Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #2821
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got to the gym around 7:30 this morning and got in a good workout for Turkey Day.

Technogym Excite elliptical
263 cal, 1.18 mi, 31:00 min

Rower
91 cal, unknown distance because I am suffering from fat finger syndrome today, 10:00 min

Precor 954i treadmill
75.7 cal, .78 mi, 18:00 min

I stretched and was out of there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #2822
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am practicing (and have for a couple of days) exercising my right arm to mouth workout. You know, asymmetric upper body drills... (um, yeah)

Hey! It gives me a reason to "renew" my efforts next week!

That's gonna suck, but today is fun.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #2823
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Today I walked around downtown for about 2.5 hours. My pedometer said 6700 steps...

Then I took the dogs on a challenging hike. All uphill... the views made it worth it. Downhill is always harder for me. I was just SO happy that my ankle is finally feeling good enough for hiking.

When I was coming down, I ran into a nice couple. They told me of another spot nearby. I'm going to try it Saturday if weather and Ankle hold up well
Old 11-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #2824
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not today but yesterday

I started with a Precor EFX machine that kicked my butt. That's what I get for choosing the total body program. At least I had the sense to get off before something fell off.

162.7 cal, 1.38 mi, 20:00 min

Machine 2 = Precor 954i treadmill

184.4 cal, 1.75 mi, 35:00 min

There were 3 broken treadmills in a line of 5. No lights, no beeping; no one was home.

A few minutes of stretching and I was off for the day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #2825
boioboi

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them or ze/zer
Relationship Status:
Happily Committed

boioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputation

It didn't happen. Hasn't been happening because of how busy I've been. I feel so much better physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, when I exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. ...now the only trick is trying to convince myself that I'm worthy of spending time away from studying.
boioboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boioboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #2826
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It was my version of a quickie today.

I did the Precor EFX 576i machine on the today body program for half an hour.

286.0 cal, 2.43 mi, 35:00 min and 3810 strides total

I followed that up with about 8-10 minutes of stretching.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 12-03-2015 at 09:30 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2015, 11:23 AM   #2827
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It's been 10 days since my last official gym workout. In between that time, I got lazy, I sprained/broke/not sure/it doesn't matter/it just hurts a toe, I'm hemorrhaging (as usual) and I just don't plain feel up to snuff lately. There's a lot of emotional stuff and loss going on right now, so that's affecting me as well, but I did drag myself there this morning and I didn't die or suffer greatly for it. It may have even been a little helpful.

I hopped onto a Matrix recumbent bike first. Level 3 with the rolling hills program.

143 cal, 6.6 mi, 32:00 min

Concept 3 rower next. Level 1.

108 cal, 2068 meters, 11:00 min

Precor 954i treadmill last. Performance program, level 1.

49.0 cal, .44 mi, 15:00 min

I followed that up with some stretching in the dark dance class room. It was relaxing and no one could see me in my weird contortions, so that relaxed me further.

Good times.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:40 PM   #2828
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Yes I'm posting here. Those of you that know me know I'm NOT an excerise person. So hold your seats I joined a gym. Been there every day. Walking on the treadmill 30 minutes at the time.

Yesterday I meet with a trainer who I swear tried to kill me. I can't move today. Took me 5 minutes longer to do my morning walk but I got it done.

I started a plant based diet today. Not sure I'm going to b able to do the smoothie thing but I'm going to try.

I'm determined to get in shape but I know its a long road. I am watching my progress daily. It is happening or was before the trainer.

The first time on the treadmill I was lucky to do 2.5 laps within 4 days I'm up to almost 5 laps in 30 minutes. I'm increasing the amount of time I walk Cody every day. Right now its once around my apartment complex starting tomorrow it will be 2 rounds.

Thank you for listening I will update more later.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #2829
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Note to Gemme:

Every trainer I've ever had has said that the rowing machine is the most over looked piece of machinery and yet its one of the very best bang for your buck. I know my tummy even felt it when I used to use the rower at the gym...

I'd totally like to get a decent home version....if anyone sees or hears of anything please let me know!
Old 12-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #2830
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

I have missed every workout this week AND I have eaten more than usual.... Back to the workout tomorrow AM.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 05:51 AM   #2831
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

One walk down. Wasn't able to do 2 rounds was barely able to get out of bed.

So week 1 in the books. This is what I have found out. I'm slow BUT steady. Doubled my lap count on the treadmill. I know eating heavy is going to kill me won't do it again.

Goals for this week.
1. Add the extra round to my morning and evening walks.
2. Try by Friday to have added 15 minutes to my treadmill walk.

3. Stick to this new diet. Not that easy folks

I will update later, not for y'all but to keep me accountable. Have a great day
Old 12-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #2832
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

This morning, I got a good but short workout in and followed it with a decent stretch.

I hopped onto the Precor EFX576i elliptical and off I went!

291.2 cal, 2.45 mi, 35:00 min

For something different: 3910 strides taken.

I earned that sh*t today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #2833
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I tried something new today, exercisers.

I started on the Technogym elliptical to warm up.

95 cal, .40 mi, 13:00 min

Then I went through a whole section of weighted machines and tried each one, with varying levels of success. Some of them are stupid. That's all I have to say about that.

I did 12 reps on each machine. Just enough to figure out if I like it and to remind my body what it's supposed to do on the machines.

While there were the usual machines, there were some different ones too. Their ab crunch machine has straps like you are being buckled into a race car and you use the ends of the straps to hold on to. It's okay, though. I liked it. They have both Technogym and Trotter machines in the area I was working in. The Trotter machines are ancient and confusing. The leg curl had two pads and I couldn't figure out where I should put my legs because it restricted my movements too much no matter what I did. Also, the ab/adductor machine is on meth. Or something. It's ridiculous and probably as old as I am. Luckily, the Technogym machines were far more easy to use.

Once I finished my rounds there, I hopped onto the Technogym treadmill and walked to cool down and relax.

44 cal, .43 mi, 11:00 min

I finished up with some stretching. Had to do the stretches out in the middle of the main room as the room off to the side had a class going on.

All in all, it wasn't a bad workout.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:46 PM   #2834
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Here's an update.

Had to take 2 days off because of the pain. Back in the gym today. Been a week so I weighted in. Down 5 lbs. I know its not much however I prefer it slowly coming off so it will stay off.

My heart rate today didn't get above 115 compared to being lucky to keep it at 126 last week.

The diet is coming along. I have to confess I have cheated with 3 meals but I'm determined to quit giving in.

Oh 1 more thing. When I started I was barely able to keep up with 1.0 as the speed on the treadmill up to 2.4. I hope to increase it every cpl of days.

Have a great day.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #2835
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I did a short but intense workout this morning.

Precor EFX 576i elliptical.

312.0 cal, 2.52 mi, 4220 strides, 35:00 min

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #2836
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I've been slacking lately. A lot. Since rehabbing for my shoulder, I managed to sprain my MCL. So my shoulder isn't quite 100% and my knee is limiting me further.

I have started wearing my Fitbit again though. My new job has me walking a lot more than in the past, which is helpful.

After the New Year, when (hopefully) I am healthy again, and I can finally stabilize my routine a little bit, I really want to get into a good habit of making it to the gym regularly.

Plus crossfit is really bit up here. And my sister does it a few times a week with a group of people, who have invited me to join. I think I will start doing that as well.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #2837
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good workout this morning, exercisers!

It was Team Precor all the way today. I started on the elliptical and moved to the treadmill before stretching on the mat.

285.8 cal, 2.41 mi, 3746 strides, 35:00 min

I worked hard and didn't slack at all but didn't push myself as hard as I did Thursday either.

I did two short running intervals and walked comfortably the rest of the time.

92.4 cal, .79 mi, 20:00 min

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #2838
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I won't work out tomorrow so I wanted this one to be a good one. I think I should have changed it a bit or waited a bit longer before jumping on the rower though. The motion squished my tummy and that didn't feel good.

Trio workout

Concept 2 rower: 103 cal, 1946 meters, 10:00 min

Precor 846i recumbent bike: 103 cal, 3.70 mi, 22:00 min

Precor 954i treadmill: 106.0 cal, .97 mi, 20:00 min
I did a short jog/run 4.0-5.0 mph halfway through.

I'm starting to have a bit more trouble with my deviated septum too. It's starting to get harder for me to catch my breath after I exert myself. I didn't think it was bad enough to consider surgery but maybe I will check into it.

Hey, if you ever wonder if you are getting older, stick your hands under one of those high power air hand dryers. Like ripples in a pond....

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:52 AM   #2839
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

My sister dragged me out to do a Pure Barre workout yesterday. Holy shit! For being a strictly body weight workout, it was super tough. And I sweating by the gallon. I think me and the couple of guys in the class suffered more than the women that took us there.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #2840
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had a decent workout this morning.

Precor EFX 546i elliptical (this one doesn't have mobile handles and some different program options)

270.6 cal, 2.33 mi, 4121 strides, 35:00 min
circuit training program
stretch to finish

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
exercise, weights