Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-13-2020, 07:29 AM   #1
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default How has Covid-19 effected the way you move around daily?

The way we move around in our daily lives has changed from our "norm". How has it changed for you? What do you do differently? What have you stopped doing? Anything related to how Covid-19 has changes how you do things.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 07:37 AM   #2
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

One thing for me is my Mom. I didn't let her leave the house for almost 3 months. I picked up all of her requests and took them to her, but I haven't hugged my parents since April. THAT is killing me as I am a hugger.

Also I'm expecting to attend a grave side funeral next week and will see people I haven't seen in several years including my step children. Not hugging will be so hard. I realize it is a must.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 07:56 AM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm usually pretty good at recognizing my customers but now that half their faces are covered, half the time I don't know who I'm talking to unless they identify themselves.

I spend a good portion of the day cleaning surfaces with wipes.

Definitely no hugging or hand shakes or anything more than waves and air high fives.

I've worn my mask so much that I can see a slight difference in my skin tone between my forehead and the second half of my face.

If someone doesn't have a mask, I feel agitated and am quick to remind them to put one on before entering my workplace. I also feel free to feel Judgey McJudgerson when I see someone in a public place, like a grocery store, without one.

There's more of a feeling of disconnect to humanity now and a super charged connection to cleaning supplies and bathroom tissue.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default I believe Social Distancing saves your life.

If anything, I think Covid19 has magnified a fuck ton of critical issues, that ummm, impacts ones life in some form or another.

It has made me hyper conscious of people who cant stop picking their noses (YUKKO) and touching everything else.

It's also made me super aware of those who cant keep their hands to themselves. Inside my head, I hear myself screaming: "Keep your fucking hands off me and keeep your hands to yourself."

I try to see the positive side in life, but I would say that Covid19 has definitely uncovered glaring, problematic issues that are not easily solved.

Mainly, I think Covid19 will be around for quite awhile.

One thing that I think has helped a lot is Social Distancing. It is a lifesaver, for sure.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 12:35 PM   #5
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Well CCB and I really do live like hermits so the Covid didn't change too much in the social realm of our lives. It has changed how we shop and where we shop. It has added to both of our depressions some as well. We really do try to keep it fun though. I'm glad to have a rather small circle. It's hard to check up on everybody. We are definitely watching more tv. I'm becoming adventurous with the cooking too. Not always vegetarian but I'm trying to make things CCB can enjoy as well.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:06 PM   #6
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,108 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

So much has changed for me. I used to go out daily to work. I stay home 24/7. I used to work for other people. Now I work on my personal projects while looking for freelance work that allows me to work from home.

I used to go out for groceries to a number of different stores in my city. Now I primarily shop from 2 places with delivery service.

I used to eat out at least once a week. Sometimes on my own some times with others. Haven't done that in months.

I used to do shopping for one of my neighbors. Her ornery grandson now lives with her and I never see her.

Would try to catch one outdoor concert or live performance during the summer. I may not ever go to a concert hall again.

When I go out I always have a mask and gloves. Even to take out the garbage or to get the mail.

I eat a hell of a lot less and more healthful food. Stress (good and bad stress) drove my eating habits. I'm a bit stressed being inside 24/7 but it's manageable for me.

I'm more healthy than I've been in awhile.

I'm more cautious and afraid than I've been. Never, ever thought I'd live through something as devastating as this is turning out to be. Never.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: