Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Old 04-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #41
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
i just got some pellets tonight. How much did you take? I won't be able to take it as long as you did but can still take it for a week. Did you take any after surgery?
I did some searching and looking at the packaging of the pellets jogged my memory some. I remember the deal about not touching the pellets, and I think the top of the container had a deep enough space that you could pop out a pellet and it would stay in that little space??? Then I'd pop it in my mouth.

I'm pretty sure that I took one pellet three times a day. That sounds right to me. Since I was taking it over an extended period of time and wanting it to remain in my system, I didn't take a very high dosage.......low but constant.

Make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water every day. Do a lot of stretching, pushups, etc... And start looking at things in your home that require you to reach up for them..........and move 'em down.

I'm excited for you!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #42
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
I did some searching and looking at the packaging of the pellets jogged my memory some. I remember the deal about not touching the pellets, and I think the top of the container had a deep enough space that you could pop out a pellet and it would stay in that little space??? Then I'd pop it in my mouth.

I'm pretty sure that I took one pellet three times a day. That sounds right to me. Since I was taking it over an extended period of time and wanting it to remain in my system, I didn't take a very high dosage.......low but constant.

Make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water every day. Do a lot of stretching, pushups, etc... And start looking at things in your home that require you to reach up for them..........and move 'em down.

I'm excited for you!
thanks

yeah if you turn it upside with the cap on and twist they come out. I've taken sublinguals before.

The bottle says 5 3 times a day but I think I'll lower it. Except I already have 5 in my mouth

I'm exctied. The week will go fast .... want the place really clean and as much food prepared as possible but i should get it all done. Have tomorrow off so i'll see how much I get to .. tomorrows paper work ... billls type of such figuring out my money for this. I have the money but I need to follow through on some stuff.

I'm starting to get food ready and everything. Fortunately or unfortunately I have had 3 surgeries in the past 10 years so a lot of stuff is pretty routine for me... already drink lots of water and already taking vitamin C.

Okay i'm getting sleppy and i'm babbling.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #43
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Since I'm in CA I'll probably use Brownstein. I've lost nearly 90lbs now with hopes that this will keep the dog ears to a minimum. It seems that every little step takes time.

Does anyone have any experience with taking T before top surgery verses doing the reverse. It seems that builing up some mass would also help with definition before surgery. Or am I just making this up in my head (which is certainly possible).

Thanks again.
Hey TD,

I was on T for a little over 2 years before I had my top surgery. I've also had a total hysto back in '93, for other reasons. Testosterone has had a dramatic effect on my body fat distribution and my overall appearance, in general. I think it was a good decision, overall, that I was on T for as long as I was before having my chest done. My hips are far more narrow now, my jaw and face are noticeably more "squared" and it's been quite a bit easier for me to lose weight. Also, they say that T changes breast tissue and I think it did exactly that, in my case. I have a good hunch that FOR ME, the changes in breast tissue greatly contributed to my having such good results as I've had.

One of the things I've seen change dramatically is the muscle buildup difference around my shoulders, back and neck. Something about the muscle changes in those areas seems to make the chest look better after surgery. I know for me, it did.

~Theo~
Old 04-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #44
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
thanks

yeah if you turn it upside with the cap on and twist they come out. I've taken sublinguals before.

The bottle says 5 3 times a day but I think I'll lower it. Except I already have 5 in my mouth

I'm exctied. The week will go fast .... want the place really clean and as much food prepared as possible but i should get it all done. Have tomorrow off so i'll see how much I get to .. tomorrows paper work ... billls type of such figuring out my money for this. I have the money but I need to follow through on some stuff.

I'm starting to get food ready and everything. Fortunately or unfortunately I have had 3 surgeries in the past 10 years so a lot of stuff is pretty routine for me... already drink lots of water and already taking vitamin C.

Okay i'm getting sleppy and i'm babbling.
Another thing... If you don't already have some over-sized button-front shirts and/or zip-front jackets, get yourself a few. You want something big enough to give clearance over the bandages and (maybe) the drains. Plus, you want the front closure deal so you don't have to pull things over your head.

I bought a few cheapie zip-front sweat jackets from Target or Walmart and wore those for a while.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #45
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Another thing... If you don't already have some over-sized button-front shirts and/or zip-front jackets, get yourself a few. You want something big enough to give clearance over the bandages and (maybe) the drains. Plus, you want the front closure deal so you don't have to pull things over your head.

I bought a few cheapie zip-front sweat jackets from Target or Walmart and wore those for a while.
Thanks

One of the advantages to having had neck and back surgery is that all of that stuff is already in my wardrobe.

Most of myself isalready fairly low for the same reason and I hope to set anything I can think i need out on the table.

OK Weird question time. I read on Transbucket that one guy had troubles wiping his butt. Is this an issue i need to be concerned with? any other wierd stuff like that?

I'm assuming i'll be able to deal with it hell i've had several spine surgeries and have always figured out how to do most things. Although one time I couldn't pull my pants up but i figured out the process the next time!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #46
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Thanks

One of the advantages to having had neck and back surgery is that all of that stuff is already in my wardrobe.

Most of myself isalready fairly low for the same reason and I hope to set anything I can think i need out on the table.

OK Weird question time. I read on Transbucket that one guy had troubles wiping his butt. Is this an issue i need to be concerned with? any other wierd stuff like that?

I'm assuming i'll be able to deal with it hell i've had several spine surgeries and have always figured out how to do most things. Although one time I couldn't pull my pants up but i figured out the process the next time!
Heh... Well, I don't recall having that trouble; but it's probably a good idea to get some wet wipes to have on hand. Those will certainly help with the cleaning process without having to work *quite* as hard.

I also wore big fleece sweatpants that pulled right up and right down. Easy stuff like that.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #47
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Thanks

Oh Koop......yes.

That and ----->>

I'm not trying to scare you here, but this is, and should be, a real concern for you. You need to have a system of support/help lined up before you do this thing. At least for the first couple of days following surgery.

Tabs was a huge help to me, emotionally and medically. She's a trained Paramedic/EMT, and has been for over 20 years, so she knew just how to help me with everything, including the dressings, drains, etc. I am truly a very lucky guy to have her beside me, then and now. Thank G-D for these Ladies who love and stand by us like they do!!!

Do you have someone to help you with this "stuff"??

I'm no "Nurse Jack(ie)", but Tabs and I would most certainly help you out if we were closer.

Come to think of it, Dr. V's office can also refer you to a temporary (like 2/3 days) post op care place if you don't have someone to help you for the first couple of days. This is something to seriously think about, brother.

You can always call me to talk, if you like. I think you still have my number, but if you don't, just PM me. You always have a shoulder here.

~Theo~
Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #48
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Heh... Well, I don't recall having that trouble; but it's probably a good idea to get some wet wipes to have on hand. Those will certainly help with the cleaning process without having to work *quite* as hard.

I also wore big fleece sweatpants that pulled right up and right down. Easy stuff like that.
Heh.....same here.......I had lightweight knit loungepants and my infamous risque boxer shorts collection.

It's the "reaching" part that will be troublesome at first. Like reaching for your drawers and stuff.

I had a lot of experience "making things work" when I had my knee surgeries. In my physical therapy classes following my knee replacements, I was showing the therapists (and other patients) how I got around and did things for and by myself. When you have to do that sort of stuff, you get a "system" that you work with to be able to take care of yourself.

Ever see one of those "reachers" that some older folks use to reach things?? They look like this:

I have 2 of these. It helped me a GRUNCH!!! (It also doubles for both a "pincher" and ass-grabber)

Holy shit that's a huge ol' picture, isn't it??

~Theo~
Old 04-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #49
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

This is an awesome thread and great simple info. The more I read the more I'm looking at going to Dr. V next year to get my surgery done (finally!)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #50
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Kosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You can also check out Goodwill, Salvation Army stores for shirts, jackets, sweats, etc.
Kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 AM   #51
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post

Oh Koop......yes.

That and ----->>

I'm not trying to scare you here, but this is, and should be, a real concern for you. You need to have a system of support/help lined up before you do this thing. At least for the first couple of days following surgery.

Do you have someone to help you with this "stuff"??

You can always call me to talk, if you like. I think you still have my number, but if you don't, just PM me. You always have a shoulder here.

~Theo~

I don't think I have your number so it would be great if you'd pm it to me, I really appreciate it.

Actually I was talking to a friend who had his done a year ago with Alter and if I need help with he has offered to help.

One of the reasons I wanted to stay close is I do have a huge support system... and I am getting things in place. I know a couple of nurses/ex nurses and i'm hopin to talk to them in the next few days to see if they can help if needed.

My room mate can help with some stuff but umm not the shower stuff.

Quote:

Thanks just bought a couple more knit pants. Plan to make sure any ironing is done and will put the clothes i want to use in easy accessible places.

Quote:
Heh.....same here.......I had lightweight knit loungepants and my infamous risque boxer shorts collection.

It's the "reaching" part that will be troublesome at first. Like reaching for your drawers and stuff.

I had a lot of experience "making things work" when I had my knee surgeries. In my physical therapy classes following my knee replacements, I was showing the therapists (and other patients) how I got around and did things for and by myself. When you have to do that sort of stuff, you get a "system" that you work with to be able to take care of yourself.

Ever see one of those "reachers" that some older folks use to reach things?? They look like this:

I have 2 of these. It helped me a GRUNCH!!! (It also doubles for both a "pincher" and ass-grabber)

Holy shit that's a huge ol' picture, isn't it??

~Theo~
Fortunately or unfortunately I"ve had 5 spine surgeries so I actually do know how to figure things out. I could put my slippers on just a few days after my first lower lumbar fusion. Fortunately i'm flexible and could sit and lift my leg up to my hand.

I have two of those grabbers also but thanks for mentioning them so I can make sure they are accessible.

When placing stuff out in preparation ... i put my arms against the sides of my ribs and just bend from the elbows. If I can't reach it then I don't place it there.

I assume i'll be able to bend down though and get stuff ... just lower my self to that level?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #52
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
I assume i'll be able to bend down though and get stuff ... just lower my self to that level?
By squatting, yes.........and if the item is light enough. You definitely won't want to bend over at the waist for a while. The pressure on the incisions would be pretty uncomfortable.

There are a lot of people who talk about being up and around and out and about right after surgery. While I believe this is obviously possible, I'm a big advocate of being still and sleeping as often as possible.

Our body heals lost and damaged tissues during sleep, as you already know I'm sure. Give yourself permission to rest and do nothing. I know it's hard for a lot of people who are used to being on the move, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #53
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
By squatting, yes.........and if the item is light enough. You definitely won't want to bend over at the waist for a while. The pressure on the incisions would be pretty uncomfortable.

There are a lot of people who talk about being up and around and out and about right after surgery. While I believe this is obviously possible, I'm a big advocate of being still and sleeping as often as possible.

Our body heals lost and damaged tissues during sleep, as you already know I'm sure. Give yourself permission to rest and do nothing. I know it's hard for a lot of people who are used to being on the move, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself.
My dr explained that I might even feel like I can do stuff but only light activity for the first two weeks, nothing that will get my heart going. Because you want to keep the blood flow down or more bruising and swelling can develop.

I'll probably do a little light walking because i know you need some movement also. I've had 5 surgeries and they also have you up walking within 24 hours.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #54
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

When I stayed with Conner for his surgery, we found that a ribbon tied around his waist to support the drainage tubes was the ideal thing for showering (since we aren't close enough for me to help him shower. LOL)

You do need someone who can drain your tubes for you, honey. Line up help now because you are going to need it. Promise.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #55
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
When I stayed with Conner for his surgery, we found that a ribbon tied around his waist to support the drainage tubes was the ideal thing for showering (since we aren't close enough for me to help him shower. LOL)

You do need someone who can drain your tubes for you, honey. Line up help now because you are going to need it. Promise.
i will line some one up but there is a 50/50 chance i won't have tubes.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #56
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Hey Koop,

eh ehehehe.....I'd forgotten about all of your spine surgeries!! Mea culpa.

You know, a lot of what might have been tough for me during my recovery from chest surgery was made a LOT easier because of all of my previous surgeries from my knees. I bet you never thought all that suffering you went through would ever have benefited you like it's (going to) when you have your chest done, but it will!!

When I told Dr. V about all of my knee surgeries, including my total joint replacements, he laughed and said, "Oh, well then, this is going to be a cakewalk for you!!". Really, compared to what I've been through, it really was easier. When he does this surgery, it's not like he's entering an interior body system. He will tell you, as he told me, that "All I'm doing is removing a bit of tissue and some skin". He's not even messing with the muscular system. This is *nothing* compared to what you and I have both suffered through before with our backs and knees. It will be a *ton* easier than that was, believe me, and the recovery time is a lot faster and easier, too.!!

I have been sooooo happy with Dr. V and his work. I can't say enough good things about him, really!!

~Theo~
Old 04-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #57
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Hey Koop,

eh ehehehe.....I'd forgotten about all of your spine surgeries!! Mea culpa.

You know, a lot of what might have been tough for me during my recovery from chest surgery was made a LOT easier because of all of my previous surgeries from my knees. I bet you never thought all that suffering you went through would ever have benefited you like it's (going to) when you have your chest done, but it will!!

When I told Dr. V about all of my knee surgeries, including my total joint replacements, he laughed and said, "Oh, well then, this is going to be a cakewalk for you!!". Really, compared to what I've been through, it really was easier. When he does this surgery, it's not like he's entering an interior body system. He will tell you, as he told me, that "All I'm doing is removing a bit of tissue and some skin". He's not even messing with the muscular system. This is *nothing* compared to what you and I have both suffered through before with our backs and knees. It will be a *ton* easier than that was, believe me, and the recovery time is a lot faster and easier, too.!!

I have been sooooo happy with Dr. V and his work. I can't say enough good things about him, really!!

~Theo~
He told me the same stuff. I think that is why he emphasized why not to do anything vigorous for awhile. I never thought about the blood flow increasing the chance for more swelling and bruising and it makes sense.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #58
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My dr explained that I might even feel like I can do stuff but only light activity for the first two weeks, nothing that will get my heart going. Because you want to keep the blood flow down or more bruising and swelling can develop.

I'll probably do a little light walking because i know you need some movement also. I've had 5 surgeries and they also have you up walking within 24 hours.

Walking helps to prevent blood clots, lung problems (pneumonia, particularly after general anesthesia) and constipation from narcotic painkillers, and ya, that's why they get you up and moving so quickly after surgery.

After my first knee surgery, I developed an anxiety disorder. I can't figure out where that came from because I've never had a nervous bone in my entire body, but I got one. Probably because that kind of surgery was so traumatic, debillitating and painful and all of the drugs (a lot of Percocet, mainly) I was on made it even worse. Percocet doesn't agree with me.

For some reason, when that panicky feeling starts, walking helps me. I was afraid of having problems with this anxiety attack business when I had my chest done. Just the surgery thing and all happening again, you know. Well, I did have it for one night following surgery. I got up in the middle of the night and walked around the hotel lobby, which was absolutely beautiful. They had all of these tall ship models in glass cases and you know how I adore tall ships!! It calmed me down right away. I did a lot of walking, though, and on one of the days post op, that Tabs and I were there, we drove down to the beach at Camp Pendleton and walked around there.

I was able to get around really well after the second day post op. As far as the drains go, I only had mine for 2 days post op. I really think that whether you have them or not depends on how much tissue you have removed and how much you bleed. After the second day post op, I wasn't draining much at all, so he pulled them both. What a relief that was, emotionally and pain-wise!!

Have you scheduled your surgery date yet??

~Theo~
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #59
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
i will line some one up but there is a 50/50 chance i won't have tubes.

Koop,
I know early on there were questions and answers in the thread, and wanted to pop in here to add a comment.

Being in recovery I had to clarify with my Doc's before I had a total radical hysterctomy for endometrial cancer that I may have a problem with certain meds. pre and post op.

My Doc and the anesthesiologist were aware I was in recovery and provided meds that left me safe and sane. Propofol is the recomended anesthesia, and no lidocaine in the drips, no benzodiazapines, no verced, etc. Just sayin' it can be a slippery slope.

Best wishes to you, and I'm south of you in OC and if I can do anything holler.

Tommi
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #60
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:

Walking helps to prevent blood clots, lung problems (pneumonia, particularly after general anesthesia) and constipation from narcotic painkillers, and ya, that's why they get you up and moving so quickly after surgery.

After my first knee surgery, I developed an anxiety disorder. I can't figure out where that came from because I've never had a nervous bone in my entire body, but I got one. Probably because that kind of surgery was so traumatic, debillitating and painful and all of the drugs (a lot of Percocet, mainly) I was on made it even worse. Percocet doesn't agree with me.

For some reason, when that panicky feeling starts, walking helps me. I was afraid of having problems with this anxiety attack business when I had my chest done. Just the surgery thing and all happening again, you know. Well, I did have it for one night following surgery. I got up in the middle of the night and walked around the hotel lobby, which was absolutely beautiful. They had all of these tall ship models in glass cases and you know how I adore tall ships!! It calmed me down right away. I did a lot of walking, though, and on one of the days post op, that Tabs and I were there, we drove down to the beach at Camp Pendleton and walked around there.

I was able to get around really well after the second day post op. As far as the drains go, I only had mine for 2 days post op. I really think that whether you have them or not depends on how much tissue you have removed and how much you bleed. After the second day post op, I wasn't draining much at all, so he pulled them both. What a relief that was, emotionally and pain-wise!!

Have you scheduled your surgery date yet??

~Theo~
Surgery is a week from today, April 29th.

It would have been nice to stay at the ayers but i'm staying at the embassy suites instead. I wanted a bedroom with 2 beds plus a living area with a sofa sleeper. That way if the person going with me needs a bed there is one there for him. Also the seperate living room will allow him to not have to sit in silence if i'm resting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Koop,
I know early on there were questions and answers in the thread, and wanted to pop in here to add a comment.

Being in recovery I had to clarify with my Doc's before I had a total radical hysterctomy for endometrial cancer that I may have a problem with certain meds. pre and post op.

My Doc and the anesthesiologist were aware I was in recovery and provided meds that left me safe and sane. Propofol is the recomended anesthesia, and no lidocaine in the drips, no benzodiazapines, no verced, etc. Just sayin' it can be a slippery slope.

Best wishes to you, and I'm south of you in OC and if I can do anything holler.

Tommi
This my fourth surgery in recovery, damn! So I get what you are saying. In the past with my neck surgeries i've basically gone right to over the counter extra strength tylenol. I get sick from IV pain meds and that causes much more pain then relief. I don't like how the others stopped up the piping. I'lll make sure they know and talk it over with the people close to me first.