Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Facial and Body Hair!

I'm a hairy guy, with no added hormones and now that i'm coming into my own as an FTM, i'm more comfortable letting the hair grow out. It also helps that I have a supportive partner who loves this hairy guy. I have the makings of a full goatee but i'm not sure I want to go that direction and i'm not a fan of full-on facial hair on anyone. I love the freedom of not having to shave every day and well, I do love my furry pelt,lol. I refer to myself as a sasquatch.

So, how do you, as an FTM, manscape? How do you feel about being hairy? What about partners/girlfriends/etc., do you like your man's hair?
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Lol @manscape. If you really knew me, you'd know that term makes me laugh. Nothing nasty; just an amusing term. I'm not a metrosexual kind of guy. Anyway, I too have always been hairy, even pre T. I've had a mustache & goatee for more years than I've been breathing. I also have a soul patch & have done longer side burns. I've been blessed with a full thick head of hair (thanks to my Sicilian heritage). Even tho age as thinned some hair, it's still all good. My women have always been good with any of my hair, although I did lose the goatee for a few. But never the "flavor savor". It obviously is a personal issue; me personally, I've always loved my facial, arm & leg hair. Don't always shave as often as I should, but the upside of that is, I clean up much better when I have to. Lol.
Just my .02 & own experience.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

yea I wonder once on hormones how hairy I'll be as I already am and shave! I trim my pitts and package, and sometimes trim or shave my legs. they get hairy fast. I even have a bit of a stache and chin hair going. My hair grows fast too but I usually wear my hair with some hair, sometimes sideburns, sometimes cut them. Every few days I have to trim around my ears as my hair likes to grow around them and shave the back of my neckline to keep it looking clean. I've dated girls that like my hair and some that don't. Usually they don't say much; I guess they expect it from a guy. It grows on them. Not sure how my current babe feels. Once in awhile I'll catch her looking at my pit. lol I just laugh and say, "you like my hairy pit babe?"
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I love my guy's hairy legs and arms! Hy shaves when the stubble gets a bit prickly, but I don't mind a little facial scrub either.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

I have always had hairy legs and arms.. I like them that way so I dont shave them EVER! plus Gemme loves it hehe
since my preteen hormone days I have always had facial hair,I shave my face and lip everyday,though sometimes I like to prick Gemme and go one day w/o shaving

I was just born with way more testosterone so even though I am going FTM , I wont take the hormones,I have a deep voice and hair already. Im good with how much I naturally produce. I dont think I would want to chance having back hair, for me anyway, as I also have chest hair naturally and a happy trail. Might still research on it more
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

Very cool! I too, am not going the hormone route for the same reasons. It wouldn't really make much difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2luvgirls View Post
I have always had hairy legs and arms.. I like them that way so I dont shave them EVER! plus Gemme loves it hehe
since my preteen hormone days I have always had facial hair,I shave my face and lip everyday,though sometimes I like to prick Gemme and go one day w/o shaving

I was just born with way more testosterone so even though I am going FTM , I wont take the hormones,I have a deep voice and hair already. Im good with how much I naturally produce. I dont think I would want to chance having back hair, for me anyway, as I also have chest hair naturally and a happy trail. Might still research on it more
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread B!
I hear you on the not make much difference in what we would want, just worried I would get the difference I dont want lol
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchEire View Post
I'm a hairy guy, with no added hormones and now that i'm coming into my own as an FTM, i'm more comfortable letting the hair grow out. It also helps that I have a supportive partner who loves this hairy guy. I have the makings of a full goatee but i'm not sure I want to go that direction and i'm not a fan of full-on facial hair on anyone. I love the freedom of not having to shave every day and well, I do love my furry pelt,lol. I refer to myself as a sasquatch.

So, how do you, as an FTM, manscape? How do you feel about being hairy? What about partners/girlfriends/etc., do you like your man's hair?
Bumping cuz it's interesting to hear the different thoughts on this! I was partnered with someone previously who thought body hair was gross - and complained about mine. After a couple of years of that, I felt very self conscious about it, and started shaving my pits and using a short guard to trim everything else, legs included. I also had my own issues prior to top surgery... for some reason, the hair on my chest pre-op really, REALLY bothered me. I want to add, that there was nothing wrong with it, it was just my personal self esteem issue to deal with. Fortunately for me, my wife of 10 years is 100% ok with my body and facial hair - and it's a damn good thing, because after 17 years on T - I have some hair! I manscape a little here and there, and for my face, I alternate between a full (clean cut) beard, and doing a goatee & soul patch with long sideburns. Right now, I'm doing "no-shave November" and getting quite scruffy so far. I've never just let it go for a whole month and not even trim, so this will be interesting!
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Interesting and thanks for the replies! I've been experimenting growing thicker facial hair by applying Minoxidil once or twice a day. I have done so for a few months and I do notice additional growth. Over time, that should thicken as the vellus hairs turn into terminal ones that are thicker and typically, darker.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
Bino85

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Not entirely sure.. not looking

Bino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST ReputationBino85 Has the BEST Reputation

I have just started shaving my facial hair. I actually had pretty good little stash going. It was a little hard to let it go, but I also like the stubble. Shaving is a highlight in my busy day. I am not on T so it will be interesting so see how well I can do with just shaving.
Bino85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bino85 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

When I get my hair cut I have to tell the person doing the cutting not to cut trim or other wise do anything to the side burn hair cause it is supposed to be there,even tho its fairly blond and baby fine the first thing they wan't to do is whack it off.It grows down to the middle of my face and I have used the comb on hair color to get it to match my hair color,I have a very noticeable fuzzy upper lip that I can to the same to.Once I was ask if I would shave it all off for any reason?No,I said it dosen't even come into the picture nor dose my body hair even tho it is less noticeable is darker,tho it hadn't been any issue untill the last couple of years,I gess cause we have been more noticeable.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #12
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

I am kinda fuzzy. Its great.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #13
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

If I didn't shave every now and again I'd be a pluckin'fool.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 11:24 PM   #14
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP BUMP!

Anyone else here have people ask you to shave your legs, for various reasons and how do you handle it?

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #15
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

If you aren't comfortable doing so, just say no. Your body your rules.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 11:31 PM   #16
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
If you aren't comfortable doing so, just say no. Your body your rules.
I agree my body, my rules.

I just hate when family says things and sometimes they are hurtful.

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 11:38 PM   #17
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post

Remind them you are the boss of your life, not them. They can come along for the ride or hit the curb as they wish. They don't get to be master of your life. Now you may think that harsh, but for me I'd rather not have family around me who don't respect me and my life. Your mileage may vary.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2015, 11:42 PM   #18
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Remind them you are the boss of your life, not them. They can come along for the ride or hit the curb as they wish. They don't get to be master of your life. Now you may think that harsh, but for me I'd rather not have family around me who don't respect me and my life. Your mileage may vary.
I don't see it as harsh, I appreciate all feed back!

Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2015, 06:53 AM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post

Tell them it's your winter pelt and to back off or you'll shave them.

Or do what Corkey said.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2015, 08:26 PM   #20
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Tell them it's your winter pelt and to back off or you'll shave them.

Or do what Corkey said.

HAHAHAHAHAAH winter pelt! Good one Gemme!

Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: