Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 12-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2012 - What does it mean to you?

Welcome all,

We are daily reminded that December 21, 2012 is fast approaching. This forum is a place to discuss your beliefs, ideas, concerns of the 'end of the world' approaching. Please be respectful in your discussion and replies.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am glad that I have already lived through a few "end of the world" dates.
Personally, I think it is used by organized religion as a way to manipulate people through fear. Dinner party at my house Dec. 22 2012. The guest of honor will be Jesus.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwuO3bMK2g&feature=related"]YouTube- Sarah palin in 2012 SNL keith Olbermann[/ame]
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default My Vision

I received a Vision during a meditation in 1994 which is the basis for my belief system. I was 'born' with a gift of precognition. As a child, I was told it was a series of coincidences and or my imagination. By the time I reached puberty, I had accepted those explanations and stopped paying attention to any premonitions that came about. I went from a devote Catholic to an atheist at this same timeframe. In my 20s I began to reexamine the possibility that there was 'something' bigger than each of us as human beings. I pretty well held that idea until my early 40s. I studied and discussed many religions, my ancestry (Scandianavian) beliefs, and shared my life with three individuals from different Native American Nations. A number of my ceremonies were adopted from these. I also embrace a number of the Asian Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern,and Norse traditions. I do believe that our earth's crust is shifting validated by scientific research and discovery of the movement of the North Pole. I do ccept that the seasons are shifting in response to this. I am very intrigued with the pyramids in Egypt nd in Mexico. These that are interpreted as calendars for the end of the world December 21, 2012. This correspoding to the Bible's 'Book of Revelation'. I don't personally ear this time arriving, I see i as a metamorphsis of human beings into loving, caring, sharing, peaceful beings with extraordinary capabilities of healing on all levels of being.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I am glad that I have already lived through a few "end of the world" dates.
Personally, I think it is used by organized religion as a way to manipulate people through fear. Dinner party at my house Dec. 22 2012. The guest of honor will be Jesus.
I would like to attend. It would definitely make great table discussion. I have so many questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Welcome all,

We are daily reminded that December 21, 2012 is fast approaching. This forum is a place to discuss your beliefs, ideas, concerns of the 'end of the world' approaching. Please be respectful in your discussion and replies.
Hello - my belief is that it is all media hype to push the movie that came out (is coming out?). Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation
Default a-s-t-r-o-n-o-m-y, not astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Hello - my belief is that it is all media hype to push the movie that came out (is coming out?). Rufus
Totally. That along with tons of books to be sold and other agendas needing to be fueled/filled.

The Mayan calendar was designed to be cyclical, so the fact that it comes to an end in December 2012 means it's the end of the great calendar cycle in Mayan society (as SuperFemme mentioned past 'ends' she's lived through - remember when our society was gonna end at the millenium?) not the 'end of the world'. In fact, if the Mayan calendar does not even end then, then why in the world does anyone believe there is any evidence to suggest that the Mayans (or anyone for that matter) knew when the world's going to end?

I wonder, on the winter solstice in 2012, when the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years and whatever energy typically streams from it's nougaty center to the earth will be disrupted, if we'll be able to sell a bunch of candy bars.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Welcome all,

It means to me that I have to get a new debit card, as it expires then, oh and to call my friend on the 22nd to see how he's doing. Thanks for the reminder!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

See this is what I find rather amusing about the End of Timers, in the Bible it clearly states that the day and time of the end of days isn't known by any man. Therefore how could the Maya know that their calendar would be held captive by the very same religion who believes in the Bible. Beyond belief for me. It isn't the end of the earth, it is the end of a calendar cycle, the 4th one. See life goes on........
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 12-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

I wonder, on the winter solstice in 2012, when the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years and whatever energy typically streams from it's nougaty center to the earth will be disrupted, if we'll be able to sell a bunch of candy bars.

This has already happened 4 years ago according to the Science channel, the aligning of the center of our galexy and the earth and sun, um pinches m'self, yep still here.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile 2012

This will be a time of change for people. Other than that, I am going to refrain from posting my true feelings/beliefs.

Superfemme, I want to come to your dinner party. Tell me what to bring.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #12
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

My oldest daughter will turn 25 on that day......it will mean to me a big celebration....

with regard to the mayan calendar and the numerous misinterpretations and the movie that just feeds into all that stuff.... ehhhhhh
I am sure the good christians that are pushing for a nuclear holocaust in the middle east will work to make sure it does not occur on that day....cause if it does then "non christians" were right.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #13
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

What also needs to be remembered is that this alignment will last for only a fraction of a second and the planets will go about on their orbits. So, unless the galaxy blinks and we all miss it, life will go on.

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lillith For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #14
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

well the year 2012...

I will turn 30...

I will run my first marathon and...

if that does not kill me I will hopefully be invited to previsouly said dinner party...

only time will tell... we all have survived the millenium so why not wait to see whats next...

if it is the end of the world or spaceships come and take us away, or God comes down and is all God like.. I just hope I am with my family and loved ones... and no matter what happens we are all at peace with one another...

the end (so to speak)

Smiles
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hottprof For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Well, after reading all the posts, it means I get to have dinner in California the day after.....yay!!!

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #16
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Dec 21, 2012 is a super duper all out special day because it's our anniversary, as is Dec 21, 2011, as is Dec 21, 2010, as is tomorrow.

The world better fucking not end on my anniversary. You wanna see wrath?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #17
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Dec 21, 2012 is a super duper all out special day because it's our anniversary, as is Dec 21, 2011, as is Dec 21, 2010, as is tomorrow.

Not really!!

Happy Anniversary MsDemeanor/MrDemeanor
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #18
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

2012 to me??
i think its just a hype thing........
but i i also believe in god.
some might think its silly to believe in that.......... but i dont.
but i also believe there are a lot of unexplained mystery's on this earth.

i also believe in my travels and seeing the world from this truck... that there has to be more then what i can see.
i LOVE this song

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisVTCOrN3s"]YouTube- Brooks & Dunn believe[/nomedia]

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #19
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I found the truth:

Bizarro, by Dan Piraro, Dec 21, 2009 comic: linkyloo
Old 12-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post

December 21st was my anniversary too! And to the one I liked, so that's a good thing.

Happy Anniversary!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote