Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-03-2014, 05:18 AM   #1281
Daktari

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 AM   #1282
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,399 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Sadly.... my exercise routine will be sidelined for a few days... I took a fall yesterday during my hike that I thought was nothing....woke up today....and....it's not nothing... sigh

The irony being....that scrambling up a rock face and traversing icy paths was not the cause. I was walking down the damn road to my car...
Old 04-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #1283
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Been going home and walking Kevin during my lunch break for the last couple of months or so. Now it is hot at noon. Kevin sure lapped up his water when we returned home. I put a bunch of ice cubes in his water bowl before we embark on our walk.

We are having a little trouble with this one long hill which takes us to a wooded area. Today I was thinking how Kelly always pulled Kevin and I up that hill. It did not matter if it was cold or hot outside, she never slowed down or hesitated in getting Kevin and I to the top. I always put them on a coupler lease. Made it somewhat easier for me. Kelly was a light - weight at about 60 to 65 pounds. It always baffled me how exceptionally strong she was for her size. Kelly was extra extra special ... and such a clown. Even when she mis- behaved, I could not get mad at her. I'd have to fake mad and then fake the talk. LOL!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #1284
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

I am looking forward to my second 5k in the coming weeks. It's similar to the one I recently completed..so I'm super excited!
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #1285
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Been going home and walking Kevin during my lunch break for the last couple of months or so. Now it is hot at noon. Kevin sure lapped up his water when we returned home. I put a bunch of ice cubes in his water bowl before we embark on our walk.

We are having a little trouble with this one long hill which takes us to a wooded area. Today I was thinking how Kelly always pulled Kevin and I up that hill. It did not matter if it was cold or hot outside, she never slowed down or hesitated in getting Kevin and I to the top. I always put them on a coupler lease. Made it somewhat easier for me. Kelly was a light - weight at about 60 to 65 pounds. It always baffled me how exceptionally strong she was for her size. Kelly was extra extra special ... and such a clown. Even when she mis- behaved, I could not get mad at her. I'd have to fake mad and then fake the talk. LOL!
I'm sorry you are missing Kelly today. How is Kevin doing with his weight loss? Glad you are both getting your cardiovascular system into good shape (exercise is healthy for him besides just weight loss)! You're being a great parent, I bet he loves the walk!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #1286
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Default counting days

to get back to exercise. surgery went well, finally breathing. but I am in this house and bored, bored, bored. Not sure when I get the go ahead to exercise and swim again. I was a little worried that it would be a push to go back to the gym but I am thinking, no, it will be a relief. Not sure why but mostly craving carbs.

my sense of smell and taste might be affected for a while so I am not much interested in anything to "full of taste"
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #1287
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Back to Dapper

Hey Friend,

Kevin is losing weight. I know because his harness has become loose and I remember searching all over town to locate one that would fit him. Our P.M. conversations helped him more than you know. And he thanks you for telling me about those little tiny carrots - he munches out on those now instead of people food. Kevin and I are doing okay. Of course we'll always miss our Kelly. That little girl had it going on all the time. There were no dull moments living with Kelly! *big grin*

Hope things are well with you.
Take care, Buddy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #1288
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Hey Friend,

Kevin is losing weight. I know because his harness has become loose and I remember searching all over town to locate one that would fit him. Our P.M. conversations helped him more than you know. And he thanks you for telling me about those little tiny carrots - he munches out on those now instead of people food. Kevin and I are doing okay. Of course we'll always miss our Kelly. That little girl had it going on all the time. There were no dull moments living with Kelly! *big grin*

Hope things are well with you.
Take care, Buddy!
Glad to hear you are using those carrots!

I bet your Vet wouldn't mind if you stopped by and had Kevin step on their scale. They will be happy to see his/your hard work!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #1289
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Dapper ...

Funny, I have thought the same thing. Taking Kevie by and weighing him. I know they'd be pleased to see he is losing weight.

Enjoy what is left of your evening.
I'll be talking to you.
*smiles at you and waves*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2014, 01:04 AM   #1290
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
I'm glad you put this up,I still am not able to do much more than take it easy for another week, I sure will give it a try when I am able.My back has been a major issue the last few week's so finely I got the appointment for a big injection for my lower back,no kidding it has been the worst episode yet as it effects my entire butt and lower back and may well be what is screwing up my left knee.The doc is sending me to a knee doc to check it out,dam if it isn't one thing it's something else with pain management.I had to see my g.p. last week and boy is she pissed cause my a.c.1 is over 7 so now I am fixing to be on metform(I think that's what she said )I am waiting for it to be delivered my express scrip.Without being able to exercise I I haven;t been able to keep my sugar in check like I had before.I tore up my m.c.l. a few years ago,my knee tricked out a month ago but the pain doc was going to send me to see about it but he hasn't so my g.p. set me up with someone.I will be so glad to have it gone cause I have done all I can think of to help me get better with little success.Any one got an old fashion country doctor around that really can do something...where is Dr.Wellby when I need him?
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #1291
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Yesterday at the gym:

1 hr. on the Stair Master (Intervals 45/50); 1 hr. on the Arc Trainer (Level 10, strength program); and 1 combined hour of weight lifting, core, and stretching.

Had a small run-in with Jill, slightly out of our usual context. Me walking out of bathroom, her walking in. I looked her in the eye and smiled and said hi. She did the same. We had a more genuine eye contact.

Talked a few minutes in the locker room with LaKeesha. Listened to her tell another woman her usual thing, "I get to the gym by 5am because I cannot do for any other man or woman before I do for myself." My favorite line of hers is the "The gym is my morning coffee." It's a little more catchy.

Marilyn. Oy, Marilyn. She talks and talks. I went and hid.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #1292
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default responding to nycfem's post

I take it you don't say "How's it going?" in passing to Marilyn when you see her.
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #1293
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation
Default This is a great topic idea!

I love the idea of posting our workouts here. For accountability and whatnot.

I haven't worked out today. (Yet.) Had a real bad night of sleep so I woke up in the afternoon. Yikes.

Here's what I did yesterday, in 9 minutes and 99 seconds:

60 squats
45 chest/pec presses (substitute for knee pushups)
20 bicep curls
30 crunches
20 bicycle twists
20 step out jacks : : substitute a heel tap to the side instead of jumping out
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 04:43 AM   #1294
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's been a hard week to dredge up the energy to hit the gym, so I guess you could say that my exercise routine consisted of working 60 hours.

I had lots of manual labor this week, so I don't think it's a total loss.

Oh! And I found out how to say 'prostitute' in RI sign. And then worked my abs by laughing non-stop for 10 minutes with my new deaf customer and his girlfriend. They are going to help me a little with signing!

Apparently, I'm worse than I thought.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 04-07-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 04:48 AM   #1295
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Heading out for a cold morning run.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #1296
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,399 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I started my day with yoga after letting my boo boo leg rest/heal.... it felt good to be back in action
Old 04-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #1297
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

yay. I was told by doctor that I could only do recumbent elliptical. Went back to gym after almost 3 weeks today. It just felt great to be there. Starting back slowly and only did 30 minutes
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #1298
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today is the first day of my Spring Break (well, I wouldn't have had to go to school on a Saturday but you know what I mean!). I am off for a week! And it's finally spring in NYC!

Today I spent two hours in Riverside Park. I walked and did some stair climbing on the St. Clair Stairs. It's nice to be out of the gym, feeling the sun, experiencing the various terrains, and people watching. Everyone was happy it was spring today.

I had a funny experience in the park. I walked by this woman on a bench, and as I passed by she frowned and gave a universal sign: a big, clear "thumbs down." I thought, "Oh, my, I must have offended." I tried to assess myself and see if I forgot to put on pants or something. Then I thought, maybe it's my "Pride" shirt, but it's a very subtle rainbow pride shirt, so that seemed doubtful. I reversed course so that I could walk by her again and see if I got the "thumbs down" sign again, maybe this time with a comment that would clarify things. As I did she was now sitting with a man (perhaps a husband?), and I realized that likely she had been communicating with him from across the way, and that I had not seen him and thought the thumbs down sign was for me. When I passed them, they did not even seem to see me, which would make sense, since I was a stranger.

Then I went to the gym. It was wonderfully quiet and empty, save for a few regulars. There is an older Asian woman who I've mentioned before. She is petite and muscular, and we have a very similar routine that makes it so we are sometimes in each others space, using the weights the other one wants, etc. We handle it with quiet dignity. Anyway we were lifting weights next to each other and doing yoga (blah blah), and then she sat with her head in her hands for a long while. I wondered if she was upset about something and thinking it out. Then she said to me, "Hold my hand." She has tiny hands and wears weight lifting gloves, so my bare hand held her gloved hand. A few moments passed and she said, "Help me up slowly. I have vertigo, and I just had a very bad episode." It was a tender moment, and I doubt we will ever speak of it, but I'm glad she knew that we had a trusted relationship from being together so much, even if in silence.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #1299
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Like nycfem, I had an unusual experience today. I was up at the crack of dawn doing my usual run through a nearby woodland. No one is ever in the woods at this time in the morning on a Saturday except a gentleman walking his dog. We always wave to each other as I run by. Today he motioned for me to stop. He told me he was going on holidays in a couple of days and he asked that I vary my running schedule or find somewhere safer to run while he was gone. I asked him, "What do you mean?" He told me my routine was too predictable and he would feel much better knowing I wasn't in the woods by myself while he was away. I couldn't believe it! This stranger was genuinely concerned for my safety. All these months he had been keeping his eye out for me. I thanked him for his concern and told him I would run at the local track for the next week. It is strange how connections are made with our fellow humans, even when we are not aware of it.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #1300
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

This morning I pumped up the tires on my bike. They'd deflated over the winter. I wiped down the chain and oiled it, and stopped at the bike shop around the corner to get a new helmet.

For the last couple years, I've been wearing R's old skateboard helmet. It felt good to have a lighter, better ventilated helmet. Also, it's fluorescent orange.

I just went my usual route, down through my neighborhood, past the Brooklyn Museum and the main library, past the big arch and fountains to the entrance to the park.

It was the first time I'd seen the farmer's market happening since last summer. There were tons of people milling around the tents where people were selling vegetables, herbs, meat and dairy products from upstate New York.

It was easy doing the 3-mile loop around the park. I guess I've gotten into better shape than I realized. I doubled my exercise routine in January, and I use an old Schwinn exercycle at home that isn't recumbent, but more like a spin-class bike, meaning, I can adjust the resistance and stand on the pedals. I'm drenched when I get off it.

Anyway it felt good to be exercising outside for a change. The lighter helmet and being in better shape felt great. I went around the park once, then down a bike path that spans from the plaza to 15th Street, then down 15th Street to 5th Avenue, then back around to my part of Brooklyn.

Today I also cleaned off the balcony and set up my chairs. I can sit out there with my coffee now in the morning, and do stretches and stuff on the yoga mat. I'm up high, so there's enough privacy to do that.

Exercise is so much easier for me when the weather is better.

Tags
exercise, weights