Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default First gay superheros comic book!

http://news.pinkpaper.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=1987

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
ToppDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch

ToppDyke is on a distinguished road
Default I thought that was Batman & Robin

O well to bad I wish there was a gay comic series that looked more Marvel or DC then sunday paper, but it's great that there is something gay coming out of comic land. However there is already one I know of about some angry feminist lesbian turned punisher and a few others here and there so I wouldn't say this is the 1st. Still as a comic fan unless my heroes look super and not just fabulous I probably wouldn't pick it up.

That is an industry where the cover art has to sell the story & negative space is the enemy. Heck the most characters are not even facing the reader on that so how is there going to be any instant connection to them.

Not trying to be negative about this cuz it's a cool concept, but my POV is it needs a little more put into it.
ToppDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppDyke View Post
O well to bad I wish there was a gay comic series that looked more Marvel or DC then sunday paper, but it's great that there is something gay coming out of comic land. However there is already one I know of about some angry feminist lesbian turned punisher and a few others here and there so I wouldn't say this is the 1st. Still as a comic fan unless my heroes look super and not just fabulous I probably wouldn't pick it up.

That is an industry where the cover art has to sell the story & negative space is the enemy. Heck the most characters are not even facing the reader on that so how is there going to be any instant connection to them.

Not trying to be negative about this cuz it's a cool concept, but my POV is it needs a little more put into it.
Well, I am not a comic guy myself, so I wouldn't know what is already out there. I think, however, what they are saying is that they are the first at having a comic book with "all "gay" characters. <shrug>.

I was just quoting the article and thought that maybe someone would be interested in the link. In reference to the artwork, I guess I see it kind of like when the first lesbian movies came out...they weren't all that good, but we were glad they were out there.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I should have KNOWN Diva would find a way to get into this.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I should have KNOWN Diva would find a way to get into this.

I'm just glad to be the "deadly lesbian".....ROFL!
Though I didn't see her tiara.....

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm just glad to be the "deadly lesbian".....ROFL!
Though I didn't see her tiara.....

You've got killer looks and you know it, girly!

I didn't see a tiara either, but I bet they fly off on a regular basis, considering that mass of curls and flying in those stilettos 'n all.

I'm not EVEN going to mention that you're....er, she's nearly flying...er, falling OUT of her dress.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

OMG it's so .... gay.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default free comic book day today

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...comic-book-day
cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
None are participating my area.