Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 04-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

i decided to forego Seder this year at my synagogue...i am barred from actual membership because of who i am...until i came out to them several years ago there was absolutely nothing wrong with me working with the middle school kids and hosting 4 exchange students from Israel...

i do have a couple of options...the LGBT group at one of the other synagogues will be having their own Seder or i can have my own...

i was thrilled to discover last weekend that the Fresh Market here in Charlotte carries whole wheat matzo which means i don't have to go to the Kosher Mart on Sunday...i really dislike that store...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I wish everyone a happy Passover and a wonderful Seder.

Peace to all here,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
i decided to forego Seder this year at my synagogue...i am barred from actual membership because of who i am...until i came out to them several years ago there was absolutely nothing wrong with me working with the middle school kids and hosting 4 exchange students from Israel...

i do have a couple of options...the LGBT group at one of the other synagogues will be having their own Seder or i can have my own...

i was thrilled to discover last weekend that the Fresh Market here in Charlotte carries whole wheat matzo which means i don't have to go to the Kosher Mart on Sunday...i really dislike that store...
Miss Scarlett I am so sorry you are not welcome at your shul! I am assuming you are Orthodox? I am at a Conservative synagogue and my Rabbi is very involved in Keshet and is so welcoming to me and my partner. It has been wonderful.

I have yet to do a true seder at my house. It is daunting and I feel intimidated. I am grateful that we have an invitation.

SO sunday is the big clean for me. We have our matzah already and except for the super chametz mix I feed our two ratties we will be chametz free.

I hope you have a good seder wherever you decide to go.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Miss Scarlett I am so sorry you are not welcome at your shul! I am assuming you are Orthodox? I am at a Conservative synagogue and my Rabbi is very involved in Keshet and is so welcoming to me and my partner. It has been wonderful.

I have yet to do a true seder at my house. It is daunting and I feel intimidated. I am grateful that we have an invitation.

SO sunday is the big clean for me. We have our matzah already and except for the super chametz mix I feed our two ratties we will be chametz free.

I hope you have a good seder wherever you decide to go.
Thanks Hon, my shul is best described as Hypocrital...i always identified more as Lubavitcher because of my paternal great-grandmother's family...that's who they were.

Since my "shunning" as i like to call it i've managed to find my own balance and am doing nicely there but i do miss that connection...

There's a Keshet group here but i was always so busy elsewhere in the LGBT community i never managed to connect with them...loks like that may or may not change. One of the Rabbis here at the Reform Congregation performs weddings for LGBT couples - she just did one up in DC. Before i venture near Temple Beth El i want to meet with her...i'm sure you can understand why...

i've received an invitation from my doctor to attend his family's humongous Seder...that will be an experience - been there before...he and his wife are from South Africa and they manage to cram an average of 60 people in their house...they will hold that next Sunday...

i can pull off huge, huge, huge dinners but a Seder is way more than that...so i understand your hesitation to do your own...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Default a belated "Gut Yontif" for Pesach!

Miss Scarlet, i find reprehensible that you are not welcome now by that synagogue! when i was rabbi, my shul knew i was lesbian and very much out/proud BEFORE they invited me to be rabbi! and this was at a small mixed shul in a small southern town, yet! i married, buried, taught religious school (with children of all ages), did bar/bas mitvahs, and made no bones about the fact i was both orthodox and queer. my big adoptive mishpochah there had no problems with it-lol, they even tried to find me "a nice jewish girl", as i was single at the time. (of course, they still wanted grandchildren from me-go figure!) i kept in touch w/every one of them until the last one died. i was very lucky and had many bubbes and zaydes. this was very nice, as my own biological family threw me out after my father died.
the community seders i presided over at the shul were ecumenical-anyone was welcome (who might not be elijah, nu?)-and included traditions from jewish communities from all over the world and all spans of time. i liked to do research and find new and interesting ways to do the seder every year. afer the initial shock of the first seder, the entire shul got into it. we always had great and varied foods! always kosher, of course!
as a single Taoist/Buddhist roshi, no seders for me right now, but i would love to attend one again, given the chance.
i'd bring my famous beloved sweet lokshen kugel, only now made w/soy milk or almond milk.
again, Gut Yontif, and isn't it time to start counting the omer?
namaste and shalom,
DamselFly
to make my own contribution
(Buddhist prayer, a favorite of H.H.)

DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default L'Shanah Tovah!

It's Erev Rosh Ha'shanah! Wishing everyone here a sweet New Year. I will go to services in the morning and then to a creek for Tashlich. That is my favorite New Year ritual.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
Delish

How Do You Identify?:
Queen of our castle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
She put a ring on it and the date is set :)

Delish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST Reputation

Happy New Year to all my jewish friends
Old 09-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

L'Shana Tova!

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #9
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Chanukah Sameach!

"Rolling in the Deep" lyrics & guitar solo by Ash Soular

IDF Field Unit Special Chanukah Video

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 03:29 PM   #10
Clyde

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Queer Butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/They.
Relationship Status:
Butchelor.

Clyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST Reputation

Old 04-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #11
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,258 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Didn't love the first bit (chipmunky) but after that I laughed my guts out. Thanks Clyde. Miss you too.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: