Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 12-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #101
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default DEDICATION!!!

GO GEORGE LOPEZ on "Lopez Tonight"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you, this night show is LONG overdue. Hey, we grew up with Johnny Carson owning late night TV - and then Dave L. and Jay L. (Goodness.) This new show is so biting and wild, HISTORY IN THE MAKING!!

And I'm always proud and amazed when the "art" community comes together for support. Every top musician, actor/actress, comedian, etc... IS COMPLETELY BACKING THIS SHOW!!

I feel very proud about it. We had Oprah for the daytime - which is so historical, and then that queer Ellen (also daytime), but George is at night. He has more freedom with the TBS channel than a "regular prime DAYtime" network... (and kudos to Turner for this). So he is also using this platform politcally, which I believe is a very necessary need, AND will help everyone all in all to be more tolerant!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8mZdSq4MTs"]YouTube- lowrider - W.A.R.[/ame]

Anyway, George has used this song as his theme song since opening night - and I think it is PERFECT!!!

The guy "George" too, (I think...?) running the show band, is the man who last worked with Michael Jackson for his show that he unfortunatly did NOT get to do. But, this man had worked with many famous singer/dancers. (I'm thinking J-Lo, etc... but, I could be wrong there.)

I probably shouldn't write things here without factual background, huh? BUT I LOVE GUESSING TO SEE IF I WAS RIGHT - with musical trivia. I am welcome always to stand corrected though! (And it's nice to know if my brain is working right at times!!)

ANYWAY, GO GEORGE!!!!
ROCK ON BRO!!!!!!!!

I'm serious, he is SO GOOD at this... and I'm loving a new "diversity" of audience!!!!!!!!!!! OMGoodness, so long over due!

WILD

*P.S. IMPORTANT: Obama backed George on this show promo and George is HOSTING the annual X-Mas show tonight for the White House. DARN COOL and special that is!!!!!!!! (Be there!!)
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:21 AM   #102
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Yeah, there is a fine line in my mind, thinking back now between HARD ROCK and "HEAVY METAL/HARD ROCK".

I felt "at the time" that Black Sabbath and Deep Purple were heavy rock, heavy early metal - due to the heavy bass and lead guitar sounds. Like Iron Man and Smoke on the Water.oh yeah, deep purple, for sure. always loved their version of "river deep, mountain high".

Heavy rock, was Led Zepplin and The Who... also because they did various styles of music as well. (And, like Ted Nudgent "hard" rock, Metallica = HEAVY METAL rock!!) Personal tastes for some, but they were categorized by music critics... having to come up with new descriptions, like "grunge rock".

But, really thinking back now, the first heavy rock for me was Grand Funk Railroad. I didn't consider it then, but heard it "first", before any of the others. I guess I just thought "wow, what the HELL is this music"?! I was really excited. I didn't know what it was called.
Cool. my first live concert in memory was blood, sweat and tears. and my mind was blown!
Three band members only and I never saw anyone again jam like that until ZZTOP came along later as a three piece gig. (Whole different style there, I know.) Again, everything happened boom, bang - so quick from year to year throughout the 70's.

Here is Grand Funk Railroad in '69!

My brother had this album and I fed off of the drummer here first as rocking for myself. I loved their bass sound, very distinct. (I believe later someone here became just Grand Funk - and some bands went into a more commericial for the times sound, ex: Locomotion, We're an American Band by Grand Funk. NOT the same as their early stuff, which disbanded really - from the original sound anyway. They were advanced I believe to start off with.)

I'll have to read up on them more. It's been awhile. To see who went where. Everyone generally went somewhere. It's fascinating to me who is from earlier bands that we didn't know of. Like Graham Nash (of Crosby, Stills, and Nash - and later YOUNG), was really from the early Hollies group, David Crosby was for the Yardbirds: song Turn, Turn, Turn, Stephen Stills from early Buffalo Springfield.

Eric Clapton from Derrick and the Dominoes and Cream, (think I have these right) etc...
__

I agree the first all girl band is incredibly significant in the history of music. Just wasn't the rock question, first major label. (But, you knew that one too!) I also agree that GirlSchool rocked more heavily and that Kelly Johnson was ahead of her time women guitarist... more like a VanHalen-isque. I thought that clip was from the mid to late 70's though, for the haircut and Heart t-shirt, (where Heart hit their bomb in mid-70's). So, I would agree with you, probably the first hardest rock all female group.

Fanny just had it's own historical significance. And most don't know of them and somebody had to do it. They were treated like shit at first. And their hits were of the lighter rock, less HEAVY type of songs. That says something, doesn't it?They are totally cool and slightly "before my time". So glad you posted about them!

More to follow!
Keep up the good work!

WILDCAT

*Sorry for typo's and all, up all night again!!
and me with no capitals! been in chat too long-lol.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV0xBbVx6i8"]YouTube- Deep Purple River Deep, Mountain High Live Usa 1968[/ame]
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #103
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default OH MY GOODNESS!!!

I was WAY TOO "ROMANTIC", ahead of my time:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np5VvHx-1T4"]YouTube- I'M GONNA LOVE YOU, JUST A LITTLE MORE BABY - BARRY WHITE[/nomedia]

*I had this 45 record and played and played it, over and over - I'm so lucky my parents handled me like they did!

*WC
Old 12-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #104
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFHBQ3LMP4Q"]YouTube- mean mean man[/ame]

another Wanda Jackson song, I need to do some more research and see who is the first ever rockabilly female singer...
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #105
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default The Supremes

Beautiful song. And nothing could keep me, keep me from you:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph5iadqH3Eg"]YouTube- Ain't No Mountain High Enough By Diana Ross & The Supremes[/ame]

___

No, Phil Collins didn't sing this first!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZVRwHrCTp8"]YouTube- You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes RVSD0001[/ame]

__

And the 45 record of theirs that I liked drumming to, it was like a "nice, steady, easy, comforting jog"... very soothing and relaxing. (Except I was able to really crank up the bass on this, which is the best part IMO!)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z47xJhnEOVI"]YouTube- The Supremes: Come See About Me w/ Lyrics[/ame]

WC
Old 12-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #106
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default WICKED GAME...

I think this is one of the most sensous and sexiest songs and videos ever:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oaHHrNQVrg"]YouTube- WICKED GAME [HD] Chris Isaak[/ame]

Arghh, arghh!!

WC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #107
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Good song...

... for holiday time, and folks starting to get "riled" up here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtUMa0FtuWY"]YouTube- Marvin Gaye - What's going on[/ame]

PEACE AND LOVE

The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #108
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trying to keep in the spirit of things....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddVZOK_9UUI"]YouTube- White Christmas Cartoon Song[/ame]

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #109
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Remember when we were right?
God threw his darts at stars in the night.
I had a kite,
You had a trampoline and a BMX bike
You didn't even like.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPFQXVXTx4"]YouTube- Straight Lines *OFFICIAL VIDEO* by dawn Landes[/ame]

Remember when we held hands?
Red rover and marching band,
You had a tan
Staying outside that long's gonna make you a man.
Never going back, never going back again
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #110
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

This is my favorite song for a jam session with me on piano.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s241AsgUGR8"]YouTube- Samba Magic - Basement Jaxx (high quality)[/ame]
Old 12-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #111
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default We all make mistakes.

I'm a young soul
In this very strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout what is true and fake
But why all this hate?
Try to communicate
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgEfYGzojcA"]YouTube- Yael Naim new soul[/ame]

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 04:24 AM   #112
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Oh, my... GOODNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
After being [only] gone for a day and a half - I must say that THIS POST is the friggin' FUNNIEST answers to where "I WAS"!?

Thank you so much! I really love a great sense of humor, and I get yours, "New Jersey"! You are so appreciated by me right now!!

I smiled ALL through this song - and FINALLY felt like I had friggin' X-Mas!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! (It's only the 27th!)

Wildcat

P.S. Many of you are so wonderfully supportive and understanding... THANK YOU too. (Just what the doctor ordered.)
Old 12-27-2009, 04:39 AM   #113
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
Remember when we were right?
God threw his darts at stars in the night.
I had a kite,
You had a trampoline and a BMX bike
You didn't even like.

YouTube- Straight Lines *OFFICIAL VIDEO* by dawn Landes

Remember when we held hands?
Red rover and marching band,
You had a tan
Staying outside that long's gonna make you a man.
Never going back, never going back again
OMGoodness Selenay!

I absolutely LOVED this!!! I am so full of emotion - I cannot even express right now!

You share some darn good "love" here girl! Thank you!

And yes, I "did remember" when I was young - SO considerate of you to think of that!

WILDCAT
Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #114
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default DUCHESS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
This is my favorite song for a jam session with me on piano.

YouTube- Samba Magic - Basement Jaxx (high quality)
I could SO feel you here! Is this the song (or version) that you would "jam" with at home - or wherever... or are you actually IN this recording?

This is "SO SMOOTH CLASSY" YOU!!! I can totally see and feel it! (Very clean it is!! Musical terms, OF COURSE!!)

Thanks!

WILDCAT
Old 12-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #115
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation

I'd like to make myself believe
That the planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems
When I fall asleep ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHfWWkIugB8"]YouTube- Owl City - Fireflies [DJ Strobe Remix][/ame]
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bootboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #116
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
I could SO feel you here! Is this the song (or version) that you would "jam" with at home - or wherever... or are you actually IN this recording?

This is "SO SMOOTH CLASSY" YOU!!! I can totally see and feel it! (Very clean it is!! Musical terms, OF COURSE!!)

Thanks!

WILDCAT
Not me in this recording, but I'm just as good..
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #117
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQx-uBnwyvQ"]YouTube- Jason Aldean - The Truth - Official Video HD[/ame]
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #118
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8xrltRdS2k"]YouTube- Sex and the City Soundtrack 02. Jennifer Hudson - All Dressed In Love[/ame]

Now if you really want one of your own
I hope your shoes are made for walking
Cuz I found love.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #119
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

The sky it was gold, it was rose,
I was taking sips of it through my nose,
And I wish I could get back there,
Some place back there,
Smiling in the pictures you would take.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh5_Wdd80lE"]YouTube- Third Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Life[/ame]

I believe in the sand beneath my toes,
The beach gives a feeling,
An earthy feeling,
I believe in the faith that grows,
And the four right chords can make me cry,
When I'm with you I feel like I could die,
And that would be all right.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #120
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Announcements and such...

The John F. Kennedy (Center for the Performing Arts) Awards is honoring Bruce Springsteen tomorrow night (Tues.,televised), along with Mel Brooks and Robert DeNiro as well. So, you Bruce fans...

Did anyone see the Barbara Walters show on the Ten Most Fascinating People of 2009? She stated that only one criteria HAD to be included for her annual list - that the person must be alive. Michael Jackson is the first person to make that list as someone who had passed away. (It was sad to me, but yet another accomplishment... if Babs opinion matters to anyone! I felt it was an honorable tribute for her to do this, "exception"...)

ALSO, Adam from American Idol made that top ten list!!! For you Adam fans... (!) He was on the Ellen show too talking about his very "raunchy perfomance" at the music awards show that had everyone chatting. (This is last month, I am way behind here folks.) He just smiled about it all, seemingly unfazed.
__

Chris, from American Idol has his new CD and band out now. If you liked his style, it is "him" all the way. I do believe these are his originals and of course we know from the show, that he loved doing his own arrangements.
__

Did anyone know Gracie Slick was REALLY into painting? I didn't...

Folks liking that Susan Boyle CD? I heard it is pretty good!

OK, that's all I got for right now. Still very sleep deprived here.

WILD

*Sorry if news is redundant from me here! I think I already mentioned something from this already...(?)