Old 01-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #41
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, guys. So since I am off work for several weeks, I decided to do the "no shave" thing just to track progress with my transition. Well, I can say that I certainly can grow a full mustache and heavy hair on chin/under chin. Patchy hair on cheeks. I will be out of work for another week, so I am interested to see how it goes.

Until I kicked up my T dose I really was at a stand still for about a year when it came to facial/body hair.

I was 3 years on T as of September, 2017, however, it was very low and inconsistent dosing for the first 6 months.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 08:08 PM   #42
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, guys. So since I am off work for several weeks, I decided to do the "no shave" thing just to track progress with my transition. Well, I can say that I certainly can grow a full mustache and heavy hair on chin/under chin. Patchy hair on cheeks. I will be out of work for another week, so I am interested to see how it goes.

Until I kicked up my T dose I really was at a stand still for about a year when it came to facial/body hair.

I was 3 years on T as of September, 2017, however, it was very low and inconsistent dosing for the first 6 months.
Ok, so I go back to work on Thursday. I am pleased with this mustache and goatee thing I have rockin' It isn't super thick, but it is thick enough that I don't look like one of those 40-something year old trans guys who has the facial hair of a teenage boy. I do like that it is very soft. I am a bit surprised to see the amount of gray in my beard. It isn't a lot by any means, but it is more than the gray I have on my head (which is only a few strands).

So now I have been doing all this research on beards, beard oil, etc. Very fun.

I have solicited opinions from 6 people and they all agree it looks good and have convinced me to keep it. I am sure I will get a ton more opinions when I go back to work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #43
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhhhhh hair!
Ok I was well endowed with facial hair before T
Now that I am on 100T per week stuff is growing.
Ok granted I can see it and feel it and if u want to u have to get closer but it’s growing. Oh and the left side of torso has hair coming in.... very light in color... right side nada
Places that didn’t have any are filling in, and yesterday I did a selfie and the gf noticed; much to her chagrin;
My daughter noticed as did the youngest grandchild who can hardly wait to take that medicine and grow a beard ( she is 8 and will tell u she is a boy and wears boys clothes down to the boxers; been doing this since she was 3).
Well anyway if I could get a pic to post I would post one...

Question - what happened to that insatiable sexual appetite? It went away,,, well that was short lived. After T went from 75 a week to 100 it went away... next week going to 150 a week, as long as my blood pressure stays normal going higher, but going to ask the endocrinologist for tamaxifen which will prevent the T from converting to estrogen especially in those fat cell areas.
Which yup, when I get the go ahead from the oncologist surgeons next week hitting the gym, and riding my bike...
????? Did u all’s gf’s et al have difficulty when the changes actually started being visible?
I’m all excited, about the changes and feeling the hair on my face not with hands but just it being there and tickling my upper lip or mouth corners.. is just well affirming and gives me more confidence and needless to say the gf is going thru stuff... as this stuff happens.

Oh gotta tell u this one... I went grocery shopping ( something I have been doing for 50 years ) and I like to study prices compute things in my head as to which is really the better buy and will I really eat 5 gallons of pickles etc,
So there I am in produce dept standing and staring at the 45 varieties of romaine lettuce... bagged.. organic.. etcetc deciding how much I will need to have and which one is cheaper.. next thing I know I have this nice mature woman shopper offering me assistance since it appeared I was out of my element.... ��. And dam almost every aisle these sweet ladies were helping me... telling me oh u need noodles? What is your wife going to cook, oh your not married and you are cooking?? Damn, I have decided that early morning grocery shopping is a lot of fun... Tuesday’s my new activity. I was very courteous to Each lady. Lot more fun than cruising nursing homes �� (joke)

Last edited by Dean Thoreau; 06-08-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Dean Thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Thoreau For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #44
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

My update to the thread is to say that I only thought i was seeing gray hair. I am glad to say that I don't have any gray!

Everyone loves the goatee/mustache look. Cheeks are growing in more and more, but I keep them shaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
Ohhhhhh hair!
Ok I was well endowed with facial hair before T
Now that I am on 100T per week stuff is growing.
Ok granted I can see it and feel it and if u want to u have to get closer but it’s growing. Oh and the left side of torso has hair coming in.... very light in color... right side nada
Places that didn’t have any are filling in, and yesterday I did a selfie and the gf noticed; much to her chagrin;
My daughter noticed as did the youngest grandchild who can hardly wait to take that medicine and grow a beard ( she is 8 and will tell u she is a boy and wears boys clothes down to the boxers; been doing this since she was 3).
Well anyway if I could get a pic to post I would post one...

Question - what happened to that insatiable sexual appetite? It went away,,, well that was short lived. After T went from 75 a week to 100 it went away... next week going to 150 a week, as long as my blood pressure stays normal going higher, but going to ask the endocrinologist for tamaxifen which will prevent the T from converting to estrogen especially in those fat cell areas.
Which yup, when I get the go ahead from the oncologist surgeons next week hitting the gym, and riding my bike...
????? Did u all’s gf’s et al have difficulty when the changes actually started being visible?
I’m all excited, about the changes and feeling the hair on my face not with hands but just it being there and tickling my upper lip or mouth corners.. is just well affirming and gives me more confidence and needless to say the gf is going thru stuff... as this stuff happens.

Oh gotta tell u this one... I went grocery shopping ( something I have been doing for 50 years ) and I like to study prices compute things in my head as to which is really the better buy and will I really eat 5 gallons of pickles etc,
So there I am in produce dept standing and staring at the 45 varieties of romaine lettuce... bagged.. organic.. etcetc deciding how much I will need to have and which one is cheaper.. next thing I know I have this nice mature woman shopper offering me assistance since it appeared I was out of my element.... ��. And dam almost every aisle these sweet ladies were helping me... telling me oh u need noodles? What is your wife going to cook, oh your not married and you are cooking?? Damn, I have decided that early morning grocery shopping is a lot of fun... Tuesday’s my new activity. I was very courteous to Each lady. Lot more fun than cruising nursing homes �� (joke)
Dean, I am sorry that your GF is struggling with this. If she is on FB, there are a couple of groups for partners of trans men. Does she identify as a lesbian and only dates women? I see you are in Philadelphia where the Mazonni Center is. I wonder if the Mazonni Center has, or knows of a support group for partners of trans people. My understanding is the literature states that 50% of couples stay together after transition. Some people can adjust to the person's gender change, and some cannot. Cis women seem to have an easier time when their female to male partners transition. Most of the time the FTM was already masculine to begin with, so there isn't as huge of a shift for the women dateing a FTM, like this is for cis female wives of trans women.

Has she gone with you to your gender therapist to discuss and get any questions answered? I always bring in the partner/family/whoever prior to the person starting hormones. It is a transition for everyone in the person's life. Does she have a therapist for herself? I would encourage that. She needs a place of support. Have you all been together long?

Hair growth is a funny thing. Hair stared coming in on my left arm faster than my right, but the hair on my face and chest started coming in first on the right side.

I still don't have hairy legs, which surprises me. I am happy to report that I have no back or butt hair. I would like more chest hair to cover my top surgery scars. I would rather be less hairy, then hairy, but like the ability to grow a beard.

Good luck to your girlfriend. Do the best you can to be understanding. I know you are probably excited to share you joy about your body changes, but try to keep in mind she is less than thrilled. She may be feeling like she is "losing you", through this process. Do you have others that you reach out to, to share your joy about the changes?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #45
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I love my guy's hairy legs and arms! Hy shaves when the stubble gets a bit prickly, but I don't mind a little facial scrub either.

That was a tricky thing,with my ex having stubble,and her getting a rash,so I had to shave morn and night.
I'm not hairy at all,been on T 11 years,my beards look like smudged dirt,I can do a soul patch,good thing is I can do the 2 day growth thing and it looks good,by day 3,I look like I'm 10 yrs older.
I'm never going bald,in 11 yrs Ive not receded 1cm,my hair on my head is like carpet,other than that,I'm not that hairy and its all blonde hair,on my legs and arms,looks great with a tan though.
be good to see a bit more action on these threads

cheers
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2018, 10:12 PM   #46
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
That was a tricky thing,with my ex having stubble,and her getting a rash,so I had to shave morn and night.
I'm not hairy at all,been on T 11 years,my beards look like smudged dirt,I can do a soul patch,good thing is I can do the 2 day growth thing and it looks good,by day 3,I look like I'm 10 yrs older.
I'm never going bald,in 11 yrs Ive not receded 1cm,my hair on my head is like carpet,other than that,I'm not that hairy and its all blonde hair,on my legs and arms,looks great with a tan though.
be good to see a bit more action on these threads

cheers
Sometimes, chin hair will grow in scraggly and straight with soft, curly cheeks and sideburns. All are just on the red side of strawberry blonde. As I age more, they'll just turn white. Have been referred to as a sasquatch.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #47
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

My legs look like a huge brown tree forest LOL but its patchy in places due to thyroid problems.

Same goes with underarm hair and pubic area. I know TMI but we ARE talking about hair aren't we? LOL

I have peach fuzz, as my ex calls it, on my upper lip and chin. I plan on keeping it for awhile!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2018, 02:37 PM   #48
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
My legs look like a huge brown tree forest LOL but its patchy in places due to thyroid problems.

Same goes with underarm hair and pubic area. I know TMI but we ARE talking about hair aren't we? LOL

I have peach fuzz, as my ex calls it, on my upper lip and chin. I plan on keeping it for awhile!
I dont have fuzz,just scratchy stubble now.
I remember at first shaving was fun
now its like,oh f..... I gotta shave,before it gets too,thick n prickly

thyroid can really cause a lot of havic in the body eh?
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Old 12-27-2018, 04:02 PM   #49
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I dont have fuzz,just scratchy stubble now.
I remember at first shaving was fun
now its like,oh f..... I gotta shave,before it gets too,thick n prickly

thyroid can really cause a lot of havic in the body eh?
Yes big time havoc. It sucks trust me.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2018, 04:13 PM   #50
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Quote:
Yes big time havoc. It sucks trust me.
I'm sorry to hear that
I have a friend with graves disease,I dont know if thats thyroid,I think it is.

I'm lucky in that getting T was easy and transition has been the best thing to happen to me.

And I'm on a Tetosterone Reandron,which is slow release and only 3 monthly shots,and no troughs,or high and lows.Plus its subsidised by the govt over here,but sadly only if you have changed you documents.

Im sorry I didnt respong earlier,I didnt know you responded
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Old 12-27-2018, 10:04 PM   #51
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that
I have a friend with graves disease,I dont know if thats thyroid,I think it is.

I'm lucky in that getting T was easy and transition has been the best thing to happen to me.

And I'm on a Tetosterone Reandron,which is slow release and only 3 monthly shots,and no troughs,or high and lows.Plus its subsidised by the govt over here,but sadly only if you have changed you documents.

Im sorry I didnt respong earlier,I didnt know you responded
Yes Grave is a thyroid disease, I am either hypo or hyper thryoidism, I can't remember but am on meds for it. I am hoping my transition will go smoothly since I'm finding out that Planned Parenthood has services as well as the gltb centers here. My first step is seeing if I can get weight loss surgery, since my last health scare my weight has gone up and down, a lot.

Then hoping my doc will do what needs to be done so I can do what I need to do, to be who I really am.

No worries take time in responding, all conversation will eventually end up being posted on!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 04:03 PM   #52
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Quote:
Yes Grave is a thyroid disease, I am either hypo or hyper thryoidism, I can't remember but am on meds for it. I am hoping my transition will go smoothly since I'm finding out that Planned Parenthood has services as well as the gltb centers here. My first step is seeing if I can get weight loss surgery, since my last health scare my weight has gone up and down, a lot.

Then hoping my doc will do what needs to be done so I can do what I need to do, to be who I really am.

No worries take time in responding, all conversation will eventually end up being posted on!
weight loss is a good idea,people think T is a weight loss solution,absolutly not true,and one thing,Tetosterone loves lean,the leaner you are,the more muscle you get and hair,well whats happened to me.
Eastrogen loves fat,I have noticed bigger transwoman,are really hard to pick as is leaner transwoman,but same as larger men,their skin is softer and their body shape takes on a more female look.

My advice is try starting a new lifestyle,I had weight issues,yo yo dieting,what worked was a change in lifestyle,now I tell myself,eating junk food or binging is not self love,food is sistenance to feed my body,nothing else.

But I also,just start again if I fuck up,and start slow.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 05:49 PM   #53
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
weight loss is a good idea,people think T is a weight loss solution,absolutly not true,and one thing,Tetosterone loves lean,the leaner you are,the more muscle you get and hair,well whats happened to me.
Eastrogen loves fat,I have noticed bigger transwoman,are really hard to pick as is leaner transwoman,but same as larger men,their skin is softer and their body shape takes on a more female look.

My advice is try starting a new lifestyle,I had weight issues,yo yo dieting,what worked was a change in lifestyle,now I tell myself,eating junk food or binging is not self love,food is sistenance to feed my body,nothing else.

But I also,just start again if I fuck up,and start slow.
I have seen an enormous amount of very overweight transmen and women, who thought that going on hormones was a weight loss solution, when I knew it wasn't. My mom, well my adopted mom, is an RN so she pretty much let me have free reign of her medical books and I did my own research on it. The skinny transguys are getting muscled up cuz they are leaner, which I get as well. I pretty much know I need to lose weight not only to have a better chance on T but to not die again like I did before.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #54
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Quote:
I have seen an enormous amount of very overweight transmen and women, who thought that going on hormones was a weight loss solution, when I knew it wasn't. My mom, well my adopted mom, is an RN so she pretty much let me have free reign of her medical books and I did my own research on it. The skinny transguys are getting muscled up cuz they are leaner, which I get as well. I pretty much know I need to lose weight not only to have a better chance on T but to not die again like I did before.
All round its win win

Ive seen guys that once they started T and had chest surgery,really start to feel more themselves and do lose it.
Well the not dieing is very motivational mate.
the good thing is your thinking about it,and then that can lead to action.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Old 01-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #55
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
All round its win win

Ive seen guys that once they started T and had chest surgery,really start to feel more themselves and do lose it.
Well the not dieing is very motivational mate.
the good thing is your thinking about it,and then that can lead to action.
Yes a win win situation!
Old 01-03-2019, 12:38 AM   #56
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yes a win win situation!
Maybe, seeing Cardiology for a work-up/clearance prior to surgery would be prudent. My Plastic Surgeon requires Cardiology and Internal Medicine clearances to provide for the Anesthesiologist before scheduling Top Surgery.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2019, 08:38 PM   #57
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I already see one, which is good for the future when I get top surgery. I had to see a cardiologist, Internal Medicine, etc during my time after my health scare and continue.

Anyways I haven't shaved in awhile, I don't think I will for awhile, it's so inconvenient. Only shaving will be when I get a new haircut LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:42 AM   #58
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If you're wondering about what it might involve when it comes to growing your facial hair, here's a great video about that experience, what most guys can expect, and how to deal with it.

P.S. Beard oil and beard balm sure made things more comfy for me during the time my beard grew out.

~Theo~