Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-11-2016, 11:33 PM   #3621
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Thank you for all the sweet notes of support!

I was moved to a small nursing facility for two weeks of intense physical therapy, to help me regain more of my natural mobility.

The staff at the trauma center was so sweet to me, and sent me off earlier this afternoon.

My new room mate is an incredibly sweet 84 yo woman who is dying of lung cancer. Her nursing staff and doctor don't think she'll make it past spring. She listens to Henry Mancini, lots of beautiful songs I've always liked too.

Sooooooo, I'm lighting a candle for her tonight. And lighting mine again.... And lighting candles for others, too.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, you are in our thoughts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2016, 05:34 AM   #3622
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Katz,

I hope the moving part wasn't too painful, and that you continue to heal each and every day. Soon you will be back home and moving forward with your life.

Jesse

Quote:
Thank you for all the sweet notes of support!

I was moved to a small nursing facility for two weeks of intense physical therapy, to help me regain more of my natural mobility.

The staff at the trauma center was so sweet to me, and sent me off earlier this afternoon.

My new room mate is an incredibly sweet 84 yo woman who is dying of lung cancer. Her nursing staff and doctor don't think she'll make it past spring. She listens to Henry Mancini, lots of beautiful songs I've always liked too.

Sooooooo, I'm lighting a candle for her tonight. And lighting mine again.... And lighting candles for others, too.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #3623
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,014 Times in 9,951 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Katz,

I hope the moving part wasn't too painful, and that you continue to heal each and every day. Soon you will be back home and moving forward with your life.

Jesse
Trust me, Jesse, I was in tons of pain but managed to keep my wits about me (sometimes that's a really hard thing for me to do).

Thank you..... thank you for all the support you've been to me. You make my heart smile.... and I love it how you tease me about long orchestrated sentences (LOL).

You're simply wonderful, ((( Jesse ))).

And yes, I will be home soon. One day at a time. Or if necessary, one moment at a time.

--- Kätzchen
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2016, 06:15 PM   #3624
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Soooo , last night around 10:30 my mom drops an emotionally loaded bomb on me (by text), which led to me talking to another brother, which then led to a nurse following me to my secret hiding place to have this talk with my eldest brother, saying she was checking up on me because ... she overheard my side of the conversation (my voice was increasingly rising , fearful, high anxiety, massive stress overload) which prompted her to take my vitals.

To make it short : my blood pressure was off the charts, she kept retaking it because she couldn't believe what she was seeing, plus on top of it, my bp broke their high tech BP machine.

Quickly explaining why my pressure was soaring; and that moving quickly to my safe location was putting pressure on my fractured lumbar area, was enough to buy time to de-escalste from really horrifying news.

My best friend explained to me that it is probably in my best interest to go on a short term blood pressure management medication, so I can springboard myself to freedom next week.

The saving grace of my day today was not only my best friend but the little 80+ yo lady I share my room with. We listened to classic country music all morning, I fixed her hair, made her bed for her, took care of her so she'd be in good shape when her husband came over to take her out for dinner activities.

She told me today that she's glad we became roommates because no one could ever stay long in her room (she's actively dying each day, it's a heart breaker).

I'm lighting candles for us both tonight and anyone else out there that needs the presence of candle light in their life tonight.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #3625
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Today was a really long day..... my health team had its first conference and we submitted our goal planning menu in favor of 4 more weeks of PT/OT, which I might go home by Christmas. Right now, I'm kind of rolling with several ideas on what to do with my apt, in case going home by Christmas isn't a possibility. That's the trouble with being t-boned and having extensive lumbar fractures..... I have mobility impacts that are tricky to work with, but I'm really lucky that my nursing and PT team are looking out for me and planning for the best possible outcome.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 10:25 AM   #3626
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Yesterday I was given some good news, which brightened my day and felt like a huge burden life from my shoulders. People on my team have been working around the clock to not only help me relearn simple things to take care of me and improve my balance, so I can go home, but my financial situation improved greatly because my comp claims counselor approved loss of income checks to keep me afloat, until I return to work.

Lots of former employers on campus reached out to me too, as well as my current boss --who has been with me every step of the recovery process. And, my best friend (C ) has helped me navigate keeping my home secure, picking up my mail, etc.

I'm getting closer to being released to go home. Once I am stable enough to go home, then my team will submit post-rehab care with PT so I can work toward stronger endurance of physical activity I once enjoyed before the car crash that nearly killed me.

I'm grateful for each day, grateful for the love and affection of friends and family, and grateful to be present in my dying room mates life. She's a sweetheart and I plan to follow up with her as her life draws to a close. I want to see her off, as she takes off on the wings of angels.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #3627
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yesterday I was given some good news, which brightened my day and felt like a huge burden life from my shoulders. People on my team have been working around the clock to not only help me relearn simple things to take care of me and improve my balance, so I can go home, but my financial situation improved greatly because my comp claims counselor approved loss of income checks to keep me afloat, until I return to work.

Lots of former employers on campus reached out to me too, as well as my current boss --who has been with me every step of the recovery process. And, my best friend (C ) has helped me navigate keeping my home secure, picking up my mail, etc.

I'm getting closer to being released to go home. Once I am stable enough to go home, then my team will submit post-rehab care with PT so I can work toward stronger endurance of physical activity I once enjoyed before the car crash that nearly killed me.

I'm grateful for each day, grateful for the love and affection of friends and family, and grateful to be present in my dying room mates life. She's a sweetheart and I plan to follow up with her as her life draws to a close. I want to see her off as she takes off on the wings of angels.

Hi friend, you have been on my mind. I hope that you are healing well and can return to your life pain free.
Chad
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #3628
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hi friend, you have been on my mind. I hope that you are healing well and can return to your life pain free.
Chad
Thank you Chad, thank you so much.

I had several set backs during the week, but kept moving toward goals set by my Physical Therapist (I suspect she's a butch lesbian, very strong, very caring, it's been so nice to have her as my therapist ). Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts for speedy healing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #3629
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Thank you Chad, thank you so much.

I had several set backs during the week, but kept moving toward goals set by my Physical Therapist (I suspect she's a butch lesbian, very strong, very caring, it's been so nice to have her as my therapist ). Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts for speedy healing.
Hang in there friend and fight for your health. I will keep you in my thoughts.
Chad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2016, 07:36 PM   #3630
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation

Today I light a candle for all that are feeling down or depressed due to
the holidays coming....

I light another candle for all that are suffering with an illness or recovering from one.
I don't know you Chad but I hope your getting stronger every day....
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 06:55 PM   #3631
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Today I got news that next week I will go home.... my best friend (C) will go over to my house and clean out the fridge and get it ready for new groceries. Hopefully my boss will have a lead on an extra set of box springs to get my bed up higher, so I can get in and out of bed on my own at home. I will get to see my dentist next week too, so my fractured teeth will be fixed (steering wheels can be very dangerous).

My nursing and PT team will transfer my care to home health, so I can receive care at home until I am stabilized enough to travel on my own to out-patient PT clinic for followup care to help me return to work by late spring.

I will miss my elderly room mate who's been an absolute jewel of a beautiful soul....she's dying from lung cancer. She never smoked a day in her life, so it's incredibly sad what cancer will do when it takes over your body. I hope to be well enough to come back and see her, before she flies on the wings of angels.

Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts for my own wellness and recovery since my near-fatal accident while on the job. I appreciate everyone's support on my journey back to wellness.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #3632
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Lighting a candle for my family, but mostly my Tx family. My first cousin was killed in a single car accident last night. As little boys we were very close, until both our families moved out of state. Then we grew up and life happens. As you might remember his Mom died suddenly due to complications from cancer back in the Spring.

Tough year

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2016, 11:09 PM   #3633
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

I want to light a candle for my new online friend , Leftwritefemme
hope you feel a bit better today.....

Last edited by pumpndude; 11-30-2016 at 11:10 PM. Reason: left out word
pumpndude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 06:49 PM   #3634
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Hello and happy Thursday to all.

Just wanted to share today that I will be going home tomorrow and am happy to go home. It's been a long 4 weeks of therapy and diligent nursing that has counted toward my recovery and made it possible to go home.

I'm feeling sad for my room mate tonight. Yesterday was a very hard day on her. Her daughter (who also is fighting cancer) and her husband gave her the news that they're selling all their possessions and moving her husband to a less costly home, so they can hurdle the massive expense that will break them financially as her life comes to a close. Which isn't long from now.... this is the last Christmas she will have with family. Worse, she had to sign her final papers in preparation for her funeral.... and to kick start the last of medicaid to help ease the financial burden of dying. She cried all day yesterday. Her husband caved into tears too. He just held her for the longest time.... they've been together nearly 60+ years. Did I mention that my best friend and I couldn't put a finger on how her unusual name seemed so familiar to us? We discovered two days ago that she frequented a salon we both managed, for many years....only to find her here and I being her room mate. It's such a small small world.

I've made a few friends during my stay of recovery and I expect that at sometime in the future, I will most likely devote my time and energy to volunteering in some way to help clients who are long or short term recovery projects.

If you've stayed with me this far, please know how grateful I am for your good thoughts and prayers and energy in wishing the best recovery. I appreciate all of you, so very much.

--Kätzchen--

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 08:22 PM   #3635
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Just wanted to share today that I will be going home tomorrow and am happy to go home. It's been a long 4 weeks of therapy and diligent nursing that has counted toward my recovery and made it possible to go home.

I'm feeling sad for my room mate tonight. Yesterday was a very hard day on her. Her daughter (who also is fighting cancer) and her husband gave her the news that they're selling all their possessions and moving her husband to a less costly home, so they can hurdle the massive expense that will break them financially as her life comes to a close. Which isn't long from now.... this is the last Christmas she will have with family. Worse, she had to sign her final papers in preparation for her funeral.... and to kick start the last of medicaid to help ease the financial burden of dying. She cried all day yesterday. Her husband caved into tears too. He just held her for the longest time.... they've been together nearly 60+ years. Did I mention that my best friend and I couldn't put a finger on how her unusual name seemed so familiar to us? We discovered two days ago that she frequented a salon we both managed, for many years....only to find her here and I being her room mate. It's such a small small world.

I've made a few friends during my stay of recovery and I expect that at sometime in the future, I will most likely devote my time and energy to volunteering in some way to help clients who are long or short term recovery projects.

If you've stayed with me this far, please know how grateful I am for your good thoughts and prayers and energy in wishing the best recovery. I appreciate all of you, so very much.

--Kätzchen--

Joy, sadness, and goosebumps with all of this combined. I'm so glad you are going home.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #3636
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:

--Kätzchen--

I am sorry friend, that sounds really hard and sad. You are in my thoughts.
Stay strong friend,
Chad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #3637
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Candle

My only aunt is having surgery tomorrow. They found a tumor the size of a grapefruit inside her body. She is 78 years old but pretty healthy. I will be thinking of her and wishing for the best. I would appreciate it if anyone else wanted to send some good energy for my aunt.

Thank you, Chad
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #3638
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
My only aunt is having surgery tomorrow. They found a tumor the size of a grapefruit inside her body. She is 78 years old but pretty healthy. I will be thinking of her and wishing for the best. I would appreciate it if anyone else wanted to send some good energy for my aunt.

Thank you, Chad

My aunt made it through the surgery last night. She has a long road of recovery ahead but I think the worst is over.

Thank you for sending positive energy.
Chad
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #3639
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Just to quickly check in, tonight:

Last Friday my therapy session was intensely painful and caused waves of nausea, that it caused me to pass out and experience an extreme vaso-vascular event, which sent me to the hospital. I can't say that I am magically better because I"m not, but my nursing team is rapidly addressing the issue and we have other plans for my health care put in place, as of today.

That said, lol, my weekend was spent elsewhere due to snow, ice and a long power outtage.....so my Cuban Sugarman and I made up for that yesterday. He is the light of my life. He lives to serve me and make me happy by doing all the sweet thoughtful things that just bowl me over. I love him dearly! He makes me smile a cazillion watt smile daily....I've never been so happy or felt so loved or desired. He blows my mind. We're falling in love with each other as the days and nights roll by, and it's all the sweeter, that we found each other like we did.

He's the love of my life.

Anyway, I don't think too far into the future because what is going on with my recovery and our love as it blooms, is all that I could ever ask for ....my dream has come true, and just wanted to share my happiness with friends tonight.

Thanks for all the support and good wishes for wellness.

Ps/ my new friend, Susie is almost over pneumonia and her husband came to see her, weekend before last, so she doing much better. My former room mate isn't doing well, but I've got a plan to try and see her after Christmas .
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2016, 03:10 PM   #3640
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default Christmas Eve

I just wanted to stop by again and leave an update for friends in our community here at the Planet.

Each day that goes by, I get better, then I'm not better better, but I'm doing all I can to assist my recovery. I might have some level of disability, though. But in any case, I plan to enjoy life and continue to be of service at work, if it turns out that I can return to work (at all).

More importantly, I want to ask for good thoughts and prayers and lots of healing light, for my boyfriend -- Juan.

Before Juan found me at the nursing home and began to woo me, he told me about nearly dying from colon cancer and how his family abandoned him, left him for dead, never cared about him or came to see him at the hospital or nursing home. Juan is 52, fearless, strong as hell, fucking funny, and I adore him to heaven and back. He's going into the hospital next week for second rounds of chemo and radiation treatments. His nursing team says that if he survives the next rounds of treatment, that he's got a second chance to live, again.

So, Juan and I are drawing especially close together this weekend, as we prepare for a rough week ahead.

Please keep us in your prayers for the best outcome ever.

Love,
Kātzchen
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: