Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dedications, Celebrations, Devotions from the Heart; for those who have touched our lives

I looked around every corner and under the rug, I even looked under the bed but all I found was dustbunnies, a Route 66 box, and a lurking peep ...but I couldn't find a thread for Dedications to the wonderful, amazing people that have touched our lives... in the past or present, living or passed-on, far away or near... or to Mentors that you have never met, but who have had a huge impact on you (like Helen Keller did for me).

I found a thread for Grieving, but not one were we offer a Dedication... since I've felt much grief in my life, I have this overwhelming feeling to focus on how important certain people, pets or the occasional stranger that touches my life and changes it forever, have been; instead of focusing on my grief (which brings out my PTSD sometimes). In my life, I learned early to tell people I love what they mean to me or how I admire them. Sadly, I missed that chance with a couple people. So I try hard to let others know. When I write a Dedication, it brings me good feelings... when I write about my grief, I get flashbacks and more pain. I think Andrew's thread for Grieving is wonderful and very supportive to anyone who needs it. Thanks Andrew! But it wasn't quite what I was looking for... if this isn't the place to open this thread, lemme know... the first/last one I opened was about Waxing&Shaving "intimate" parts... so I'm still a newbie at this...

Please share Stories; Letters; Thank You Notes; Shared Memories; What Things - like smells, sights, nicknames, keepsakes, songs, "gramma's comfort foods", etc - Remind You Fondly Of Someone Special; How Has A Favorite Pet Affected Your Life or Helped You Overcome A Hardship; What Kind Words Would You Like To Say To Someone That Is No Longer With you....(fill in the blank..)...

Dedications, Celebrations and Devotions From Your Heart...

Last edited by Kenna; 04-05-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Miss you Little Gramma

People say...when you have a happy childhood, time goes by fast and before you know it, it's over...

Time stood still for me... except when in the care of my great gramma ("lil Gma" as she signed all her cards)...what a darling, dear, cherished woman and the love of my life!

Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could turn back time just to spend one more day with her, to hold her soft hand as we fell asleep, to help brush out her long silky snow white hair and hold her silver mirror for her, to hear her fuss at me when I'm snatching up berries in her strawberry patch, to see her light a special candle on my birthday that we saved every year just for the occasion, to snuggle in grampa's huge mahogany rocker and listen to her read old fairy tales like Billy Goat Gruff while the old crank-up Thomas Edison record player was playing a fond "My Wild Irish Rose"...to enjoy breakfast with her one last time...just to say I love you Gramma and kiss her soft cheek... even if it meant facing time standing still again at mom's house...

When you close your eyes and remember, what smell do you most associate with a fond memory? Sugar cookies at "big gramma's" house and gingerbread & mint tea at "lil gramma's" house...

"my wild irish rose, the sweetest flower that grows... ...nothing can compare.. to my wild irish rose..." Love you Lil Gma!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Dustin Thomas, born July 31, 1994...laid to rest August 3, 1994

If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. I’ll always be with you.

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.

If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.

Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.

Some people care too much, I think it's called love.

Wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the forest,
a little boy and his Bear will always be playing.

You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.

-- Winnie the Pooh

My dearest Dustin,

Your big brother and I had waited so long for you and I still chuckle at the time you kicked the dinner plate off my huge pregnant belly or made me crave watermelon and baked potatoes. And fondly recall the July 4th party as I removed the watermelon from the ice bucket, placed it on my lap and soaked my swollen feet in the ice...as family members teased me "ain't it time for you to have that baby, you look like you're about to pop!" (it didn't help that it looked like I was saving the watermelon all for myself!)

The day you were born, I held you in my arms and said hello, tousled your thick, dark hair and kissed your sweet tiny hands, rocked you gently and told you how much you were loved..spent only a few hours with you that now seem like only seconds...snuggled you in your warm, soft blue blanket while gently rocking and soothing you and pressed my lips to your forehead then had to say good bye too quickly. When they took you from my arms, your gramma held me as I cried and said "I will never know the color of his eyes". The next day, the nurse visited me and asked "are you ready to nurse your baby?"...I couldn't fault her, she didn't know..."no" I said very quietly as I was startled out of my daze "I already said good bye" I responded, as I watched a sweet bluebird land on my windowsill, fluffing himself in the morning sun which made me smile. I took it as a sign you were still with me (as bluebirds rarely come too near a busy building) and instantly forgave that poor nurse that left my room crying.

I laid you to rest on a hill in a beautiful, quiet summer field full of brown-eyed-susans (your lil' gramma's favorite) flowing gently in a breeze that smelled of honeysuckle.

As I was surrounded by many people, it was only you and I on that hilltop...as the sun warmed my face, I tilted my head up with eyes closed and thought of the many things I would miss...yet, knowing you were in your great great gramma's arms on another beautiful, peaceful hilltop and asked her to give you a kiss for me.

I will never know the color of your beautiful eyes, won't dust off your knees when you fall over your tonka truck, didn't get to tease you when you wrinkle your nose, stick out your tongue and say "girls, ick", see you at your first baseball game or teach you how to go fishing at our favorite deep cold mountain river or to swim at "blue hole", or watch you and your brother fuss over your first cars...many things we missed out on... but I have always known you were with me every day... I had given you a guardian angel that day on the hill, but you and your great great gramma are my angels.

To that little boy with his bear and his gramma playing in that enchanted place... Momma and Connor miss you both. One day, I will join you in the 100 acre wood and you can tell me about all the stories lil' gramma has shared with you while we enjoy our honey-sticks and ice cream... till then, give lil' gramma a kiss for me.

With Tender Loving Care and a broken heart,
Momma
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default to a beautiful soul...

May your journey be as beautiful as the Spring:

Spring shall come, come again, calling up the moorfowl, Spring shall bring the sun and rain, bring the bees and flowers; Red shall the heather bloom over hill and valley, Soft flow the stream through the even-flowing hours; Fair the day shine as it shone on my childhood - Fair shine the day on the house with open door; Birds come and cry there and twitter in the chimney - But I go for ever and come again no more.

Robert Louis Stevenson

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

R.I.P. poor Miss. Pizzy Gizzy

When Momma sent me a text the other day that you had "Gone to run with Lucky, eat bunny poops and no more wearing pink ruffled diapers", my heart was broken. So was Momma's heart. You had a wonderful, very loved life with our family. Your life started with horrible abuse in the very far off land of Sicily Italy and ended being loved and cradled in Momma's arms and heart. I wish you could have known how much love, affection and tender moments you brought to my Mom.
Especially when she was suffering from chemo treatments and you would never leave her side.
We love you and will never forget you. You touched our lives in so many ways.
You were born with a disability that never got you down. You were my Mom's "cancer support dog".... you made her laugh on days she wouldn't pick up her head from despair and pain.
You and Lucky were such kind, gentle, beautiful souls.
You are both very cherished members of our family and my heart breaks for you.
You loved us, especially Momma, unconditionally.
You over came your fear of all humans to trust us.
I will miss your quirky ways with all my heart.
Lucky left a huge empty spot in our hearts over a year ago.... Momma always said you would die of grief when we lost Lucky. Now your loss has left an even bigger empty spot.
Now you both can go chase some bunnies and eat all the cheese you want!
LOVE you Miss. Pizzy!!

Poor Lucky Dog....

I wish I could have gave you a big bear hug before you left us.
You were my donut thief and cheese hog!
You were Momma's guardian angel and I will never forget how you laid your head in her lap the day we found she had cancer. You looked at her with such love and expression in your big brown eyes.
Not a day goes by that I don't miss you and your gentle "Big Bear" ways.
You came into our lives as an abused puppy and turned out to be the BEST companion and furry friend we could ever ask for.
You shared love and devotion with us.
I don't think I've ever grieved any pet or furry friend like I have you.
My Big Bear, I hope you are running in green fields without any pain and you get to steal donuts every morning!
Love you Buddy!!
I have an empty spot that will never be filled.
Thank you for blessing us with your love, devotion and more than 15 years of wonderful days with you and Pizzy.
If people say that animals can't and don't love....then they've never been blessed like our family was.
I will never forget you buddy!! Especially the day when you didn't respond when I called your name, but when I dropped something on the floor and yelled "OH Shit!", you trotted right over and looked at me as if to say "You called me?"
You made me laugh on that hard day and always cheered us up when you could sense that we were in pain.
I miss your hugs Big Bear!
R.I.P.
I didn't get to say good bye to either of you because I moved away....
I hope I encounter your kind souls again in this life....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default 1:25am Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dear kind, gentle soul that left her Earthly shell and began her journey this morning....

May your next journey be filled with beauty and your worries be as light as a Bluebird feather... and may we meet in the next life. You have touched my life in ways I was never able to share with you. Your beautiful, kind spirit now joins with mine and with your loved ones that hold you so dear. Your energy will surround us on hard days and we will know you will always be with us.
When ever I see a Bluebird, I smile and think of you now...because of the awe and joy they brought you.

With much Love,
Kj

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

such a beautiful concept, sweet!

i am not sure how far i can go even now, five years after my beloved shadow went on to The Next Step. he was adopted in 1993 from a shelter in florida, and i lived with him only thirteen short years! lately, the pet sitting with a sweet dobe has helped me to heal in ways i was not sure could ever happen for my heart. it's because she is goofy and sensitive and just like my shadow, follows me everywhere [i do not mind!!].

he was / still is my best friend in the whole wide universe!

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

May your journey be as beautiful as the Spring. You will always hold a very special place on my Tree Of Life....

Spring shall come, come again, calling up the moorfowl, Spring shall bring the sun and rain, bring the bees and flowers; Red shall the heather bloom over hill and valley, Soft flow the stream through the even-flowing hours; Fair the day shine as it shone on my childhood - Fair shine the day on the house with open door; Birds come and cry there and twitter in the chimney - But I go for ever and come again no more.

Robert Louis Stevenson

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Oh my gosh, Sweet. Thank you so very much for your kind words. They bring tears to my eyes. I just know that grieving is different for every one of us. We all are human and we all endure this part of life. I know that I come here often, and wanted a place to share the pain that I felt inside when my beloved sister, JoAnn, died from skin cancer. I just wanted a place years ago when others in my family died including my furkids, to have a place to come too - just for me where others understood me without judgement or criticism.

Namaste,
Andrew

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Dear Dustin,
This weekend is your birthday.... and anniversary.
I love you and will celebrate how you have touched my life and how much you have taught me.
I feel you with me today...

I miss you.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #11
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default To my Dad

I miss you..

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:

Tags
celebrations, dedications, devotions