Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Nerdboi

How Do You Identify?:
Andro/Soft Butch/Genderqueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boi
Relationship Status:
Single

Nerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber2010 View Post
Stress is such a big factor in life. I always thought it would not be so bad as I got older but seems like it just gets worse. What helps me is exercise. I try to go to the track every day. I Walk/run to get the stress of the day out. To get me in the car and driving to work I love to turn my favorite tunes as high as I can and sing to them. I am sure people driving by me look and shake their heads but by the time I get to work I am ready for the day and whatever comes my way. I always try to wake up saying today is going to be a great day. Look at myself in the mirror ans smile and even laugh a little at myself.
I agree exercise is great stress reliever. It has saved my life in so many ways. That's awesome you sing in your car..so awesome!
Nerdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerdboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #22
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Reading this post, by you Linus really resonated with me. Like you I have big projects and responsibilities. I am famous for biting off more then I can chew and then hustling to put it all together. I am by far my worse enemy. Maintaining balance is something I have to work very hard at. Even though my logical mind knows that my health is paramount to my success I often slip into sabotage. part of me things this is almost a self destructive thing that lingers in my spirit. Another part of thinks its my inner child rebellion against all all the responsibly and demand a chance to play. I am a fucking die-hard who will work myself to insanity because I'm too stubborn to give up. With my strengths also comes my weaknesses & they often battle. This is often true with eccentric people.

The people around me play a big part in my life and happiness. If I am around people that drain my energy I get off kilter and self destructive. If I'm around highly motivated people I'll feed off that and I'm full speed ahead. I try not to allow too many cartoon people in my life all at once. But the reality is that sometimes I just get to the point where I've had enough. With every single ounce of motivation I have left I have to MAKE myself get up and move. It starts by getting out of bed, taking a short walk, taking a shower and getting dressed. Sometimes working at home we fall into ruts, laziness and spend the day in pajamas. We work crazy hours and we don't eat right. I have to work hard to pull myself back in line. This takes action and that action leads to more. I am lost without meditation. I would have no discipline without it.

Lately I am having a problem keeping motivated. I think that its because I'm unsure of a few things, unfinished business and indecisive about my next move. This puts my Taurean nature into a tail spin. I need some electric spirits around me right now. People who eat healthy, think consciously and can inspire me. I may have to seek them out. I also take lots of breaks, go for drives and spend time with my granddaughter. She makes me think about things and wanting a better life for her naturally makes me want to work harder.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm another one, I confess, that is motivated by fear and responsibility more than anything.

I've been diabetic going on 30 years now (only 15 of those diagnosed), have carpal tunnel, some eye damage and nerve issues in the feet because of the diabetes. I've watched family members endure excrutiating medical procedures and die young because of this disease. It keeps me watching my diet and continually working to be more active (something that doesn't come naturally to me).

I've also been a single mom for the vast majority of my son's life....and, hokey as it sounds, I want to both give him a better life than I ever had, and also set a good example for him.

Honestly, I'd love to just lay around....be waited on....sleep. It seems like I never really get enough rest, or have a break that lasts more than a brief vacation (one of the reasons I treasure vacations so much)....but I don't want him to think that that's the way to live your life.

So....I keep working on being healthier....and I keep working at working....but I think it's more compulsion than inspiration.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,030 Times in 9,961 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I think for me, what drives and feeds my level of ambition or motivation is when I make time to be present in a natural setting. Sometimes, when I feel like I cannot make a decision or feel stranded by certain sets of circumstances, I find that carving time out of each day to go for a walk, really helps me.

I had this class, years ago, where our professor had us do a weeks worth of taking an hour or so out of each day and going for a walk. What he wanted us to do was notice the natural beauty on our walk and enter into our diary the things we noticed, the condition of the environment: for example, how the air smelled to the texture of leaves on plants or trees, things of this nature and to notice how we felt while immersed in time and space while on our daily 'time-out' - one might say. This exercise was really useful to me because when I spent time focusing on natural elements in the setting, wherever I spent time for my walk in nature, I came back to the present with less of a stressful state and a kind of renewed focus; which felt positive and invited me to think differently about things. The physical and mental exercise spent in a natural setting acted like a healing balm of sorts, for me.

Whenever I feel like I am standing still or stranded or find myself procrastinating on making a decision, I still do this kind of physical and mental exercise and nearly always find that I feel differently about things, than I did before I spent time deliberately taking in as much of nature to renew my sense of well-being.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: