genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Now Trending In Canuckistan: Tell Vic Everything re. Bill C-30

So our Public Safety Minister, Vic Toews (also one of those Tories in favour of scrapping the long-gun registry) tabled Bill C-30 earlier this week. Essentially it would give government agencies and law enforcement to tap people's internet and telecommunications without a warrant, which would maybe catch 1% of the bad guys and annoy 99% of everyone else.

What say you? Wouldn't that just... ugh, annoy you?

#TellVicEverything is taking flight on Twitter, and because I don't have Twitter, I e-mailed Mr Toews all about my day, what I plan to do with the rest of it and what sites I visited online.

http://www.globalnews.ca/tell+vic+toews/6442582391/story.html

A little bit of navel-gazing is fun now and then, and I flatter myself to think that some things I said may quirk that snowy-white 'stache of his into a little smile. My day has been good. I hope his is, as well, and that his inbox doesn't fill up too fast.
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #2142
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

I understand the new laws being proposed and enacted are designed by those pro-life people looking for ways to undermine a woman's right to an abortion. I understand their mind set is something along the lines of ....if only women saw the fetus as a living thing, they would change their minds. And an ultrasound, whether abdominal or transvaginal, is their feeble attempt to do this.

I also understand these idiotic requirements are meant to make the process more cumbersome and distasteful for both the woman seeking an abortion and the person providing the service.

The laws are meant and written to make an ultrasound as a required prerequisite for an abortion. They require not only the test but a visual and verbal description of the results. They require one to have the test in order to proceed with the procedure. If one doesnt consent to the requirements to have the procedure, the procedure, technically, would not be legally able to be performed.

I find it reprehensible for someone to use the law and the health care system to impose their morality and religious beliefs on another. It is one thing to have tests required prior to a procedure as a safety/precaution measure, and quite another to have them required as a morality check.

On the other hand, I also find it disturbing to see people call this "legal rape by a health care professional". It might be the word "rape" that is bothering me. Rape, to me, is a violent act of power. In this context, it brings up visions of women being tied down to gurneys while a transvaginal probe is being forcibly inserted into them. This vision stirs up the emotions but it is not what any law I have read says or implies.

To me, the laws have removed the woman's right to opt out of an ultrasound and the related explanations. It is saying, in order to do this procedure, this is what we are required to do by law. If you agree, we can proceed. If you do not, we cannot.

This is not the same as "legalizing rape by a health care professional". Nor is it the same as saying women do not have to consent. Doing any procedure for any reason without consent is assault and battery.

The Virginia law requires: a doctor to determine the gestational age and listen for a heartbeat. Not a heck of a lot of ways to do this and still be compliant with the law. The Virginia law also seeks to legislate a fertilized egg as a personhood with rights. Thats an entirely different matter.

As reprehensible as these laws may be, it is imperative, I think, to maintain a level head in the entire matter. These constant, repetitve legislative abuses to "legalize" their version of morality, whether it be in reproductive rights or gay marriage or anything else, are increasing at an alarming rate in the strangest of ways. It needs to be dealt with.

Do we have any info on what is being done to challenge these abuses of legislative power?
Well, yes, I see what you are saying. As of yet, the law does not require that a woman be tied down and vaginally probed. So it is not rape. But saying she has a choice is somewhat illusionary. To me the lack of a real option makes it an emotionally violent act of power against a woman by her government.

Realistically speaking the choice has been removed. Yes, a woman can opt out but it is not as simple as saying a woman really has a choice. It’s not like making a decision to have an abortion is something so frivolous and inconsequential that a woman will just decide against it because the law has made it too emotionally traumatic to go through with. It’s not like she’s going to say “oh well if I have to have a vaginal ultrasound accompanied by a visual and verbal description of the fetus forget it. The reasons I chose to go through with this procedure are so trivial that I’ll just give birth instead.” That is a highly unlikely scenario. So really there is no choice. Just more emotional pain during an already difficult time. Not to mention the extra financial burden.

That said I really do agree that we need to keep a level head and focus on the constant and repetitive attacks against individual freedoms that are being consistently perpetrated. A woman’s right to control her own body has been under heavy attack for several years now. The passing of the law in Virginia did not happen in a vacuum. The climate has been carefully cultivated as state after state has passed laws restricting abortion. The ultimate goal is clear.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #2143
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default What is WRONG with teachers nowadays?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D136368

I am starting to think that colleges and universities should start requiring psychological testing for all students applying for admission to an education program.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #2144
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

I am starting to think that colleges and universities should start requiring psychological testing for all students applying for admission to an education program.

I take offense to you generalizing all teachers with your headline

What's WRONG with Teachers nowadays.

My partner is a teacher and a damn fine one. I personally think you owe teachers an apology.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #2145
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

The use of all is in reference to students, not teachers.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #2146
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Dapper, did you mean to say teachers? Or, maybe you did mean students, and teachers? I personally don't think you were attempting to disparage all teachers by suggessting psychological testing. I think any profession that works with children, under 18 should be psychologically evaluated every few years.

This would not be exclusive to teachers. It could also include counselors, coaches, childcare. Maybe I am putting to much stock in psychological evaluation. It does seem that with the advent of the internet and supporting technology the public in general is made aware of so many of the crimes committed against kids.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #2147
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
The use of all is in reference to students, not teachers.

No it's about educators.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #2148
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post

No it's about educators.
What is your point? Students will become teachers? Lets start at students and then we won't have to worry so much about teachers. I think every teacher should be vetted, and find nothing offensive in that statement. I prefer children not be subjected to teachers who would abuse them.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #2149
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

I'm going to make one final statement and then I'm leaving this thread.

I am totally pissed off that anyone would suggest there needs to be any psychological testing for teachers or any other profession.

Do you all not recall how horrible it was for our community when we were considered to be crazy my the medical profession.

I'm done. I'm pissed and I am totally hurt that anyone in this community would dare to suggest something of this nature.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #2150
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
Well, yes, I see what you are saying. As of yet, the law does not require that a woman be tied down and vaginally probed. So it is not rape. But saying she has a choice is somewhat illusionary. To me the lack of a real option makes it an emotionally violent act of power against a woman by her government.

Realistically speaking the choice has been removed. Yes, a woman can opt out but it is not as simple as saying a woman really has a choice. It’s not like making a decision to have an abortion is something so frivolous and inconsequential that a woman will just decide against it because the law has made it too emotionally traumatic to go through with. It’s not like she’s going to say “oh well if I have to have a vaginal ultrasound accompanied by a visual and verbal description of the fetus forget it. The reasons I chose to go through with this procedure are so trivial that I’ll just give birth instead.” That is a highly unlikely scenario. So really there is no choice. Just more emotional pain during an already difficult time. Not to mention the extra financial burden.

That said I really do agree that we need to keep a level head and focus on the constant and repetitive attacks against individual freedoms that are being consistently perpetrated. A woman’s right to control her own body has been under heavy attack for several years now. The passing of the law in Virginia did not happen in a vacuum. The climate has been carefully cultivated as state after state has passed laws restricting abortion. The ultimate goal is clear.

Tick, we actually agree here in all aspects. The exception may be in how we are each using the word "choice".

The object of these types of legistative abuses, seeing they cannot outright ban abortions, is to make the process of getting one more complicated, more expensive, more traumatic, more cumbersome. The agenda is very clear, the methodology is very sneaky and repulsive, the logic is just irrational.

Having said that, however, I am waiting for the next step. If this follows a reasonable course, within their warped mental processes, it stands to reason women might next be facing something like..... aborted fetuses will no longer consider "medical waste". I apologize for the insensitivity of that statement but it is a viable reality. It would then follow that women could then be required to bury the fetus. It sucks, but there is a game plan here that needs to be acknowledged and addressed.

Back to choice. It might be a semantics thing. If I were to have any type surgery tomorrow, at my age, I would be required to have an ekg and blood work as a minimum before the procedure. If I refused to have it done, the procedure would be cancelled. That is the process. One could say, I should have the choice but I dont. If I want the procedure, this is the crap that goes along with it. It is, unfortunately, a take it or leave it proposition.

Requiring a transvaginal ultrasound is no different but you have to take the emotion out of it. The procedure is still available but to get it, here are the hoops you have to jump through. It stinks, it sucks, but we seldom get to choose the process in anything.

I am less concerned with "choice" per se than I am with the "game plan" of whomever is behind this growing need to spur unevolvement in this country. That game plan is becoming more and more dangerous to women. I really think we need to keep our eye on the forest and not so much on the individual trees.

I dont know the answer here but coming from the age of social movments, I find it very concerning that we have a lot of media reports showing how our freedoms are being usurped but very little on how we are fighting back. Why is that?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #2151
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Wow, as a law enforcement officer I was subjected to vetting and tons of psychological testing, I know of lots of other professions this is done as well. I fail to see the offense. With the news of teachers molesting students, of forcing students to participate in nefarious situations I would think you would have the children's best interests in mind instead of being offended. My bad.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #2152
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I am totally pissed off that anyone would suggest there needs to be any psychological testing for teachers or any other profession.

Do you all not recall how horrible it was for our community when we were considered to be crazy my the medical profession.

I'm done. I'm pissed and I am totally hurt that anyone in this community would dare to suggest something of this nature.
I am sorry you took it personally. I am open to suggesstions as to how we start weeding out the people in any profession that may not be fit, safe to work with or around children. I do know I can read daily about children being abused physcially, mentally, emotionally by clergy, teachers, parents, other kids the list seems endless.

As for the LGBTQ marked as crazy by the medical profession, I remember, yes. I don't think being LGBTQ makes one crazy. You may be crazy but it is not a given because you are LGBTQ.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #2153
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,943 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

From MoveOn.org

Today, an all male ‘witness’ panel was allowed to speak at the GOP’s hearing examining the Obama administration’s new regulation requiring employers and insurers to provide contraception coverage to employees. When Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke was presented to testify on behalf of the Minority, she was shown the door. She would have been the only female voice speaking on behalf of the millions of women who support access to birth control. Here is the basis of her testimony, had she been allowed to speak.

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #2154
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Okie,

I am sorry if you found it offensive. I guess you really thought I was serious, rather than it just me throwing out some frustration of the seemingly constant poor choices teachers have been making lately?

I actually don't think that all students should have to do psychological testing prior to admission to an education major. Plus, most education majors come into freshman year already in the major, so it would be at their own expense as high school seniors to get tested. Obviously, we would have a much lower rate of students applying, which would not be a good thing.

I personally am a therapist (licensed clinical social worker), and I would welcome any kind of testing for admission to a graduate program. However, I do think that the professors do a pretty good job at weeding out the people with obvious personality disorders and such. They just discharge them from the program.

Also, I support the idea of all social workers (and all other therapists) having to pay for psychological testing after graduation in order to receive their license. That is actually an excellent idea (thanks, Greyson)! I would put out some money to ensure that there are only good, mentally healthy therapists working with both children and adults.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #2155
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I think any profession that works with children, under 18 should be psychologically evaluated every few years.
All you really need is one psychological evaluation to see if someone fits the characteristics of someone who would not be the best influence on children. Repetition wouldn't make a difference.

Since I am not a psychologist (only psychologists can do psychological testing), I can not say this with authority, but I do not think that there is any psychological testing that would weed out pedophilia.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #2156
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
All you really need is one psychological evaluation to see if someone fits the characteristics of someone who would not be the best influence on children. Repetition wouldn't make a difference.

Since I am not a psychologist (only psychologists can do psychological testing), I can not say this with authority, but I do not think that there is any psychological testing that would weed out pedophilia.

I am not a psychologist either. Not even close. Urban Planner does not make me an expert in this field. As far as repetition, I thought every few years may help because sometimes it does seem like people can become troubled a few years later. I don't think blanced mental health is a given for a life time.

I do appreciate your participation in the threads Dapper. For the most part, I have found you to be fair minded and informed. I also can understand the reaction of OkieBug and I also know too many childrend are being harmed daily in "plain sight." Anyway, I have said my thoughts on this one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #2157
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I am not a psychologist either. Not even close. Urban Planner does not make me an expert in this field. As far as repetition, I thought every few years may help because sometimes it does seem like people can become troubled a few years later. I don't think blanced mental health is a given for a life time.
Absolutely. I wasn't referring to shifting mental health disorders (like mood disorders, for example), I was referring specifically to what I highlighted above. I am referring to people who would have extremely poor judgement, antisocial traits, etc., that could effect them making good choices for children. For example, the person in the article has the children write to her boyfriend who is an inmate in prison who had child porn and weapons charges on him. That shows very poor judgement. I would suggest that if she continued as a teacher, she would continue to make poor choices such as the above. This is about "who" she is as a person.

I am not referring to things like depression, for example, which could change year to year. Having a teacher who is depressed isn't harmful to children.

Make sense?

Corkey, brought up a good example of a profession that does psychological testing for this purpose. Police officers. They test for things like antisocial traits. People who are mildly-severely socialpathic apply to become police officers. They like to feel they have power over others (not such a good trait for a police officer who already is handed a lot of power). Police officers also need to be able to control their anger and have good judgement. They screen for these things and then recommend whether or not the police department should consider hiring the person. If the person had depression, for example, the psychologist may recommend treatment to the person, but it wouldn't preclude them from being a good police officer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #2158
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

EXCUSE ME................

inserting any object in the vagina or anus of a women without her consent IS RAPE. PERIOD.

inserting any object in a vagina under coercion (which is what requiring it to get an abortion) IS RAPE

to suggest otherwise is utter bullshit and smacks of the patriarchy.....

and I'm outta here or I will get timed out again.......
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #2159
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
EXCUSE ME................

inserting any object in the vagina or anus of a women without her consent IS RAPE. PERIOD.

inserting any object in a vagina under coercion (which is what requiring it to get an abortion) IS RAPE

to suggest otherwise is utter bullshit and smacks of the patriarchy.....
I agree. I had to have one of these ultrasounds back in 2004 and felt incredibly violated by the process, even though I knew it was medically necessary. For a government to force/coerce women to be vaginally probed with a phallic ultrasound wand for no reasonable medical purpose is government-mandated sexual assault.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl

Last edited by Nat; 02-16-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #2160
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

I can't with good conscious say it is anything more than state sanctioned rape. This is what happens when men are in charge of women's health issues, and That needs to change.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news