Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #221
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

(((((((((( island U and urs )))))))))))
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #222
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
(((((((((( island U and urs )))))))))))

Thank you ocean, you are a sweet woman.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #223
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
Sad tonight for my girlfriend's father, who is dying tonight, and maybe tomorrow, and maybe for a few days more.

He was so kind to me, the two years I lived with her, and he wrote a sweet letter to me, thanking me for the tea I sent for him and his wife, for Christmas.

I will always feel grateful for his kindness and how much he loved his daughters. What a loving man, it shone through his shyness and introspective ways.

((((((Island)))))))) so sorry to read this , hang in there.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #224
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Sadly, a topic I am all too familiar with. Until I was 46, I had not dealt with death or any real grieving process whatsoever. I thought I had been blessed beyond belief to have lived that long and to never have lost anyone or anything that belonged to my heart. I have been in love twice in my life. Both of those people passed away within nine months of each other in 2006/07. One was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident and the other died from stage four melanoma. I had no idea just how deep those wounds went. I had no idea how to even begin to grieve. I pushed it all as deeply within myself as I possibly could and thought I wouldn't look back on it and I wouldn't remember and I would just move forward. I learned in a very hard way that you simply cannot do that. You have to grieve and you have to let it wash over you. You have to accept the pain and embrace it for what it is if you are to ever move past it. Once I did that [over two years later] then I began to understand what it meant to me to love both of them and moreso, what it meant to me to lose both of them. It took me a few years to deal with it and it was probably the darkest days of my life once I finally opened the bleeding wounds. There was a period of about three months when I actually was mute. I couldn't speak and I wouldn't respond. It was pretty overwhelming but y'know what? I lived through it, I accepted it, and now I can breathe again in a quiet, calm and peaceful place. I can remember both of them with joy and love and not the all consuming sadness and anger that was once all I felt after they were gone. I think this grieving process is different for everyone. I think we all have internal modes of self preservation and survival and what is strong enough for one may indeed not be nearly enough for another. I know some people who never quite heal the wounds and are never the same again after losing a piece of their heart and then there are some who are able to move past it seemingly much quicker. We are all such emotional and fragile beings. I believe though that you absolutely have to take the time to grieve and accept the finality of a death, you have to find where and how you live with it and where it lives within you, and once you are able to find that acceptance & quiet the sadness you can then begin to move into a brighter place, and find that then there is room for joy and love once again.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #225
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

February's a hard month for me.

Both my parents passed away in February, different years, same month. Odd coincidence, my mother's funeral was the same date as my dad's passing.

February is also a month of 'would-be' anniversaries. Would be meaning those relationships are no longer.

I still miss my moms, she was an amazing woman, tiny but powerful. You would swear she was 6ft tall. She was wise, kind, funny and took no shit from anyone. Oh, and protective... I think she carried bricks in her purse cause one swipe and BAM, you're down.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #226
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Well I have indeed survived, but I cannot say the grief has become less; different, but not less. I still have such anger at my Mother for smoking and causing her health issues, with a seeming disregard of the people left to grieve. But yet, i have started to really think of her as a "person" and not just my Mom, and I have begun the process of forgiveness finally.

I miss her every day, but I try to think of the good memories now instead of the last years where the hospital and worry became my best friends. I know that in time I will carry her in my heart as a part of who I have become because of her, and every day when I think of her it will be only with love.
I forgot to mention (and I was asked), that May 22nd will be 3 years since my mom passed and still this processing continues. Makes you wonder if it ever ends?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #227
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Spring is coming......

Hey Ma !!

Just wanted to say that spring is soon to be here. All the lil buds and touches of greenery here, there and everywhere will start happening. The trees which were always your friends will soon show their buds in preparation of opening up and 'leaf-ing' all the branches of these trees..... ahhh so beautiful!! The re-growth that you so loved and helped you come out of that fall and winter funk! All the new life happening, sights, sounds and smells. The dirt you longed to dig into with your fingers, always new flowers or shrubs and an occasional fruit tree. Where your earthy body lays is surrounded by a forest of trees, so appropriate. 4 years Ma, and then some. Still is as painful, still is as heartbreaking, still missing you every day.

Spring also brings new growth for me Ma. Additions to my life, love and happiness. All newness even at my age. All welcomed. What a feeling of growth, I am thankful for the love I am given and so much more in this life. My spring newness starts in a place I have never been, she is there....and I want to be no where else but by her side, her in my arms. Her beauty parallels all that comes with spring, her heart is the most beautiful flower I have ever seen, always in bloom.

Ma, I know you are here, I can see you in all that surrounds me. I love you Ma......

number6of10
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #228
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

After my father died 13 years ago someone told me that the pain gets softer. It will always be there, but it just gets softer. It had to be one the best things that anyone has ever told me about death.
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #229
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today was my Mom's Birthday; she would have been 73 years old.

Happy Birthday Momma, I miss you as much today as I did the day you died.

Yes Queenie, it does indeed become softer.....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #230
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I was at the greenhouses today, collecting a few veggies and talking about "yellow spot " on tomatoes ...asked if they had any of that "special spray "but I couldn't recall the name ... said I'd have to call Momma D because she'd know ... then it suddenly hit me like a crushing blow that I couldn't call her... ever again. Damn...no words describe the pain I felt at that moment.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #231
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

My Dear, Sweet, Kind, and Good, Mama; It's dark, and raining kidneys and bladders here on the lake this morning, just like on the morning you died 13 years ago today, from kidney failure and bladder cancer. But that's all past now. I deliberately went out walking around in it, to show my respect for all the storms we weathered together, and wondering where, and how you are. I am still missing you. I am still helping the poor animals like you taught me to, along with so many other good things you taught me. Yeah, I still like being alone alot, yet, I am still missing you so very much, and I always will.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #232
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:

not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default I never stop......

missing you.

I got a frame for your pic, you know the one taken with you holding your bounty of blueberries from the bushes in the yard, your bushes.....your yard. That was the last summer for you, and here we are almost 5 years later.......berry harvesting is in its glory and all of your "spots" in the forest have been tagged. Always leaving some for the animals who live in the surroundings, per your request! As I look at your picture, your smile, that goofy hat to keep the sun off of your neck, seeing that sweet face Ma.......feels like I could run into you tomorrow as if you were never gone.......and then I think back.....almost 5 years since I hugged you, kissed your face and said how much I love you.....yea, you are gone and I remember all over again. But your blueberries and currant bushes stay and produce an abundance to provide goodies for loved ones. And I remember you now....always.

love,
number6of10
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #233
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Missing you my lil sis

Today I talked to my lil sis,s widow and admitted I've had a hard few days.

On my drive back from Oregon I stopped and bought sunflower seeds and my lil sis was so so present....as she used to eat them to stay awake on her drive home from working a 12 hour graveyard shift.

the hole in my heart is there.....I,m so gratefull she was in my life.

I just want to call her.....love you sis.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #234
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

9/26/11: Its been two years that the pain and suffering left your warm and earthly soul and finally met a kinder and gentler home.

You are loved and missed by many family, friends and all those footprints of nature to whom were touched in so many ways.

Love you Mom,
Nancy
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #235
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

10/04/13: This date my Dad left his earthly home to be with my Mom. He was buried 10/11/13 to join my Mom for her 81st birthday! I know it was one hell of a party!

Thank you for bringing me life and all the joys of being your daughter!

Love to both of you!
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #236
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:

Default has it been that long???

Just days away from 5 years gone now. Somehow I am reliving that stage of anger, maybe it is selfish, but I need my Mom to hug me, I need the smell of my Mom to soothe me, I need to see her face and the unconditional love she showered on me through all my life choices, I need her to call me saying she needs me to help her, I need to see her smile and hear her laugh. I would not think after 5 years this anger would come back, but it has......and I miss my Ma terribly right now, to hear her say that she loves me......all of it selfish, but still my needs.......I am so pissed off she has not been here......I want her to walk from around the corner and say I am back. I know....I know........she has been gone and not coming back......but for now, for some reason I am reliving it and my heart is breaking all over again as if it was yesterday. I so miss you Mother....I love you.

number6of10
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2015, 06:01 PM   #237
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:

Default time is seamless.....a few words about missing my Ma,

Still does not feel as if you have been gone 6 and 1/2 years now. Still waiting someday to see you walk from around the corner. Still waiting to hear you call for assistance and smell the deliciousness you always created in the kitchen! Still know that you really are gone, and in Heaven. Still wanna deny this. Still my heart is broken. Still miss your presence here terribly. Still thankful for you birthing me into our family and onto this earth! Still hurts like you died yesterday.........Still love you Ma, with all my heart.

number6of10
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #238
JazzyLou0102

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

JazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST ReputationJazzyLou0102 Has the BEST Reputation
Default New here and...

Hi all,

I'm new to BFP and thought Id introduce myself - on the grieving thread! It's a long story, but I'll try to give the condensed version for now and likely will spill my guts completely later on. Here we go:

Six weeks ago tonight I came home and found my partner dead. She had committed suicide. We had been together for 10 months and had been living together for four months. She was a widow. She lost her predeceased partner about two years before we started seeing each other. She could not overcome the loss of her partner and she probably just wanted to be free of that pain. Now they are together and for that I am glad.

As for me, I decided to accept that I was not the "love of her life", and I also knew that the relationship dynamic was changing from a "lover" relationship to more of a "care-taker" relationship as she became more and more depressed. She refused treatment and continued to self medicate. I didn't realize this was going on until about a month after I moved in. At that point I knew if she didn't get help, things would not end well for her. She persisted down that path until she just couldn't take it any more.

I miss her - but I know she is free of pain.

Thanks for letting me share,

Jazzy
JazzyLou0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JazzyLou0102 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #239
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyLou0102 View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to BFP and thought Id introduce myself - on the grieving thread! It's a long story, but I'll try to give the condensed version for now and likely will spill my guts completely later on. Here we go:

Six weeks ago tonight I came home and found my partner dead. She had committed suicide. We had been together for 10 months and had been living together for four months. She was a widow. She lost her predeceased partner about two years before we started seeing each other. She could not overcome the loss of her partner and she probably just wanted to be free of that pain. Now they are together and for that I am glad.

As for me, I decided to accept that I was not the "love of her life", and I also knew that the relationship dynamic was changing from a "lover" relationship to
more of a "care-taker" relationship as she became more and more depressed. She refused treatment and continued to self medicate. I didn't realize this was going on until about a month after I moved in. At that point I knew if she didn't get help, things would not end well for her. She persisted down that path until she just couldn't take it any more.

I miss her - but I know she is free of pain.

Thanks for letting me share,

Jazzy
I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing...it helps to reach out and express yourself.

Welcome to BFP
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #240
Vamp_Kitty

How Do You Identify?:
Kitty
Relationship Status:
engaged

Vamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST ReputationVamp_Kitty Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

My 4 year old nephew loved to play in the water but the water took him away. He was the most cheerful little kid i could know. His life was not the best but he made the best of anything and everything. His mother wasnt really a mother, she refused to see jr and the older brother. The father did all he could to take care of both of the boys. I love and miss him dearly.

Kitty
Vamp_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vamp_Kitty For This Useful Post: