Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Poly Relationships

Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #21
tara_kerrie

How Do You Identify?:
Whatever you want to call us
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, she,
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,366 Times in 441 Posts
tara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputation

Im sorry I didnt mean for it to seem like that.
tara_kerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tara_kerrie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #22
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrieH View Post
Im sorry I didnt mean for it to seem like that.
Thank you for this. It's appreciated.

We all hurt when our worlds come crashing down. Who takes it harder than others has nothing to do with anything other than how we take things as individuals.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Erased post.

Last edited by RockOn; 03-19-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Did not realize I was in a poly thread until after I posted.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #24
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

I am all for showing and saying 'I love you'. BUT if your gut is telling you not to say it, then listen to your gut! There's a TON of shoulda, woulda, coulda's, forehead slaps and mangled screams of 'WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO!!!' because they didn't listen to their (myself included) guts!

good luck!
~~~shark~~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am all for telling the people I love that I love them.

Femmes are not fragile. BTW. Or more emotional lol. Some of us are, but just as many of us are not. Lot's of butches and lot's of people in general are emotional.

But back to the subject, if she knows she is in a poly relationship with you and everything is in the open and you love her, why qualify it? Love adds to love, it does not have to be I am INNNNNN love with one person and just love this other person like love has degrees.

If she knows the situation and you have been honest, it seems a bit patronizing to try to protect her from herself.

I would be more likely to say I love you and here is why and how.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #26
imadiva

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey
Relationship Status:
Slow and steady ! We are tightly bound !

imadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputationimadiva Has the BEST Reputation

Love and In Love ? What are some examples of Love vs IN Love ? I think Love is Love !! Black and White no Gray area ! I have loved and been loved I have hurt and been hurt but it was issues that we had as a couple that destroyed the beauty of the love ...
imadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imadiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #27
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

i truly appreciate this thread and i must say i have Not heard "i love you" in any way shape or form for a very, very, very, very long time.

i'm extremely sensitive and tenderhearted, yet also a realist, so if i should hear "i love you," i take it into perspective. my reply has been in the past "i love you too..." but by mere fantasy of ego that someone is actually feeling for me.

being the slightly jaded individual i am... my reply now would be "okay, i care about you..."
nothing more, nothing less.

are there strings attached to saying "i love you??" perhaps consequences, yes.

hope this helps.

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #28
boobookitty

How Do You Identify?:
I like the tag Lipstick Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
not picky, but male pronouns are soothing to the psyche
Relationship Status:
not looking for more than friends

boobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

awww dog'it.... (laughing)... many of the recent post, point out the pickle of emotions that mix with being poly... I still feel love for my previous GF...

The long discussions of what is 'love' vs what is 'in love'... these conversations have taken place. Her words, define "in love" as willing to do what ever it takes to keep the relationship going -until you just can't stand it any more and have to get out- that doesn't match my definition,

to me "in love" is more like the fascination (almost like infatuation) the 'can't quite figure out what it is about you, but I sure do want to find out'

commitment is a whole other level.

I love friends and family and sometimes pets... I am not 'in love' with any of them... and I have no 'unconditional' commitments.

I can say 'I love you" to family and friends, but adding sex to the relationship, makes it a picky issue.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #29
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobookitty View Post
awww dog'it.... (laughing)... many of the recent post, point out the pickle of emotions that mix with being poly... I still feel love for my previous GF...

The long discussions of what is 'love' vs what is 'in love'... these conversations have taken place. Her words, define "in love" as willing to do what ever it takes to keep the relationship going -until you just can't stand it any more and have to get out- that doesn't match my definition,

to me "in love" is more like the fascination (almost like infatuation) the 'can't quite figure out what it is about you, but I sure do want to find out'

commitment is a whole other level.

I love friends and family and sometimes pets... I am not 'in love' with any of them... and I have no 'unconditional' commitments.

I can say 'I love you" to family and friends, but adding sex to the relationship, makes it a picky issue.
I get this. Loving is pretty easy for me. I genuinely love many people. I can love someone and we can have great sex but I have no need to take to the next level or create a partnership with them. I've always been a bit perplexed by the whole love thing. I don't understand why it ever has to end. It should evolve and change but never end.

I could easily do poly with the right people, however I also dominant and often my control is viewed as possessive. I don't need to love you to own/control you but chances are I'll need to respect you and somewhere love is most likely going to brew. So if I say "I'm IN LOVE" with you it probably means I'm intimately fucking you, hanging out with you and that I see a future with you. BUT as we all know that could change any time. At this point in my life I'm thinking love is enough and to be honest I want to love as many people as I can. Hopefully I'll fuck a few of them too.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #30
boobookitty

How Do You Identify?:
I like the tag Lipstick Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
not picky, but male pronouns are soothing to the psyche
Relationship Status:
not looking for more than friends

boobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputationboobookitty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
If she knows the situation and you have been honest, it seems a bit patronizing to try to protect her from herself.
Ah... and there is the rub of it -- I realize that is exactly what I am doing.

How would you (as in anyone who reads this) feel -- to find out long after the fact (so to speak) that someone loved you and did not trust you with the whole truth? ... sigh...

If she was in my face right now, ... telling me she had read this thread, and asked why I won't say it... I would have to look her in the eye and say, "???"
(stalling for time to think of a good answer)

I would say, "Because, what I feel, and what I am willing to stand by, as a commiment are not the same thing. Love beyond friendship is not what I am able to give to you. If my feelings are in conflict with my commiment to be your friend, then that is where the line is drawn. I promised to be your friend first. The rest takes second place to that."
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #31
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I am all for telling the people I love that I love them.

Femmes are not fragile. BTW. Or more emotional lol. Some of us are, but just as many of us are not. Lot's of butches and lot's of people in general are emotional.

But back to the subject, if she knows she is in a poly relationship with you and everything is in the open and you love her, why qualify it? Love adds to love, it does not have to be I am INNNNNN love with one person and just love this other person like love has degrees.

I would be more likely to say I love you and here is why and how.
I love ya

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #32
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Everything seems to always have strings but they don't have to be chains.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #33
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

That is the most important thing to me...if you don't mean it, don't say it.