Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 09-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #21
SugarLips

How Do You Identify?:
jeans and t-shirt girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

SugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I concur! Not even the relationship or in love thing.... I think it is even weird for people to say they are "dating" before they meet.

What the heck?
I think you can be committed to a person before you actually meet them... That to me would be dating. Maybe not your traditional dinner and a movie kind of dating... But you can still get to know a person (sometimes more so) online just as you can in person. Which is all that dating is anyway.

Not sure if I could go as far as getting married online without meeting the person in real life... but I certainly won't invalidate what someone else perceives as a "marriage" for them.
SugarLips is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SugarLips For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #22
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I've gone out both with people that I've met online and through blind dates. I haven't been out with someone that one of my friends have dated, however. I think that both methods have possibilities, but I probably tend to be more wary when meeting people for the first time, when I have met them online.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #23
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both) I have so that would be a yes. But I really want something local .
*Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers) never again.
*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know? No. Seems like a bad idea all the way around.

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life? Hands down with out a doubt, meeting someone in real life.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #24
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both) I have so that would be a yes.
*Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers) Once and never again.
*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know? No. Seems like a bad idea all the way around.

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life? Hands down with out a doubt, meeting someone in real life.
So here is a question to all of you who would not date someone who dated someone you know...

Our community is fairly incestuous - be it online or real time. How can this be avoided? Seriously.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #25
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
So here is a question to all of you who would not date someone who dated someone you know...

Our community is fairly incestuous - be it online or real time. How can this be avoided? Seriously.
It does limit your choices. But that's life. At least for me.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #26
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Well it's partly why I'm still single, not a whole lot of choices.
No, not a whole lot.
You could find a Virgin Bride.

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #27
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
No, not a whole lot.
You could find a Virgin Bride.
Virgin???? Heck no. I want someone who has been around the block. I like experience. Virgin has nothing to offer me. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #28
SugarLips

How Do You Identify?:
jeans and t-shirt girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

SugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST ReputationSugarLips Has the BEST Reputation

lmaoooooo.... omg... you all have me dying in laughter over here!
The Following User Says Thank You to SugarLips For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #29
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It does limit your choices. But that's life. At least for me.
Yep. It's a butch code thing for me, personally. No offense to the choices others make.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #30
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Virgin???? Heck no. I want someone who has been around the block. I like experience. Virgin has nothing to offer me. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jagg...
Back to your original statement.
You will be single forever.

Virgin or Has Been Had.
The choice is yours.

(snort)

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #31
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Julie...good question....seriously! For me, I lived in Atlanta,GA for a few years...it was so huge as a community that anyone I did date, hadn't been with anyone in the "community". PLUS I tend to gravitate towards Nurses/Medical People....and that "pool" is not so much a "community". Then I was in a 5 yr and a 15 year relationship...pretty close together. Since being single the last 3 years...I have dated people I met from dating sites...and none were in the community, so to speak. Each person was either an hr. or up to 8 hrs. away...soooo..that kept me from being in the "community" where I lived. I have dated (IRL) 3 people from a site...online...and again, each was from a few states away...and I hadn't thought about your question, until you brought it up. So that is how I manage to stay away from the pool...I tend to steer clear of the "community" just for the "incest part". I was at a potluck a few months ago, in Jacksonville,FL. My first, and only foray into the "pool". The group I was conversing with began to talk about who all each had "slept with" at this particular function...one said "8", one said "5", and one said "almost all the femmes here". It startled me so...and I just thought to myself...I am NOT interested in anyone here. I think it is disrespectful to "kiss and tell" like that....and I didn't want to be a part of it. So, I come online and steer clear of that, if possible. This is just what works for me...and my own opinion...<smiles>
Quote:

Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #32
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLips View Post
I think you can be committed to a person before you actually meet them... That to me would be dating. Maybe not your traditional dinner and a movie kind of dating... But you can still get to know a person (sometimes more so) online just as you can in person. Which is all that dating is anyway.

Not sure if I could go as far as getting married online without meeting the person in real life... but I certainly won't invalidate what someone else perceives as a "marriage" for them.
Yes, I agree. I can be "committed" to someone (that is as simple as not seeing anyone else), but I think that I have to meet someone first in order to "date" them. Half of the image one has of a person prior to meeting them (even if they talk 50 times a day on skype), is what they create in their own mind as to who they perceive/want the person to be.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #33
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Jagg...
Back to your original statement.
You will be single forever.

Virgin or Has Been Had.
The choice is yours.

(snort)
oh no don't be jinxing me Julie.HAHAHA Are you saying I have to lower my standards? Single forever? Well guess I'll just play out the hand I was dealt then. Somehow I doubt I'll be single forever. It will work out for me, it always does.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #34
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yes, I agree. I can be "committed" to someone (that is as simple as not seeing anyone else), but I think that I have to meet someone first in order to "date" them. Half of the image one has of a person prior to meeting them (even if they talk 50 times a day on skype), is what they create in their own mind as to who they perceive/want the person to be.
I agree, you have to meet someone before you can call it dating. Otherwise, you're just TALKING.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #35
SugarLips

How Do You Identify?:
jeans and t-shirt girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

semantics... lol :P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarLips For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #36
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I have done the online relationship thing, and it just doesn't work for me. I have been burned too many times from it. I would rather have someone I can actually spend time with in person and have real dates, sex, etc. I think it is just too difficult to really get to know someone only through online and phone conversations. And I just want a flesh and blood hand to hold.

I have never been on a blind date.

I would not date the ex of a friend of mine.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #37
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

RiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST Reputation

I give up on both lol
RiverBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RiverBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #38
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

I've done so before, and met a wonderful woman. Unfortunately, she was pretty far away and both of us had rotten timing. We're still great friends. I'd go out with someone I met online, as I don't go to clubs or bars, especially a site where the person's character could be vouced for (like BFP).

*Do you go out on blind dates? (set up by friends, co-workers)

Not again. It's a shock learning what your friends think your "type" is, or what you'll settle for. Now, a party or dinner in which said person was also invited but not as my date-that's OK. It's not just about the fix-up, that way.

*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know?

Generally, no. It depends. My best friend's ex, no way (she's straight, anyway, but I mean a very close friend). An aquaintance, again it depends. I'd rather not date if the community was that insular.

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life?

In real life, because you get to see the person "in action", and probably doing something you already like to do.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #39
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

*Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

Yes. I have and I am, and I would again. I have met local and long distance, my current being long distance.

I've done that a couple times. Once worked out well. Or rather, the dating didn't go so well but I made a very dear lifelong friend out of it.

Pffft. Have you ever been to Asheville? My entire group of local friends, we have all dated each other, each other's exes, each other's relatives, yada yada yada. It isn't a very large place, and we all just seem to know and understand. Rarely does anyone ever have hard feelings about it. Usually, no matter who is dating or breaking up, we are all still one large group of friends for the long haul. Maybe it's just become tradition, because we all seem to pass one on to the next...lol

*Which do you think is better: meeting and dating people from an online source, or meeting and dating people you meet in real life?

I actually prefer meeting them online and getting to know them that way for a few months before meeting them in person. To me, first dates (and the entire early stage of dating) is awkward and I don't really feel like I can be myself the way I would like. Getting to know someone online allows me the opportunity to open myself up to them without the awkwardness, the physical aspect (lust/shyness/whatnot), or any of the other clouding my mind. Then, by the time I do meet them in person I am much more comfortable and things seem to flow much more smoothly. This could also be because I am a painfully shy person when it comes to the whole dating thing. *shrug*
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #40
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Sure I would date someone from online but only if I chatted with them over five years.
I don't do blind dates nor do I date anyone who has dated someone I know or known for years.
online source and real time are both considered good and you have to becareful in both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library_girl View Post
Hello singles,
I'm starting this thread just to see what everyone thinks about online dating vs. real-world dating. Any and all comments are welcome!

*Do you (or would you) go out with someone you met online, such as from a dating site, chat room, BFP, etc.? (this can be local or long distance or both)

Any other comments on this subject would be great.....these are just questions off the top of my head.

THANKS!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post: