Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central

Newbie Central Newbies start here! A place to ask questions, get answers, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with other folks from ButchFemmePlanet.com

Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #21
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to the Planet Grace!

Lots of interesting, warm and great femme friends and many handsome tomboys (to use the vernacular of Thailand for butches).

I hope you will like it here!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceinbangkok View Post
There were two clubs on RCA, EFun (with a double female symbol and the slogan "Extreme Fun for Ladies") which closed a couple of years ago, and Zeta which is still open but IMHO been ruined by the new management, which in opinion is very sexist. There is a new club called Diva where EFun used to be but when i went it was not very exciting. The new owner of Zeta is modeling it more along a gay club. Before the staff was all-female, and no men allowed - last time I went they had men working the door and as deejays (Diva did as well, though) and I saw one guy inside at a table. so changing. I complained about the the increased number of men working there and was old "women cannot manage" and "women steal" - after that they are on my crap-list and if my friend quits working there I won't go any more...

There is a club called Lick too, but a bit hard to find. The tom-dee group Lesla will have a party next month at a bar on Phaholyothin, hope it will continue. And there was a farang oriented party on Sukhumvit but I think the organizers are a bit burnt out...

The woman you mentioned, was it Dee Lesla (I'm sure not her real name)? She is behind the current Lesla group, and maybe was before... I believe she has ran some clubs in the past but not sure which ones. Given that there is such a huge gay male scene here in Bangkok, I don't know why so few lesbian ones.

Hopefully my pub/cafe idea will see fruition after my financial obligations are all taken care of. I got the idea after watching the South Korean drama "Daughters of Club Bilitis" - want a place for all ages, Thai, Farang and others, but women only ... maybe have some speakers (Allison Bechtel would be my dream LOL), TVs showing LGBT movies, a small bookshop, and maybe try to put out a newsletter. I am thinking I can do it in about 4 years if I can break even or lose only a minimal amount...

Or maybe I am just a dreamer LOL...
Zeta was the bar / club at RCA but a year or two after it opened, the woman who owned it opened another bar. I totally forget the name but almost certain that it began with "S". It was over two stories with pool tables on the upper floor and, all-in-all, a bit nicer than Zeta.

The other place I remember was an informal restaurant / bar called Vega. This was in the Shukhumvit area, down a soi on the opposite side from the Emporium. It was nothing special as regards food or the surroundings but could often get a good atmosphere in the evenings. From what I recall, it was owned by a Thai lesbian couple.

As someone who used to have minor business interests in Thailand, I admire your ambition. That said, as you will know much better than I do, it can be very challenging for non-Thais to set up and successfully drive businesses in Bangkok for a whole host of legal and cultural issues. At the very least, you'll need a Thai partner (in a business sense, not romantically) to avoid much of the red tape and, even then, you'll likely need to not have a nervous disposition to make things work.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #23
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Hi grace, welcome 2 the planet.....
Your member name makes me thnk of this song.
" one night in Bangkok,"

[nomedia="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9cNtrrCP0E"]YouTube - One Night In Bangkok ... Murray Head[/nomedia]

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #24
LuckyButch-1982

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy,hym
Relationship Status:
Single

LuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceinbangkok View Post
Ocean, thank you for the welcome, I am sure I will... I fell in love with Thailand the first time I visited, back in 2006... But I have always loved Asia and been drawn here, and Thailand has a fairly open lesbian community. I have found no one seems to judge you here, plus the cost of living is fairly low... I may go to China for a time, or even back to the states, but I believe that Thailand will be my home You should visit Thailand sometime...
Hi,I am in China,central part.
LuckyButch-1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #25
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

WELCOME !
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #26
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Default Also a "newbie"

Hi Grace. Welcome. I just got here myself. I'm sure you're going to like it. I'm intrigued & impressed with your knowledge & love for another country & culture. The epitome of an adventurous spirit.