Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #381
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

For me it has been change in attitude.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #382
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Getting my raging mop cut and colored after almost 6 months is going to bring me a lot of peace tomorrow, lol.

I look afright!

Alternatively, meditation works wonders for me. Exercise; specifically walking outdoors is an excellent stress-buster. Prayer. And this might sound silly, but simple tasks help; for instance, focusing on cleaning or fixing something. Creative outlets, hobbies, etc; volunteering. (There's nothing better than helping out someone else in need to put your own problems into perspective!)

I find these all particularly helpful around this time of year.

lol, and there are lots of other things that make me feel peaceful too, but not anything I will be discussing here. :x

Last edited by Smiling; 12-21-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: A long drive in the convertible! And when I had a motorcycle, that was a great way to get zenned out fast, too.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #383
Nic

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FtM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I am her North and she is my Star.

Nic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST ReputationNic Has the BEST Reputation

Peace is the new pattern to my weekend.

A pair of my boxer briefs and some old sweater from the back of my closet become the sexiest lingerie on her. Faint threads of her perfume on my pillow when I settle into bed. She curls against me while she sleeps. I feel assaulted by a visceral response to the innocent warmth of her against me in the dark. I'm compelled to reach for her. Anticipation for the soft, sleepy sounds she makes as I wake her.

Laying in bed, awake, eyes closed, mentally tracing her steps through the house based on the sound and smells of her Sunday morning ritual - fire place first, espresso maker next. Sunday NYT thumping onto my chair; metal scoop digging into a bin of black sunflower seeds near the side door; the patter of them filling the feeders and being scattered across the ground. Door closing quickly against the cold. The chime of a spoon stirring milk into her coffee. Creak of the cedar chest hinges as she pulls out that ancient quilt my grandmother made.

Going downstairs quietly as I can. Hoping to catch sight of her settling into her new "habitat". I find her on the sun porch, wrapped up against the cold because the heat from the fire place rarely reaches back here. She cradles her favorite cup, a book left open by her side as she watches the Phoebes and Cardinals vie for the breakfast she left them. Her green eyes shift at the sound of me at the doorway. Some energy no one else gets to share slips away as I come into the room. She watches my face. Hesitation. She looks, waits, to see if some unwanted change has come to destroy this new world while she was sleeping. I make a silent promise, every time I see that look, that I won't ever sabotage her that way. Finding nothing to be afraid of she smiles that slow, crooked smile. Can't resist tugging her onto my lap, greedy for the warmth of her and the blanket. Kissing her until I'm ready to do something else. Maybe the day never progresses past this point. Who cares? It's Sunday. These are the sounds of our life - finally together.

"Trust is a verb."

Street Buddha
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #384
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm most at peace when I get into the zone,sorta like meditation,no matter what i'm doing being in the zone make it more intense, more calm ( I know crazy) more able to do things with stablity.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #385
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

Peace for me is very visual. i find looking out the window at nature refreshing. When i look into the eyes of my family i find peace. My heart bounces when i see them smile. When H takes me in Her arms and holds me and Her heart beat. i watch Her hand as She strokes my arm. i am at peace when the image before me is at peace.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #386
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Finishing a project . And enjoying my renovation.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #387
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

heavy rain outside, cosied up somewhere with a book and a cuppa

having all my bills and rent paid and feeling the ease of stress

full body 2 hour massage

accomplishing something I have on my list...

feeling loved
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2014, 06:27 AM   #388
Daktari

Prayer
Meditation
Step work
The 'right' people
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #389
AnAwkwardAccident

How Do You Identify?:
Trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Married

AnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST Reputation

Hiking in nature.
Snuggling with our dog.
Being near any natural body of water.
Disconnecting from technology.
AnAwkwardAccident is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AnAwkwardAccident For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #390
Diablo
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
HUMAN

Thanked 1,618 Times in 623 Posts
Diablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST Reputation

Thunderstorms
sunsets
mountains
cuddling with Pearl in the morning
reading a book by the lake
looking into her eyes
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diablo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #391
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

the mountains....

the ocean....

watching fireflies in the hayfield....

doing yoga...

Native American music....

the cello....

the silence of snow falling....
Old 07-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #392
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Peace

Hi,

my country home and land give me peace. I love walking the land and watching the wildlife. I need wide open spaces to feel peaceful.

Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #393
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Alone time in my house
watching my dogs sleep
meditation
and lately listening to kirtan music
Old 07-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #394
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Walking along the beach with the tide rolling in the evening while holding hands with your girl , whispering " sweet things" softly into her ear glancing every so often into her eyes , telling her your secrets and passions.....

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #395
AnAwkwardAccident

How Do You Identify?:
Trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Married

AnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST Reputation

Learning to let go.
AnAwkwardAccident is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AnAwkwardAccident For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #396
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Alone time and quiet time. I am requiring it more and more the older I get!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #397
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

meditation in the woods brings the deepest peace...
Old 02-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #398
Prudence

How Do You Identify?:
"congratulations, it's a girl"
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Thanked 1,179 Times in 363 Posts
Prudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST Reputation

Watching my son sleep. At that moment im at peace..cause I can see he's ok. Im not digging 17. And Im sure my sons keeping some of his lil exploits private. He's a kind young man but he is a 17 boy.
"There is a vitality, a life force, and energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique."---Martha Graham
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prudence For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #399
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

The sweet high of endorphins when I'm physically exhausted.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:51 PM   #400
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

the ocean
hot cocoa w/marshmallows
freedom
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: