cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Jill Biden helps unveil postage stamp honoring Nancy Reagan.

But the White House announcement last week of this event sparked angry commentary on social media by people who noted the Reagans' indifference toward gays and lesbians and to the AIDS crisis that exploded during their time as president and first lady.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jill...180511993.html
Quote:
Even thou this was most unfortunately timed, you have to give credit to Jill Biden! She's a class act IMHO

Nancy Reagan, the "Just Say No" Queen...bah humbug IDK, who was worse Ronny or Nancy.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:19 PM   #82
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Nancy Reagan, the "Just Say No" Queen...bah humbug IDK, who was worse Ronny or Nancy.
I would say Nancy!

I don't Ronny took a crap without getting the OK from Nancy AND I don't think she gave the OK until she checked with her astrologer first!

It's my own personal opinion but I too have a issue that neither addressed Aids. Both had political and Hollywood ties and could of spearheaded campaigns to draw attention to the crisis and didn't! Thank god Liz Taylor pitched in and helped!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2022, 09:47 AM   #83
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I would say Nancy!

I don't Ronny took a crap without getting the OK from Nancy AND I don't think she gave the OK until she checked with her astrologer first!

It's my own personal opinion but I too have a issue that neither addressed Aids. Both had political and Hollywood ties and could of spearheaded campaigns to draw attention to the crisis and didn't! Thank god Liz Taylor pitched in and helped!
Both Nancy and Ronny ruined a lot of lives. The whole Drug Tzar thing and that high mandatory sentencing for even the smallest amounts. When I owned a townhouse outside of FLL in Pembroke Lakes, my neighbor was smoking a joint on his front porch, a cop came by and arrested him. He was cruising the streets, and this was a two-rance community that was pretty much tucked away. My spouse then could very well have been out there with him. They were good friends. They busted his son, too, but he got out. We were very tight-lipped about the whole thing. She was paranoid about everything after that. I can't blame her.

This guy got 10-20 years in prison for a small amount of weed for personal use. I know for a fact that the weed was all he had. They almost lost their home. The wife and son worked hard to make ends meet. He built up his landscaping business, and she went to work doing some difficult job that made her come home dead tired. When I lost my townhouse in the Great Recession, he still had not come home, which was over ten years. I got acid from another neighbor.

The AIDS Crisis was horrible back then. They needed research money badly. It caused the largest LGBT march in DC. I was in that action and the die-in in front of the SCOTUS. I worked medical for the die-in in case the DC police injured one of the participants. Cops weren't about to touch anyone who had AIDS. Organizers put all the medical staff in isolation gowns, gloves, and goggles if they caused significant injury with bleeding.

That was after the march itself, where the Leather Contingent were sharp. There were Leathermen in chaps, codpiece, shined boots, and a vest. That's it for the bottoms. The Tops wore head-to-toe shined leather. They put the Leatherdykes up front with our biker jackets with chains on our applets. T, The men put those of us sporting floggers and whips in front by the banner that read "Leather Contingent." When we started, all you could hear was the thuddy sound of leather slapping leather and the swinging of chains in unison. Have no photos of that, but the Leather Archives in Chgo has many. I think it's on Clark or used to be, near Women and Children First Books around Foster. A few of us watched the entire march from beginning to end. It was impressive; we returned to the starting point and watched the groups come through. The crowd estimate was 250,000.

It was also the last time the entire NAMES Quilt was displayed, taking up nearly the whole Ellipse. It took about four hours for me to walk it, tears the entire time. Think I did that before the march; we were there four or five days. A good friend, Drusilla (scene name), booked a two-bedroom suite at the Watergate. She is/was a psychiatrist, so she had a little money. She took one-bedroom, I the other. We had a bunch of women staying in the suite's main room on the floor, one of whom brought me my morning coffee...good times from a negative.

The whole point of the march and the SCOTUS action was LGBT rights and money for AIDS research. In the 1980s-90s, I got news of more friend's deaths every week, some by suicide, to avoid the horrible AIDS-related cancers, toxoplasmosis, and PCP. I still see my Leather brothers, who were taken by senseless ignorance. The first time I heard about these new once-a-day wonder pills that make HIV undetectable by lab tests and make it not passed any longer by sex, I wept. How many people could that have saved? Good friends who were lost too young. The Leather community collapsed on itself. My friends and I shuttled condoms from AIDS awareness charities to the Leather bars like The Eagle and bathhouses. The fishbowls were always empty before we could get more.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:27 PM   #84
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Both Nancy and Ronny ruined a lot of lives. The whole Drug Tzar thing and that high mandatory sentencing for even the smallest amounts. When I owned a townhouse outside of FLL in Pembroke Lakes, my neighbor was smoking a joint on his front porch, a cop came by and arrested him. He was cruising the streets, and this was a two-rance community that was pretty much tucked away. My spouse then could very well have been out there with him. They were good friends. They busted his son, too, but he got out. We were very tight-lipped about the whole thing. She was paranoid about everything after that. I can't blame her.

This guy got 10-20 years in prison for a small amount of weed for personal use. I know for a fact that the weed was all he had. They almost lost their home. The wife and son worked hard to make ends meet. He built up his landscaping business, and she went to work doing some difficult job that made her come home dead tired. When I lost my townhouse in the Great Recession, he still had not come home, which was over ten years. I got acid from another neighbor.

The AIDS Crisis was horrible back then. They needed research money badly. It caused the largest LGBT march in DC. I was in that action and the die-in in front of the SCOTUS. I worked medical for the die-in in case the DC police injured one of the participants. Cops weren't about to touch anyone who had AIDS. Organizers put all the medical staff in isolation gowns, gloves, and goggles if they caused significant injury with bleeding.

That was after the march itself, where the Leather Contingent were sharp. There were Leathermen in chaps, codpiece, shined boots, and a vest. That's it for the bottoms. The Tops wore head-to-toe shined leather. They put the Leatherdykes up front with our biker jackets with chains on our applets. T, The men put those of us sporting floggers and whips in front by the banner that read "Leather Contingent." When we started, all you could hear was the thuddy sound of leather slapping leather and the swinging of chains in unison. Have no photos of that, but the Leather Archives in Chgo has many. I think it's on Clark or used to be, near Women and Children First Books around Foster. A few of us watched the entire march from beginning to end. It was impressive; we returned to the starting point and watched the groups come through. The crowd estimate was 250,000.

It was also the last time the entire NAMES Quilt was displayed, taking up nearly the whole Ellipse. It took about four hours for me to walk it, tears the entire time. Think I did that before the march; we were there four or five days. A good friend, Drusilla (scene name), booked a two-bedroom suite at the Watergate. She is/was a psychiatrist, so she had a little money. She took one-bedroom, I the other. We had a bunch of women staying in the suite's main room on the floor, one of whom brought me my morning coffee...good times from a negative.

The whole point of the march and the SCOTUS action was LGBT rights and money for AIDS research. In the 1980s-90s, I got news of more friend's deaths every week, some by suicide, to avoid the horrible AIDS-related cancers, toxoplasmosis, and PCP. I still see my Leather brothers, who were taken by senseless ignorance. The first time I heard about these new once-a-day wonder pills that make HIV undetectable by lab tests and make it not passed any longer by sex, I wept. How many people could that have saved? Good friends who were lost too young. The Leather community collapsed on itself. My friends and I shuttled condoms from AIDS awareness charities to the Leather bars like The Eagle and bathhouses. The fishbowls were always empty before we could get more.
I was still a young kid in the 80s but I remember the Reagans war on drugs, I didnt understand it much till I got older and got into drugs, weed is not a drug, its a plant that cures diseases and help people with chronic pain.. haha chronic.. sorry had a lil giggle. I still see people being jailed over weed more than meth, cocaine, heroin, pills, etc....yet we all know big pharma is behind the pills. I recall my first time of having a friend with AIDS, he was an older gay guy I met at drug rehab, we spoke on many occasions about his life, how he thinks he got AIDS and he educated me on things I never knew, because schools don't educate properly..imo...He told me he got aids from sharing a needle with an infected person, IV drug used, not cleaning a needle, constant sharing and numerous partners. Not long after we both completed our stint in rehab, this was my 2nd, he passed away, like 4 months after, I found out through a NA group we used to attend together. I was hurt, because if those medical drugs were available at the time it is now, he would still be here!

HE is the one who taught me to be transparent with telling my partners everything from my drug past, shared needles, always get hiv and aids tests, I still do even after being clean for 20 plus years. I miss him, very much, if he was around and telling his stories maybe we wouldn't have the epidemic we have now.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2022, 06:36 PM   #85
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Mitch McConnell says the labor shortage will be solved when people run out of stimulus money because Americans are 'flush for the moment'

IMHO..This *MF is SO removed from reality it'd be laughable if it wasn't so deadly!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcc...193708143.html
Old 07-06-2022, 02:09 AM   #86
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Mitch McConnell says the labor shortage will be solved when people run out of stimulus money because Americans are 'flush for the moment'

IMHO..This *MF is SO removed from reality it'd be laughable if it wasn't so deadly!
I agree it is deadly.

I just don't think it's so much that he is removed from reality as he is trying to create his own, i think he is very clear on his message and the things he says, as ridiculous as they sound to most thinking people, reinforces the narrative the radical right is trying to portray. I think it is a purposeful misdirection and it is a part of the Republican agenda (at least what passes as Republican nowadays). It is dog whistling. And it is heard loud and clear by those who wish to blame the government/liberals/Biden for their problems and still hold fast to that ludicrous narrative about lazy poor people (especially POC) who are being mollycoddled while sucking on the government teat. One thing it is not is a benign statement made by some out of touch politician who just doesn't understand. He understands perfectly well what he is doing and saying and who he is talking to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 08:09 PM   #87
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

After posting this yesterday, I thought about gas prices soaring, rents skyrocketing, and the cost of most groceries climbing out of reach, especially meats, who in hell in this day and age is flused with cash!
Old 07-07-2022, 05:26 AM   #88
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:

After posting this yesterday, I thought about gas prices soaring, rents skyrocketing, and the cost of most groceries climbing out of reach, especially meats, who in hell in this day and age is flused with cash!
Got no idea how these nuevo riche have so much money. Did they get the same stimulus checks that I got? It went for bills. Since CoVid, many businesses closed for good, at least up here. Folks are poor here. The idea of The Great Resignation is a frequently the butt of jokes at the market. No one is spending like there's no tomorrow. So, again I ask, did these people with the money to take expensive, unnecessary trips and buy some previously unseen evidence of Conspicuous Consumption get the same as I did?
OR
Are they spending their inheritance? All I know is that one NEVER spends the principle according to my parents who weathered the Great Depression rather nicely and always found money for charity. At home, we might have been told to tighten our belts, but charity was mandatory just like the electric bill. There are many going hungry in the US as well as elsewhere. I'm on SSDI, but still give about half of the it to charity. Maybe, they don't spend frivolously on charity. That could be it. I waste money on charity <said tongue-in-cheek>.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:34 PM   #89
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I spent 20 bucks at winco foods and go the equivelant of 40 from other grocey stores or walmart, here in Oklahoma!

Im in an extended stay place for a bit so I had to get some food, when I know my schedule I will buy more, lately pb and j or cereal is fine with me LOL but WTF

Albert Einstein
Old 07-07-2022, 08:54 PM   #90
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

WASHINGTON — Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., suggested in a videotaped podcast this week that the shootings on the Fourth of July, including the one in Highland Park, Illinois, were “designed” to get Republicans to support gun restrictions.

“Here’s what I have to say. I mean. Two shootings on July 4: one in a rich white neighborhood and the other at a fireworks display. It almost sounds like it’s designed to persuade Republicans to go along with more gun control. I mean, after all, we didn’t see that happen at all the pride parades in the month of June,” Greene said.

Oh sure Marjorie I'm sure that's the reason and not because these events were done by some unstable mental cases!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-green...172939156.html
Old 07-08-2022, 07:54 PM   #91
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

State taxes...

WTF!!!!

Albert Einstein
Old 07-08-2022, 08:35 PM   #92
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

They cancelled Gentleman Jack!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 02:43 PM   #93
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
OMG are you kidding me!

I'm beyond devistated Soft, please say it ain't so!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 02:49 PM   #94
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default It's a crying shame when a bbq isn't affordable but Mitch is clueless..

Quote:

As summer barbecues become more expensive, Stew Leonard Jr., president and CEO of Stew Leonard's, has noticed that consumer behavior is changing.

"We can tell customers are starting to be a little more frugal about their shopping list," said Leonard, who owns seven grocery store locations.

The average cost of a summer cookout for 10 people has risen to $69.98 this year, a 17% increase year-over-year, the American Farm Bureau reported.

And according to the latest consumer price index data, food costs are up 10.1% year over year as the Russian invasion of Ukraine and global supply chain snarls have led to price increases in a wide variety of groceries. Ketchup prices have spiked 21%, snacks are up more than 13%, hot dogs more than 10%, and ice cream prices have risen nearly 10%. Beer, meanwhile, has only increased about 4%.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/i...120754086.html
Old 07-10-2022, 02:24 PM   #95
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post

You're lucky these aren't the olden times when they literally shot the messenger who delivered bad news...
Old 07-10-2022, 02:31 PM   #96
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
OMG are you kidding me!

Oh it be so damn it!

Godforbid HBO keep one of their better shows!
Old 07-10-2022, 04:12 PM   #97
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
As summer barbecues become more expensive, Stew Leonard Jr., president and CEO of Stew Leonard's, has noticed that consumer behavior is changing.

"We can tell customers are starting to be a little more frugal about their shopping list," said Leonard, who owns seven grocery store locations.

The average cost of a summer cookout for 10 people has risen to $69.98 this year, a 17% increase year-over-year, the American Farm Bureau reported.

And according to the latest consumer price index data, food costs are up 10.1% year over year as the Russian invasion of Ukraine and global supply chain snarls have led to price increases in a wide variety of groceries. Ketchup prices have spiked 21%, snacks are up more than 13%, hot dogs more than 10%, and ice cream prices have risen nearly 10%. Beer, meanwhile, has only increased about 4%.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/i...120754086.html
I get it but from yahoo front page LOL yeah no I'd rather see this from the wall street journal

Albert Einstein
Old 07-11-2022, 03:35 PM   #98
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I get it but from yahoo front page LOL yeah no I'd rather see this from the wall street journal

Actually I first heard this story on a ABC news report & also on Bloomberg if that makes it more reliable.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-beef-chicken
Old 07-12-2022, 12:09 AM   #99
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Actually I first heard this story on a ABC news report & also on Bloomberg if that makes it more reliable.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-beef-chicken
yeah, yahoo I don't trust, I just use it for email these days, because Ive noticed certain things after I refresh, headlines change on the same article!

Albert Einstein
Old 07-12-2022, 01:14 PM   #100
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OMG are you kidding me!

It’s true! I am heart sick!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:

Tags
crooks, dumb asses