Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that Primal Therapy is beneficial for expressing and releasing emotional frustrations, rather than repressing them, and doing or saying certain things to people you may later regret. For example: Since I live alone in a wooded area with alot of animals, I growl, bark, groan, snort, hiss, hoot, whisle, screech, squeak, cluck, click, coo, caw, crawl, walk on all fours, etc. Tonight, it was very windy, and I put on an overcoat with long sleeves, and ran around in the woods flapping my arms like a bird, making bird sounds. I had alot on my mind, but before long, I started laughing at myself, and the way my cats were watching, and it felt great. I do this therapy mainly at night, before dawn, or when no one's around lol.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #182
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned not to be judgmental about people.You know,shoot first and ask questions later.I treat everyone with the same respect i'm given but my kindness is NOT my weakness as some so unfortunately find out.As i have grown older and 'evolved' i finally got it that my mouth can be my worse enemy and that if i can keep it shut for the first 5 minutes in any conversation then more the better.I'm talking about relating better with people and it has helped me tremendously not only in my personal life but in the workforce.I still talk a mile a minute(i mean talk not type) the only difference these days is that i'm also listening.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #183
Artzy76

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The Girlie kinds :)
Relationship Status:
Singular

Artzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST ReputationArtzy76 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Silly but true ... at least for me...

I have learned that the the hokey pokey was a fun game as a child that was teaching us something much more profound that we realized...
As an adult I must say I have learned to ...
SHAKE IT OUT...
Do the Hokey pokey and turn your self around .. and THAT'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT....

At any moment in your life you get to reflect and get the choice to change things around be it positive or negative it is a choice!

Am doing the hokey pokey these days... turning things around... and I get to have fun while embracing these changes! YAY!
Artzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #184
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned, or admitted recently, that I'm a terrible judge of character.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #185
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned, I'm not perfect and it's ok
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 05:26 AM   #186
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I've learned, I'm not perfect and it's ok

I've learned many things through the years, No one is perfect and that's ok, and that you have to look with both eyes opened and not with your eyes covered while peeking through the cracks of your fingers.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #187
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

People on the "good" side of things are still capable of being full of bitterness, ignorance and hate.

Extremists exist on both sides of every issue.

If anything Bigotry is the true enemy. Ignorance can be fought with education and kindness. Fighting fire with fire just makes things worse.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #188
SirenManda

How Do You Identify?:
I don’t want contact.

SirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned professionally everyone isn't what they seem. The same people who have a stern face and put on that mask of no emotions also have deep feelings and can be easily connected with if you try hard enough.

Also learned people aren't meant to live forever, and those who pass teach us something we wouldn't have learned without their absence. Losing my father to cancer was the most monumental change in my life, but I wouldn't be where I am if it didn't change me.
SirenManda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SirenManda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #189
stormprincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

stormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

I have learned patience with people I used to have a low tolerance for.
I have learned tolerance for myself.
i have learned to take care of me, and stop sacrificing my needs to make everyone else happy.
i have learned that family isnt always blood related..
Old 09-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #190
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that.... I need to have more patience
I have learned that.... I need to take care of myself, for a change
I have learned that... I can manage my own money

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #191
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Live in the moment
The past is gone and the future is not here
Don't have expectations
The only thing I can depend on are my dogs and,
In the end, It's only me, myself and I.

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #192
stormprincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

stormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputationstormprincess Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that zebra stripes maybe not be a zebra
I have learned that you should learn before you trust.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #193
stormprincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

I have learned who my friends are this few weeks.
I have learned how to let go of what is negative to my soul.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #194
stormprincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I've learned, or admitted recently, that I'm a terrible judge of character.
Sometimes its not you who is a bad judge of character, more that it is those who hide in sheeps clothing ...
Old 10-04-2014, 01:11 AM   #195
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
This can be anything...that's changed your mind, your routine, your ethics,..everything here is worthy of listening to, so don't be shy Thanks
Thank you kittygrrl.
Under "Life, Thinking Harder, What have I learned"....

After reading a really good book to help me with my Advocacy work ...Learning, understanding and becoming aware of the following information has helped me change my routine, empowered me in several ways and enhanced my "red flag radar" ....
(I'm sorry for the photo of the guy, I couldn't find another image that worked)
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #196
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned that things (and people) aren't always what they seem...

Words are just words until they're backed up with action

Your time is often the greatest gift you can ever give
Old 10-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #197
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned that friendship is precious, and you can't share it with just anyone.

I've learned that it's easy for me to give respect, and just as easy for me to take it back

I've learned that helping others as I was taught to do from childhood, is most rewarding, even more rewarding is I was taught to give without expecting or asking for anything in return

I've learned that if you don't ever expect anything out of someone, they will never disappoint you.

I've learned that there are many things in life that make me happy. Most are the very most simple things in life.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #198
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default .

Reminded about life..... My mother and her dementia ... She would NEVER increase her abilities... Now 10 yrs later fresh diagnosis ..... We need to not try correct him'
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #199
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

1 Highscore

firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ..

Ten yes later my father has dementia issues!
The Following User Says Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #200
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default ..

I,m trying to keep up with the changes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post: