The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
www.t-kingdom.com for binders

Model 801 is GREAT for the summer. Light, but strong.

I also have Model 1700.

Both excellent choices. For a couple of bucks they will customize their binders for you.

I wouldn't hesitate purchasing any binder from these guys. The comparison chart is also very helpful.

Aren't they designed for small guys?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #22
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post

I don't think so? A few years ago it wasn't for guys taller than 5'6", but now I think it runs up to 5'9" in height.

Ok, just looked. 5'9" and 188 lbs. 40-42 chest. (XXL)

That is the largest size.

Check out size chart.

But, the custom sizing is an idea, too if you can't find your size.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #23
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am not small chest size. On the end of large actually. My weight and height are average I guess.

I use tkingdom 1700 in combination with an underworks product. PLus a shirt...plus another!! Sheesh! I am surprised I can breath or move at all some days!!LOL

I didnt want to go tkingdom but I could nt get what I needed from underworks. Had to go with the combo! It doesnt roll up cause it is pretty long which works for me.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #24
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
http://www.ftmprosthetics.com/designer.htm

I am working with this company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Please let us know if it's worth the cost. I've seen guys order something similar, but then, we never hear back.
I can vouch for ftmprosthetics, and the dual was worth the cost to us. Joseph makes a great product and was excellent in communications when we dealt with him a few years ago.

We're looking around at what other companies are making, just to see if there's anything better around. If anyone has experience with similar products, I'd love to hear from you. (It's okay to send a PM if you're not comfortable discussing this stuff in public.)
Old 01-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I use the binder from Underworks too and get some serious rolling going on, but I think part of that is due to my hips and my stomach.

I heard that if you cut a slit in the sides, that takes some of the pressure off and stops the rolling, but I havent tried that yet, any thoughts on this? Anyone given it a try?
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #26
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His/Sir :)
Relationship Status:
My heart does not give of itself easily

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread

Anybody got any swim gear recommendations?

I've purchased through Mango before, although I didn't have a delivery issue...I wasn't too thrilled with the product. Not to mention how pricey they are.

Underworks has served it's purpose lol. Not my ideal situation, but it's gonna have to do.
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #27
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB View Post
Great thread

Anybody got any swim gear recommendations?

I've purchased through Mango before, although I didn't have a delivery issue...I wasn't too thrilled with the product. Not to mention how pricey they are.

Underworks has served it's purpose lol. Not my ideal situation, but it's gonna have to do.

damn lost my post

never tried mango.

no swim gear recommendations.

have had best luck with underworks so far. Tried one other product and only thing i ended up with was losing money in returning everything. I would like to try the t-kingdom though was i have a job. They didn't cover my size before so it's nice to see that they have added on for us taller people.

I did try the suggestion of wearing a shirt under the binder and found that it helps minimize the rolling and for the rolling that still happens it acts as a buffer so it doesn't dig into the skin. Just don't like having to wear so many layers. Okay for this time of the year. Not okay in the summer.

Don't know if anyone has posted this. will post it again.

http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/ftmstuff.html

I have not ordered the stud but in the past Nick also had available the utube which is the device inserted in the soft packer. I use to order that then a cheap packer and insert it myself. Right now it doesn't look like he is selling it seperately. Maybe that will differ once the new site is up.

I have used the cock sock but find the velcro can be a pain, figuratively and literally. I have a protype of underwear in my brain that I would like to try making I just haven't had the time or energy. If any femmes are reading this and are into sewing maybe you can shoot me a message and we can work on something together. i basically want to build the concept of the cock sock into a pair of underwear, so nothing has to be attached and everything sits just right and nothing will fall out. I don't think it will be that hard. the hardest part for me would be figuring out how to work the sewing machine my roomie got, no instruction book.

Nick has always been good with the stuff i have ordered from him. Quick and reliable and when there has been a delay he has has always kept me in the loop.

http://www.ftmguide.org/index.html

is another site i have used that i'm not sure if it's been listed yet.

http://www.whenyagottago.com/

I really like this peeing device on it's own, just hard to hide discretely but a great device especially for the beginner and found it much easier to use then the utube which is what is used in the stud urniary packer.

actually lately i've gotten lazy and sit most of the time. My bathroom access is limited so when I'm in there i try to make use of it.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #28
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm also finding this thread very helpful and will definately try some of these things in the future as well
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #29
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't used Mango products at all. I've heard too many horror stories about the shipping issues.

Just found a great great FTM site. I'll PM folks with the address, or PM me if you want to know about it. It's a great FTM-only site with forums, groups, chat, etc.

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #30
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

This is the company I will be going with. The reasons boiled down to urintion systems.
http://www.likereal.de/shop/english/home

Joseph from ftm prothetics was helpful in telling me he was working on a system. I look forward to trying his products in the future because his customer service is awesome!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #31
firie
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

firie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
This is the company I will be going with. The reasons boiled down to urintion systems.

Joseph from ftm prothetics was helpful in telling me he was working on a system. I look forward to trying his products in the future because his customer service is awesome!!
This is Dylan, posting as Firie, because she's makin' breakfast, and I didn't realize she'd logged in. At any rate, I wanted to thank you for the info. The STP part of their products look comfortable...wayyyy more comfortable than everyone else's favorite...the medicine spoon (which I am having a hard time getting consistent results with)

Anyways, Wanted To Explain The 'Thanked Post' From Mahhh Woman,
Dylan
firie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #32
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firie View Post
This is Dylan, posting as Firie, because she's makin' breakfast, and I didn't realize she'd logged in. At any rate, I wanted to thank you for the info. The STP part of their products look comfortable...wayyyy more comfortable than everyone else's favorite...the medicine spoon (which I am having a hard time getting consistent results with)

Anyways, Wanted To Explain The 'Thanked Post' From Mahhh Woman,
Dylan

The only place i could see the stp device at all was on the infos page is that the only place they have info on it or did people find some info in another place.

If anyone gets this I would like to know how they like it ... definitely does look better then the system i'm use to. I tend to sit just because i don't want to risk leakage!
Plus has anyone gone so far to see what the costs convert over to in dollars?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #33
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single but also non negotiably non monogamous

SFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pardon me...

Quote:
Stay away from Mangos when it comes to STPs. It took them 6 months to finally ship and only after I filed a complaint with the BBB.

DJ Knows Dick isn't too bad and very responsive.

Underworks remains my binder of choice and I've started using their cotton/lycra based binders. These have been working well (a beard has also helped) and are very comfortable. The roll-up issue is reduced. A trick is to also wear a shirt (like an A-shirt) under the binder. I've found this to lessen the roll-up effect. Additionally, making sure the size is right and not going for the ultimate compressing one helps. Those, I find, tend hurt too much and sizing better helps reduce that as well as reduce the roll-up effect.
So I peruse these threads looking for tidbits to share with Logic and I'm curious...how do you manage to get into your binder with a shirt under it? He has been pulling it up to get it on and I can't figure how to make that work logistically...any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
SFFemmePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #34
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowchick07 View Post
So I peruse these threads looking for tidbits to share with Logic and I'm curious...how do you manage to get into your binder with a shirt under it? He has been pulling it up to get it on and I can't figure how to make that work logistically...any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Pulling it up? What kind of binder is it? I pull mine over my head. Even with the stronger compression ones I do this. Anything tighter and it may be too tight and that could be dangerous. I've talked with other FTMs who have hurt their back and nearly crushed their ribs with binders that are too tight.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #35
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowchick07 View Post
Does he use the full length or tri top? If I use the full length I have to step into it. But I rarely use it.

I've been usin the tri top with a shirt under and actually have found it easier to take the binder off and on. I put that one on over head.

I have a rash guard and a sports compression shirt which seems to work the best underneath it
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #36
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, I have to step into mine, theres no way its going over my head. That being said, which tri top one are you using? And as for the sports compression shirt, what one did you find that seems to work good?

I have two different binders thus far, and the first one, well I may as not even be wearing one it was no different then a sports bra as far as compression goes. However the one I have now, works great, but it rolls, hence the needing to wear something under it.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #37
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
Yeah, I have to step into mine, theres no way its going over my head. That being said, which tri top one are you using? And as for the sports compression shirt, what one did you find that seems to work good?

I have two different binders thus far, and the first one, well I may as not even be wearing one it was no different then a sports bra as far as compression goes. However the one I have now, works great, but it rolls, hence the needing to wear something under it.

http://www.underworks.com/983.html is the trip top i wear. I'm not sure where i got the sports compression shirt. It doesn't work for compression though, I was hoping it would be good enough for around the house, however the fabric it is made of seems to do the best for being under the binder. (it's a new balance shirt 80% polyester and 20% lycra and spandex)
my binder still rolls with a shirt under I just don't feel it like I use to. The funny thing is I thought a thicker t-shirt would lessen the pressure and it's just the opposite. The thinner slippery shirts work best under. Sometimes I have my binders on for 14+ hours and currently it isn't so bad. Before just a few hours in and it would be hurting. I was gettin really bad bruises on my ribs and sometimes sores. Since putting the shirt under. It still leaves marks but not the bruising it was leaving.

Plus it slides right on and off with the other shirt. Especially if I'm damp from the shower or sweating. Sometimes I would get stuck half way but have no problems with a shirt under.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #38
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

I just posted some chest binders on Queerbay. Paying it forward so the only cost is $5 shipping.

Andrea

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #39
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Very expensive...but holy cow!

http://www.tyron2.net/index.html

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #40
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
Very expensive...but holy cow!

http://www.tyron2.net/index.html
I never thought I would drool over a penis or a penis substitute, but well, I want one of these.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post: