Although bands like the Stones and such were still around, and Bruce, etc... I did not follow THAT MUSIC through the second half of the '80's much. But, I was living in N.Y.C. then and really caught up just in city life and all that has to offer. (Broadway, obscure performances, street musicians (I LOVED), etc...)

Alternative rock became wide open too during this time. (Not that is wasn't ALWAYS around in some form or another.) Things just were so wide open in the late 80's musically, and now is to this day.
___

So, yes... I have "Mother's Pride" album by Fanny. (I think still.) You'll take that over the new hybrid car that you had won...?! OK! No problem!!

WILDCAT!

*P.S. Sorry I got Scorp and you mixed up here in two of my posts. Plus, that BITES you didn't get that historical album for a dollar. (What did you DO? Tell him it was valuable?! Or did he "catch it" when you went to buy it?)

**Plus, just saw today you have a music thread about chair dancing? I want to check that out!
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #83
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
I love music! When I was a kid, I played piano, but I wasn't real good at it. I took up guitar and liked it but then decided I'd also like to try bass guitar. I fell in love! I learned how to play and I can play pretty well. I had 3 different bands ask me to play in their bands, but I either didn't like their band or didn't like the music they played. One had a terrible singer and I just couldn't play in a band where I couldn't stand to hear the singer, one was a country band and they played that whiney, twangy stuff I don't like, the 3rd we were actually working on getting an all gal band together but couldn't find a drummer, male or female. Then when I moved to Illinois it seemed I never got time to practice and ended up selling it. I miss my bass, a lot!
Thanks Mindy. I always LOVED the bass and wished I had learned to play that instrument. To me, it went hand in hand with the drumming for the rhythm/backbone of my style of preferred music to play. My good friend in high school played bass and we were always locked in together performing... just looking and smiling at each other during concerts.

I sold my drums. ONCE. I swore I would never do it again, and I won't - even if I am starving! I was living in Houston at the time, and got very ill and had to get the hell out of dodge in a hurry. (I actually bought the same exact set then later - from the same guy, who owned a music store around here and was a longtime friend of mine.)

I play a "little" keyboard, but wished I played much better and more often.

Ever think about getting another bass guitar?

WILDCAT

P.S. Almost bought a stand-up bass once - LOVE THAT in music!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #84
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default This is when...

I really fell in love with Chrissie's voice and energy/style...

There was another hit song on this album when it first came out, but this one really touched my sensitive side - and eventually became a hit and video too! YAY!!

I LOVE PRETTY rock chords together too!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyKp0iia6MM"]YouTube- The Pretenders - Kid[/ame]

Another older song of hers/The Pretenders that I really like:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGcn15ODltA"]YouTube- Pretenders - Stop Your Sobbing (1980)[/ame]

*Another trivia question: What other band played this second song here WAY back - like maybe from the 60's?

WILDCAT
Old 12-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #85
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Suzi, Suzi!

I just LOVE YA! (And had a "mini-crush" as a kid... or ID'd with ya somehow - or was simply super proud!? It does not even matter.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XI9WN1yW_o"]YouTube- Suzi Quatro - If you can't give me love 1978[/ame]

WILD
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #86
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0HhrwIwp0"]YouTube- Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire[/ame]

This video I like and the song too, the lyrics are highly odd though but the main reason I like the song is the beat to it, I am more of a country music fan but do listen to rock, hard rock and some metal, indie rap like ICP and Tech n9ne.
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #87
Mindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Single

Mindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST Reputation

I have always, always, loved Prince.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jBJD8_GiSM"]YouTube- Prince Perform His Latest Hit"Crimson and Clover"live on Ellen![/ame]

Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mindy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #88
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Hi Mindy,

Me too. This guy is a musical genius. I always like him. And the purple rain soundtrack is one of my faves. But as well all know, the movie was hideous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #89
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a music collector; I have about 80 years worth, meaning that it spans about 80 years. The earliest cuts are Helen Morgan and Fanny Brice. I still own some vinyl although most of my music is on CD now.

I have rare white, burgandy and gold vinyl. I also have bright red vinyl in the shape of a heart; it's a Motown cut of "Pops WE Love You" dedicated to Barry Gordy.

I've been collecting since I was 15. My mother was a singer so I learned a lot early on. Music is my first love and main hobby.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #90
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I love records, the sound of the needle dropping, the background noise, the level of sound.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #91
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcDNilZbZg8"]YouTube- U2 - Get On Your Boots - OFFICIAL PROMO[/ame]
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #92
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

In my folks storage unit sits my grandparents big ass record player, 8 track player, etc. table.

They do have some old records and 8 tracks stored away, I hope in due time I will inherit this, I miss the sounds that used to come out of that big machine during the holidays and watching my grandparents dance and sing along.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #93
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Default Wanda Jackson

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0uq1vNHIUI"]YouTube- WANDA JACKSON[/ame]

Me and grandpas fave rockabilly singer
The Following User Says Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #94
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default CCR!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJe5sMBpnNY"]YouTube- Creedence Clearwater Revival-Suzie Q[/ame]

One of the first songs I learned on a "real" drumset. (Not the ones I had built)

BUT, interesting (well, for any rhythm folks maybe?) that my first early kid sets were with a bass that I had constructed, but had no foot peddle to play, so I FIT IT IN MANUALLY - via hand/arm work within a song. (i.e. I was ALL over the damn place! LOL!!)

Once I got a REAL set at age 12 (or 13?) I had to learn to use the high-hat and bass - left and right feet. Wasn't real hard though, as my feet and legs apparently moved all over the place right along!

WHAT is "significant" about this song - and which for what reason I believe HELPED me at this time... was/IS that the BASS DRUM BEAT is on the "off-beat", (the up, not the down)! Now, isn't that just COOL!!!

I love it anyway!

ENJOY!

WILD
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #95
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

My first job was with an orchestra leader at 15. Then I went into radio at 17 and had mentor who taught me about the big bands. From then on I collect a lot of big band swing and jazz mixed with mainstream genres.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #96
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Christmas morning...

... at our house in the late 60's and early 70's. This is the first thing we heard - well Elvis, or The Ventures Christmas. My Dad always kicked off the morning by one of these two artists during these years. It was a "tradition". It was FUN!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0lq-Qqv8E"]YouTube- Elvis Presley Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me (Music Video)[/ame]

*And my father would "sing" and dance to this too! So, we all were upbeat to start the gift unwrapping! (I have this CD now.)

Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #97
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default And The Ventures Christmas!!

Hauntingly beautiful to me as a child:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAngoXIRZ5E"]YouTube- The Ventures Silver Bells[/ame]

And the upbeat, fun songs:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CyZmIs5T8Q"]YouTube- Xmas Album[/ame]

(This is the album we had - well, I "still" have it. I stole it from my parents... when they were going outwest for winters and I missed them!)

ETA: Sorry the photo's keep repeating here. I just watched the first time through and then only listened to the music and remembered things - and didn't notice anymore! (OK, I might have been dancing.) SMILE... This is one whole side of that album. Songs were all only about two minutes then. I think it's a good mix here!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #98
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

favorite song ever is
My Buddy

I have about 6 versions, Dinah Shore with Andre Previn is my favorite
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #99
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
So, what is your "point of reference"? I suppose we all "categorize" in our own dividual ways. I started REALLY listening to music at age five. Which would be 1962. So, I initially listened to mostly '50's music then - some '40's I'm sure. And then followed right on through the 60's, 70's and into the early 80's - where I then took somewhat of a "hiatus".
I guess my point of reference for "hard rock" would begin with Sabbath, maybe Zeppelin...

But, during these decades there was soft rock, (pop), hard rock, southern rock, country rock, heavy metal rock, GRUNGE, and then what I refer to as the "Flocking Seagulls" electronic era moving in during the eighties.

From 1970 on things with regards to women rockers radically changed from year to year. Although there were front women rock singers, such as Janis Joplin and Gracie Slick in the 60's... which one was consider bluesy and the other psychedelic...

The band GTO's (to me) was way a head of it's time, but, reminds me of female valley girl music, with a light punk twist. But, if you had Zappa as your buddy and stayed with him... (?) Anything was possible. The band with Kelly Johnson you posted was incredible guitar rock, but you'll notice that in the video she has a "Heart" band t-shirt on. (I think that is what it is.)
Oh, I agree the GTO's were pretty talentless, but they did make a pretty big cultural impact at the time? But they were just Zappa groupies, for sure. Historically significant fluff.

Heart was popular from the mid-70's on... until folks had major issues with Ann Wilson's weight. (Marketing, promoting female sexuality.) Which was a fucking shame - with all of that talent. They actually turned to Nancy Wilson "sexually" during this time and they became corporate victims to what they believed in musically. (This they know and state themselves.)

Fanny was from '70 - '75. The "Runnaways were from '75 or so to 1980. Joan Jett broke off from that band and her song "I Love Rock and Roll", wasn't until maybe 1982. Now, folks think she was the first heavy female rocker. She wasn't. Yes, she was the bad "tough ass" here at this time, when in fact others paved the way. (In fact twenty-something record labels at this time for solo Joan even DECLINED to sign HER on... and thus the "Blackheart" label was born because of who she was close to.)
Girlschool predates the Runaways and was much more successful and well-known, probably in every country but the U.S.
They were serious players, wildly talented and had a long career playing stadiums. The reason Kelly Johnson was wearing a Heart Tshirt was because that video had excerpts from her entire 30 year career. GIRLSCHOOL ROCKS

My last trivia question is a woman who was in the early 70's who I believe was an earlier style to Joan... You don't mean Suzi Quatro do you? (I cannot speak for Joan, who her immediate mentors were when she was just a teenager or whatever age...) But, the one I am referring to was accepted abroad WAY before she was accepted here. WE were just fucked up here regarding women "rockers". So true! The "feminists" movement was ROUGH here with regards to music and rock. But, this woman finally got some hits here (more later 70's now), and became popular for "another reason"...

Then the "glamour" rock started in the late 70's too and there was already "disco". Although bands like the Stones and such were still around, and Bruce, etc... I did not follow THAT MUSIC through the second half of the '80's much. But, I was living in N.Y.C. then and really caught up just in city life and all that has to offer. (Broadway, obscure performances, street musicians (I LOVED), etc...)

Alternative rock became wide open too during this time. (Not that is wasn't ALWAYS around in some form or another.) Things just were so wide open in the late 80's musically, and now is to this day.
___

So, yes... I have "Mother's Pride" album by Fanny. (I think still.) You'll take that over the new hybrid car that you had won...?! OK! No problem!!
Ha- I'll sell the car and buy all the albums I want! *insert maniacal laugh smilie*

WILDCAT!

*P.S. Sorry I got Scorp and you mixed up here in two of my posts. Plus, that BITES you didn't get that historical album for a dollar. (What did you DO? Tell him it was valuable?! Or did he "catch it" when you went to buy it?)Lord no, I did not tell him it was a good find, he figured it out...bastid.

**Plus, just saw today you have a music thread about chair dancing? I want to check that out! Enjoy! It's a silly thread of fun (?) nonsense
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to your post I was offline for a few days...have a great evening.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #100
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Yeah, there is a fine line in my mind, thinking back now between HARD ROCK and "HEAVY METAL/HARD ROCK".

I felt "at the time" that Black Sabbath and Deep Purple were heavy rock, heavy early metal - due to the heavy bass and lead guitar sounds. Like Iron Man and Smoke on the Water.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f7LwuVF8Oo"]YouTube- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water w/ lyrics[/ame]

Heavy rock, was Led Zepplin and The Who... also because they did various styles of music as well. (And, like Ted Nudgent "hard" rock, Metallica = HEAVY METAL rock!!) Personal tastes for some, but they were categorized by music critics... having to come up with new descriptions, like "grunge rock".

But, really thinking back now, the first heavy rock for me was Grand Funk Railroad. I didn't consider it then, but heard it "first", before any of the others. I guess I just thought "wow, what the HELL is this music"?! I was really excited. I didn't know what it was called.

Three band members only and I never saw anyone again jam like that until ZZTOP came along later as a three piece gig. (Whole different style there, I know.) Again, everything happened boom, bang - so quick from year to year throughout the 70's.

Here is Grand Funk Railroad in '69!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x6chChxzV0"]YouTube- Grand Funk Railroad - Inside Looking Out 1969[/ame]

My brother had this album and I fed off of the drummer here first as rocking for myself. I loved their bass sound, very distinct. (I believe later someone here became just Grand Funk - and some bands went into a more commericial for the times sound, ex: Locomotion, We're an American Band by Grand Funk. NOT the same as their early stuff, which disbanded really - from the original sound anyway. They were advanced I believe to start off with.)

I'll have to read up on them more. It's been awhile. To see who went where. Everyone generally went somewhere. It's fascinating to me who is from earlier bands that we didn't know of. Like Graham Nash (of Crosby, Stills, and Nash - and later YOUNG), was really from the early Hollies group, David Crosby was for the Yardbirds: song Turn, Turn, Turn, Stephen Stills from early Buffalo Springfield.

Eric Clapton from Derrick and the Dominoes and Cream, (think I have these right) etc...
__

I agree the first all girl band is incredibly significant in the history of music. Just wasn't the rock question, first major label. (But, you knew that one too!) I also agree that GirlSchool rocked more heavily and that Kelly Johnson was ahead of her time women guitarist... more like a VanHalen-isque. I thought that clip was from the mid to late 70's though, for the haircut and Heart t-shirt, (where Heart hit their bomb in mid-70's). So, I would agree with you, probably the first hardest rock all female group.

Fanny just had it's own historical significance. And most don't know of them and somebody had to do it. They were treated like shit at first. And their hits were of the lighter rock, less HEAVY type of songs. That says something, doesn't it?

More to follow!

WILDCAT

*Sorry for typo's and all, up all night again!!