Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: What is Your Employment Status?
I am employed full time. 84 53.85%
I am employed part time. 7 4.49%
I do freelance work. 7 4.49%
I am on unemployment. 6 3.85%
I am not currently employed. 4 2.56%
I am not currently employed but looking for a job. 7 4.49%
I am currently employed and looking for a better job. 7 4.49%
I work more than one job. 6 3.85%
I am on disability. 15 9.62%
Other: See thread for explanation 13 8.33%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #161
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I am now currently employed as a material handler. That's why I have been missing the past few days.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2016, 03:13 PM   #162
Cole610

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You, Dude
Relationship Status:
Single

Cole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST Reputation

Im quitting my job after 17 yrs to take a 6 week training course to become a Bus Driver. Freaking out that I may be unemployed in 6 weeks. lol.
Cole610 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cole610 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #163
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

adding on, only working in concerts and sporting events 2 nights a week now. Employed ft working at a detention facility now
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2016, 06:48 PM   #164
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole610 View Post
Im quitting my job after 17 yrs to take a 6 week training course to become a Bus Driver. Freaking out that I may be unemployed in 6 weeks. lol.
Wow. That's pretty crazy. Will the bus driving gig pay more?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:20 PM   #165
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Retired

Retired from working many years as an addictions counsellor. Alcohol, drugs, anger management and gambling addictions.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2016, 11:51 PM   #166
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole610 View Post
Woohoo!! Go Cole!! So glad you are changing work!
Watch your back with bus driving though. Most companies cover massage therapy for their drivers, take advantage of that!
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2016, 05:46 AM   #167
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Currently working doinf a job but the company is just crazy, I always put myself at crazy jobs (masochist ) but I have a side job that I love so I am working to cultivate my side job so I can quit the crwzy job and enjoy life.

I have extended experience in the healing arts but my headspace is not right for that at this time.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #168
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My situation doesn't fit the cubby holes of categorization.

I technically "work" full time but more than half of my 40hrs is spent in school. After I complete the program I will be working 40 hrs (or more) at ONE job. For the first time in about...thinking...wow...12 years...
Old 04-30-2016, 09:36 AM   #169
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Default work

I work 70 plus hour weeks typically. Lucky to love what I do but I am definitely my father's daughter. He had an amazing work ethic and it rubbed off
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2016, 07:59 PM   #170
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

This upcoming job will be manufacturing of make up products, I am not really sure what it all entails but I will find out come Monday!

I work for a temp agency for now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #171
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I am a physician educator by day but I have a side gig as a consultant. I am working 3 jobs all told at the moment. If I can keep up the pace I may have my student loans paid off before I retire.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #172
Lecheloco

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine preferred
Relationship Status:
Happy as is, but a date would be nice

Thanked 1,975 Times in 633 Posts
Lecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST Reputation

I finally got myself down to 1 full time gig, I am the head honcho
Lecheloco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lecheloco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #173
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I work with mortgages....

I like it partly because it's possible to make really good money. (Bonus) And I have made some good money. And I happen to like money. So I have been doing it for 3 years.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #174
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Transitioning from working retail to being a nursing assistant. I am scared but excited about what my future holds.

Zimmeh
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #175
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Currently home on short term disability, should be back to my logistics job in about 3 weeks

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2016, 06:56 AM   #176
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Weeks ago, I interviewed for an alternate situation of employment and was officially hired on, two weeks ago.
I ended my former employment in good standing and will assume my new role on campus, tomorrow.

I'm thrilled because it will be the first time ever, in my work history, where I will benefit from a fully paid, employer sponsored, health plan that includes vision, dental and overall health care services.

I am so elated: I've waited such a long time for this kind of position of employment. I'm still in awe of the cumulative result of all the steps I've taken to find the right kind of employment situation.

For those who are hurdling challenges, like I have for the past two or three years, don't give up. The best job of your life is out there, somewhere, maybe even closer to you than you think.

I feel very blessed today.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2016, 07:56 AM   #177
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Currently home on short term disability, should be back to my logistics job in about 3 weeks
Well it happened as predicted. I'm back to work, put in 40 hrs and didn't start til Tuesday. Busy place in summer hope I can hang for the rest of it

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #178
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Freelance writer, but I am working on transitioning into becoming a full-time online bookseller. I love to write, but I am tired of sitting at my desk all of the time.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #179
anotherbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single and very content this way...

Thanked 1,300 Times in 367 Posts
anotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputation

I work full time at a job I love. We test electrical insulation and materials. I get to blow stuff up, catch stuff on fire and watch electricity do it's thing. I learn something every day.
anotherbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to anotherbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #180
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Assembly operator Colorescience make up products.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:

Tags
employment, job