Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #61
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

A simple description of my belief in heaven and hell is that each of us create our own based on the position we are in life when we reflect on the existence of each.

That being said and possibly 'clear as mud' to some, Let me explain my belief. First of all I believe we always exist as a spiritual being. At points in time we exist as spirit and an incarnate being. In our pure spiritual state, we are 'perfectbeings'. Being perfect does not allow us to grow or to experience emotions. So we choose to incarnate in order to grow our spirit. We do ths many times living many lifes. In some lifetimes we are the victor, the perpetrator, and others the underdog, or the victim. In each life we set out to learn the lessons we wish to learn, we bring with us other spirits that help us experience what we need to experience to learn our lessons. We choose our limitations and our challenges to overcome in order to meet our life's goal. Others present us with love, hate, gain, and loss (these are the variables for change in our life's plan). We don't know when are how these present themselves. We each,too, present the unknowns to others along our life's path. Living in a physical embodiment is our choice. Meeting and learning our lessons is our commitment to ourself and to our fellow spirits. Of course the difficulty we have is that we enter each life armed only with the knowledge and experience we need for our current life. So in essesence every life is a new beginning. With each death in each lifetime we grow our spirit. In spirit we are one. So as we grow our own spirit, we grow the composite spirit 'Great Spirit'. In this we are only as great as our least human and only as small as our greatest human in our lifetime. This of course is the preamble for our organized relgions, our cultures ,and our laws.

As some are thinking now, then how can we be one in Spirit and be so diverse in our beliefs, our treatment of others. It is pretty simple, these are our challenges. Whether we can set aside our differences to help each other, will determine whether we grow or diminish our own spirit and ultimately 'Great Spirit'. Blessings to all.
The Following User Says Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #62
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Heaven v/s Hell, this is easy!

Heaven is going to be what you want it to be. Do you want all the saints around so you can ask any question you want? Do you just want to worship Father God? Or do you want to explore the beauties of heaven, the waterfalls, the scenery, read books and gain knowledge? It all depends, IMHO, on what you want to do, perhaps all of it a little at a time.

Hell, on the contrary, is HOT AND MISERABLE.
You know that burning lake of fire you've heard about? Yeah, it's waiting for ya if you don't live your life right baby. God loves us and wants to save us from that! My granddad scared the daylights out of me about hell when I was young, telling me how all you do is burn, you're in pain, you're tongue swells up in your mouth, your throat is dry and cracked, and YOU CAN'T HAVE A DRINK OF WATER! That sounds awful!!! That's not for me man, I've got a ticket to the big show! Been baptized and everything and proud of it sugar!
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #63
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I don't believe in heaven or hell other then metaphor. For some reason people need these contrasts, good and evil, right and wrong, in order to manage their lives. They then can add the trappings of guilt, failure and all the other things the ego gets to rule and control. But to each their own. You need what you need to take your journey.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #64
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Nightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post

Lastly, I think that the idea of an afterlife encourages us to not fully live and appreciate our lives now.
This! And:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
One last thing about heaven and hell. While it may make folks uncomfortable to have this pointed out, largely heaven and hell are seen as reward or punishment.
This!

I am here to live my life now, with as much integrity and honesty as I can because I believe that's how quality is achieved, for both myself and those around me. Not because of some threat or promise of a comeuppance in an afterlife.
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightshade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #65
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I don't believe in heaven or hell other then metaphor. For some reason people need these contrasts, good and evil, right and wrong, in order to manage their lives. They then can add the trappings of guilt, failure and all the other things the ego gets to rule and control. But to each their own. You need what you need to take your journey.
I like this post! I also believe ego has a huge part of people's personal hell. And even without the ego, I believe the heaven and hell we live is all self imposed. I too see them as metaphors, and not places I will go to but, places I visit regularly. I don't spend much time in hell though. I know I deserve much more than to do that. (and I think I'm much friendlier when not in hell. lol)

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #66
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I used to believe in heaven and hell.

Not so much anymore. I do believe in an afterlife or new life. I don't think our spirits end when we take our last breath. As i've posted before I have had an afterlife experience so i know something is out there. And, being a nurse I've seen things that you would not believe at all.

Being brought up southern Baptist it was brainwashed into my head as far back as i can remember. Good=heaven. Bad=hell.

However, with maturity I have come to realize that it isn't so cut and dry.

Good people can do bad things sometimes. Bad people can do good things.

The lines are too fuzzy to know where they cross. With that thought it sorta proves, IMO, that the places of heaven and hell are man's way of promoting Hierarchy in a world full of "better than you" thought behaviours.

I have choosen not to worry bout it anymore. I have choosen to believe when i leave here I go back to the place i've seen. I don't know if it was heaven. I don't care. I just know it was beautiful and parts of my family are there now.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #67
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

There is no destination hell or heaven, there is only this life and what we make of it NOW. There is no grand reward or punishment there is only this life and for 75 (if we are lucky) years we make our way, pay our consequences, accept our lot, revel in joy and suffer in sorrow, flow in love. All of it is NOW, a fleeting, glorious, heart breaking, careening, amazing, joyful ride through time to the end.
Amazing, isn't it?

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #68
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I used to believe in heaven and hell.

Not so much anymore. I do believe in an afterlife or new life. I don't think our spirits end when we take our last breath. As i've posted before I have had an afterlife experience so i know something is out there. And, being a nurse I've seen things that you would not believe at all.

Being brought up southern Baptist it was brainwashed into my head as far back as i can remember. Good=heaven. Bad=hell.

However, with maturity I have come to realize that it isn't so cut and dry.

Good people can do bad things sometimes. Bad people can do good things.

The lines are too fuzzy to know where they cross. With that thought it sorta proves, IMO, that the places of heaven and hell are man's way of promoting Hierarchy in a world full of "better than you" thought behaviours.

I have choosen not to worry bout it anymore. I have choosen to believe when i leave here I go back to the place i've seen. I don't know if it was heaven. I don't care. I just know it was beautiful and parts of my family are there now.
I'm sorry if your experience wasn't a good one, or the means to having the experience I should say. Wow, what a lucky thing, a sneak peek! I would believe every story you have. I worked 3.5 years in a nursing home while in college. I have some amazing stories to tell also. I think working there has had a lot to do with how I see some things now.

And I 100% agree with the scare tactics used in a "better than you" hack up manor is just what you said, "mans way of promoting hierarchy".

The Following User Says Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #69
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
There is no destination hell or heaven, there is only this life and what we make of it NOW. There is no grand reward or punishment there is only this life and for 75 (if we are lucky) years we make our way, pay our consequences, accept our lot, revel in joy and suffer in sorrow, flow in love. All of it is NOW, a fleeting, glorious, heart breaking, careening, amazing, joyful ride through time to the end.
Amazing, isn't it?
Yes! It is amazing! Thank you for this post.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #70
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
I'm sorry if your experience wasn't a good one, or the means to having the experience I should say. Wow, what a lucky thing, a sneak peek! I would believe every story you have. I worked 3.5 years in a nursing home while in college. I have some amazing stories to tell also. I think working there has had a lot to do with how I see some things now.

And I 100% agree with the scare tactics used in a "better than you" hack up manor is just what you said, "mans way of promoting hierarchy".
Ryobi, my experience when i was 16 was absolutely beautiful and peaceful. It was the best place i've ever been. Sorry i sorta left that out...lol. Yes it was a sneak peak you are right. I suppose that is why death does not scare me at all and helps me be a better hospice nurse when people are crossing over.

I TOTALLY agree with you working in a nursing home you have some stories as well. "We" are very fortunate to have seen things that others would not believe and it does help us make our determination of the afterlife.

Great thread.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: