Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > Canada Forums

Old 06-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #21
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default From the Valley

Waving from the Wet Coast. I don't even try to find stonebutches here in BC any more. I am just happy to meet gay women who are willing to let ME be the femme I am, talk about what I want and need, and hopefully, one day, Hy will appear. lol I believe you have to work with what you have. Years of wishing have left me lonely and alone.

Thanks for starting this thread, Leigh. Come on out to BC any time. My door is always open.

Namaste

p.s. I am still shy, innocent, demure, and naive, for anyone who has known me from other sites. :-)
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #22
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Will definitely be floating around World Pride in Toronto. I live literally a street away from the village, so its not as though I'd be able to avoid it even if I wanted to
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #23
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Oh, Canada!

On the eve of Canada Day I generally reflect on what it is to be a Canadian. As my computer is in the hospital at the moment and I only have access at work, I decided to post this a few days early. I have traveled a bit over the past two decades and in response to spending many Canada Day celebrations outside of Canada I share the following with you. (Note: I'm a life long Winnipegger and I write from that experience!) . Enjoy!

Deb

“Oh, Canada!”

Take a step back in time with me to when you were five or six years old. There you are, standing “at a tension” in the gym with the entire school for an assembly. You try your best to join in on a song you have only heard during Hockey Night in Canada if you were fortunate enough to have a television. Your arms are parallel to your body and your hands are pressed tightly to your thighs. Your eyes face forward and you see the principal standing stiffly at the front leading the school in our national anthem with the music teacher pounding out the melody on an old upright that has seen better days and is probably in need of a tuning. Though you are young, you sense that history is taking place although you can’t exactly come up with that word; you just know that this is an important moment in your life, a turning point. You have graduated from ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’ and ‘Mary had a Little Lamb’ to the big leagues. You now know a real song - a song that is majestic, patriotic, meaningful and a song that will follow you through your life.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

Throughout the world Canadians are known as peaceful people - peacekeepers, if you will. Many a time in my travels, after proudly admitting I’m Canadian, the response of those whose country I was visiting would change - huge smiles of welcome, shared memories of their visits to Niagara Falls, Banff, Vancouver and Churchill, comments on how cold it is here, and jokes about how big the mosquitoes are. Further discussion would lead to comments about our role in promoting world peace and sending aid to countries in need. People would ask me why we do so much for the world, why don’t we simply take care of only ourselves. And I would tell them, its because we are Canadian - it is in our social fabric to reach out, lend a helping hand by volunteering our services to aid all people and make the world a better place for all inhabitants. Our ability and desire to give is a direct reflection of the freedom we have as Canadians. Until you go away you just don’t know what you are missing because you’ve taken it for granted all your life. It is a gift to live in Canada.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

Go back to that five or six year old and picture yourself standing outside in the school yard while the janitor hoists a rectangle of red and white (and blue for the Union Jack). The cloth climbs and climbs to heights unknown and as you watch, a breeze picks up the end of the fabric and seemingly inflates the flag to its full breadth. As it flutters and flaps in the wind you gaze past it into the sky and you imagine yourself up there at the top of the pole looking toward the horizon. For me, I would see the endless prairies - a patchwork of greens, browns and yellows, with ribbons of blue meandering through it. If I could have looked all the way East I would see the entire Canadian Shield, the Great Lakes, the Laurentians, right to the fishing boats off the coast of Labrador. To the West I would have seen the quilted land rise and fall with buttes and coulees until you reached the majestic Rocky Mountains and beyond to the Kootenays and the Okanagan Valley and down to the Coast. To the North I would have seen an endless landscape of snow, polar bears, igloos and Eskimos who were noted for kissing with their noses (go figure, that was a known ‘fact’ when I was a kid!). To the South were ‘The States’ but I didn’t really know what that meant. With this geographical ‘knowledge’ of my country ever present as I grew up, I began to learn about Canada’s history and how it was an entity that had come into its own decades before I was born and continues to evolve to this day. Look around you and really ‘see’ the people in your world. Whether you are Korean, Chilean, Swiss, Russian, Sri Lankan, Thai, British, American or ???, know that you have made a difference to the fabric of Canada by living here.

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

I have celebrated ‘Canada Day’ all over the country and the world. It seems to me the days of simply having picnics, baseball games or fireworks at Assiniboine Park are passe. Now, every town has chosen to have a festival, Wonder Show rides, live music, craft sales, or possibly the ever popular Karaoke contest in Canadian Idol style. Many houses have Canadian flags flying; red and white balloons decorate businesses and garage sale signs; the ‘bang for your buck’ stores sell China-made ‘Canadiana’ stuff that ranges from tasteful to tacky and people are buying it and displaying it proudly! I too buy into this thinking. While living abroad I celebrated Canada Day by going to events organized by the local Canadian Chamber of Commerce or Canadian Embassy. I wore red and white to school on July 1st; I joined other teachers in hosting a Canada Day assembly and participated with my students (yes, indeed, those four year olds could belt it out with the best of us) in the singing of ‘O Canada’. And every year while singing, as tears of joy would stream down my face, I would offer up a silent prayer of thanks for my good fortune at being a Canadian.

God keep our land glorious and free!

My life journey has taken me all over the world. After several years of living and teaching in Southeast Asia, my employer hosted a farewell party for staff, including myself, who were moving on. A hot, humid day in April found us gathered together telling each other we would keep in touch, extending invitations to come to Canada, sharing e-mail addresses and promising to write. Typically, many speeches were made interspersed with a plethora of dances, skits and songs. As the party progressed we Canadians who were leaving had begun to focus on our upcoming adventures while our Asian co-workers were beginning to mourn the emptiness tomorrow would bring to their lives. An announcement was made that there would be a final tribute to the departing Canadians. As many of us sat in wonder at what could ice the cake after all that we had shared this afternoon from food to entertainment to gifts, our Asian co-workers assembled themselves to sing one final song. As the opening bars of the song began, the six year old within me slowly surfaced. In awe and wonder I rose, placed my arms tightly against my sides and faced forward to see my Asian co-workers in a new light - their eyes focused on sheets of music, singing unfamiliar words with enthusiasm, joy and respect, leading us in our national anthem. As my mouth opened to join in, my face streamed with tears of pride and love for my heritage and my heart soared with longing and appreciation for the ‘land glorious and free’. The first real song I learned so many years ago - received by others and given back - a priceless parting gift, a humble honour, and a gentle reminder that life is good.
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #24
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Today marks the 25th anniversary of the Montreal Polytechnique shootings.

Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #25
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default Did I say that?

I have certainly changed my way of thinking since July. lol I have started going to Meet Ups in the area. There are a lot of interesting people out there! Just checking in with out Canadians.

Waving at Candelion, sista friend!
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #26
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey, Fever! Right back at ya! Don't burn down my old hometown...I like to come back every once in a while. May the giant raspberry forever stand tall and proud.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #27
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Member Photo Albums

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #28
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Member Photo Albums

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #29
SaltyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/she/hey you.....
Relationship Status:
open to the possibilities

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 5

Thanked 1,635 Times in 301 Posts
SaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I am so enjoying this Fall like weather for Winter, can we just keep it like this for the whole Winter...please...imagine a year ago we had one of the worst ice storms ever.
SaltyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SaltyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 06:12 PM   #30
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 2,414 Times in 362 Posts
Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I agree, Salty! This winter beats the pants off last winter! It was brutal! We had a green Christmas out here this year and so far, most of the snow that has fallen in the past two months hasn't stayed for more than a day or two. I normally shy away from praising any aspects of climate change, but dammit, after last winter, I'm okay with admitting I like this one...

This was me (most Canadians, really) this time last year for comparison:

I haven't had to shovel once so far and I am a very happy Maritimer!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #31
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Member Photo Albums

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #32
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,844 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/its-l...re#.uvddvdO2jA
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #33
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

HAPPY CANADA DAY ALL YOU GLORIOUS CANADIANS!!!!!!

Sent from the Nation's Capital ...Coast to Coast! Left and Right!
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #34
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Bump Bump....Not many of us so we have to do double duty:

HAPPY CANADA DAY ALL YOU GLORIOUS CANADIANS!!!!!!

Sent from the Nation's Capital ...Coast to Coast! Left and Right!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #35
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,844 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #36
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Happy Canada day to our neighbors to the North!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #37
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Was a glorious Canada Day here in Ottawa despite the rain , wind and chill. Fireworks went on despite the weather and good spirits everywhere. Now nightfall comes and the drunks will be out in force...screaming, yelling , puking...oh well, I guess you're only young and stupid once...well, young, anyway.

Happy Canada to all you Canadians and all you wannabes...lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #38
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Member Photo Albums

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #39
SaltyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/she/hey you.....
Relationship Status:
open to the possibilities

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 5

Thanked 1,635 Times in 301 Posts
SaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST Reputation

So my fellow Canadians...what are your thoughts about the recent election. Do you think a majority government is a good thing? What do you think about the worlds reaction to Justin's comment about his cabinet?

I think this government has alot to live up to...he has so far done what he said he was going to do but it is still early. If he does only a little for our country that his father did, we will be a very lucky country. I for one am looking forward to the future, and can already feel the paradigm shift that this election has done in regards to how other countries feel about my beloved Canada.
SaltyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #40
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good job, neighbors!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...ment-1.3446720

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
butch, canada, femme