Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #81
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default for anyone dealing with anxiety issues-

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopo...d=2427&a=19737
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 12:47 AM   #82
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Autism and hormones

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/15/AR2010021501984.html
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #83
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default it dawned on me later, kimbo!

about the spray i heard about it on the news/npr. thank you for posting the article

here are some more really good autism news stories:

http://www.theautismnews.com/

why autism is different for girls = very interesting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 04:29 AM   #84
StoneFinn

How Do You Identify?:
Transgressive Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine
Relationship Status:
hog-tied with love

StoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST Reputation

stops in and says hello (and hello again to everyone)

"If I were to think of and dwell on disastrous possibilities, I could do nothing. I throw myself headlong into my work, and come up again with my studies; if the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself." ~~ Van Gogh
StoneFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StoneFinn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #85
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hiya StoneFinn!

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #86
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Driving back home a little while ago, I got to catch the Fresh Air interview with Temple Grandin. What an amazing spirit! I recorded the HBO special for Christie and I to watch. I look forward to it even more now.

Hope everyone gets to catch it!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2010...bable_jou.html this is the fresh air interview!

Last edited by Jess; 02-25-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add link.. der
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #87
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Thank you Jess. I don't have HBO, but I will look for it on that youtube.

You are the bomb!

Love,
Andrew
Old 02-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #88
StoneFinn

How Do You Identify?:
Transgressive Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine
Relationship Status:
hog-tied with love

StoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Hiya StoneFinn!

Heya Andrew Thank you, and you can call me finn or even han (tattooed_han)....

"If I were to think of and dwell on disastrous possibilities, I could do nothing. I throw myself headlong into my work, and come up again with my studies; if the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself." ~~ Van Gogh
StoneFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneFinn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #89
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Hi there!

I was diagnosed with AS after suspecting it for a while a year or so ago...or maybe two, I am spun and not thinking clearly.

I really enjoyed the thread on the other website and will read all of this one and come back to chat!

Thank you Urs and Belle!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #90
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Cross-posting this from the animal rescue thread. It's an interview with Temple Grandin - some of the same quotes have already been posted here. It's a great insight into the different ways we perceive, process and use information. The interview is here.

I know I'm often puzzled by the way people perceive my words. At times I'm much more aware and able to communicate in a way that's easily heard. At other times I'm truly surprised at others' reactions, and the way I perceive others.

Life. It's a learning process. *sigh*
Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #91
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
Cross-posting this from the animal rescue thread. It's an interview with Temple Grandin - some of the same quotes have already been posted here. It's a great insight into the different ways we perceive, process and use information. The interview is here.

I know I'm often puzzled by the way people perceive my words. At times I'm much more aware and able to communicate in a way that's easily heard. At other times I'm truly surprised at others' reactions, and the way I perceive others.

Life. It's a learning process. *sigh*
I am very amazed at how people perceive what I say, especially recently.

Life has been in an uproar for the past year or so, and I just can't seem to get calmed down and organized and back in my groove.

I will write or say things, and while it can seem quite clear to me, the opposite of what I am trying to say is perceived.....

I feel pretty lost and overwhelmed and sensitive.

When I am in meltdown, I have to cut the tags out of all my clothes, wear soft things, make sure my hair is not pulling, control sounds and light around me, even the scent.

I am going to order the sensitive book, maybe that will give me more ideas on how to cope.

Loving this thread.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #92
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

lovely jen,

hallo

one of the most slaying situations ever for me is when i'm feeling open/vulnerable and seeking further clarification, but the response i receive is so over-the-top-over-correcting as if i'm being unkind! [then, to make matters worse, i cannot handle trying to figure out/deal with other possible angry behavioural issues all connected to the perceived need to 'over-correct' me in the first place !]. wears me out! why not just ask for more information before of lashing out?

whatever i said open/vulnerable becomes overlooked, and the person has seen me in a bad light, and is responding in a way that does not compute. sometimes trying to make the situation better for others sure narrows my own freedom to express verbally or emotionally a full range. that gets frustrating.

ps- my close aspie friend andrew just apologies mostly for misunderstandings. i would prefer to have dialogue and understand/be understood whenever possible.

Last edited by violaine; 02-26-2010 at 11:50 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #93
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
lovely jen,

hallo

one of the most slaying situations ever for me is when i'm feeling open/vulnerable and seeking further clarification, but the response i receive is so over-the-top-over-correcting as if i'm being unkind! [then, to make matters worse, i cannot handle trying to figure out/deal with other possible angry behavioural issues all connected to the perceived need to 'over-correct' me in the first place !]. wears me out! why not just ask for more information before of lashing out?

whatever i said open/vulnerable becomes overlooked, and the person has seen me in a bad light, and is responding in a way that does not compute. sometimes trying to make the situation better for others sure narrows my own freedom to express verbally or emotionally a full range. that gets frustrating.

ps- my close aspie friend andrew just apologies mostly for misunderstandings. i would prefer to have dialogue and understand/be understood whenever possible.

I have been experiencing this lately, being singled out as being unkind or pitting people against each other, when if I read the posts they make logical sense to me and the last think I want is to be unkind.

Am trying to not be so direct and short, but that seems to get me in even more trouble.

Sometimes I just apologize. But my friends all say I apologize way too much and that gets on people's nerves too. The other day, I walked into the kitchen and said to Cynthia "I apologize for anything I may have ever done or may ever do to irritate you".

I don't know.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #94
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

*waves hello to everyone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
The other day, I walked into the kitchen and said to Cynthia "I apologize for anything I may have ever done or may ever do to irritate you".
OMG! I've been apologizing in advance for years!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jen}}}}}}}}}}}}} Honey, it's been an AWFUL year for you, and the one before it wasn't a whole lot better. Hang in there and give it time--things really will get better.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #95
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

really???

I am not the only over-appologizer?

Old 02-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #96
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

I just apologize to just end it. Otherwise it tends to be like a long, drug out press conference where nothing comes out right for me. In other words, for me it is like this >>>. Sometimes there are some who want to start or instigate a fight and I am so not like that. I walk right away. Too many times I have been in a position of defeat, and coming from a childhood abuse situation...it just stirs up bad feelings for me. So I walk away. I am a practicing Buddist/Christain. I believe in forgiveness, turning the other cheek, and praying for other people.

I am not good with words or reading comprehension. It takes me literally hours to read and reread threads and posts. Some I grasp ok, and some I struggle with. Words tangle me up like fishing line. And some folks think its cute and funny, but really it isn't. It is very frustrating, and very upsetting. If you only could walk a day in my shoes. Just a day. Or go and volunteer at a neuro. rehab. center for a day. See how that is. Then you can criticize me all you want. Until that point, no. Nobody has a right to critize or put down anyone who has any neurolog. disorder or disease.

Love,
Andrew

PS: Belle, you are a doll! Big love to the piggies!

PSS: Apocalipstic, you are a doll too! It is in our DNA that we all share here. You, me, Belle, and I believe Bit is one of us too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #97
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Andrew, I want to say that I never have a problem reading your posts. I think you are a very good writer.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #98
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Default i agree with you about xo andrew ox , apocalipstic - :)

i would like to touch on why people apologise so often, please- if anyone cares to explore deeper the topic? is it due to [or more/other than] feeling like words will come out all wrong in general [once a certain point in conversation has been reached]- or due to not wanting to take up so much time of another person, upsetting someone or even yourself further, past experiences, et c.

how can there be a happier medium, i wonder? where the communication chasm gets smaller, and frustrations lessen?

ohk. time for me to run some errands, and find out about some animal control related matters. hope you all have a wonderful afternoon. i'm crazy for people in this thread

Last edited by violaine; 02-26-2010 at 01:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #99
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Unhappy

Apocalipstic,

I actually start working on my writing before I post. I have to look up words. I even have people read what I am going to post beforehand. Unless I am angry. Then I let it rip. Thank you for your kind remarks. I appreciate it.

Belle,

I walk away. I talk to my furkids. I disconnect from here, and go onto my other hobbies. It is only when someone pushes me to the cliff. We all know the experiences. Or someone will say that we are hiding. No, it is a matter of protecting ourselves from jerks.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #100
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
i would like to touch on why people apologise so often, please- if anyone cares to explore deeper the topic? is it due to [or more/other than] feeling like words will come out all wrong in general [once a certain point in conversation has been reached]- or due to not wanting to take up so much time of another person, upsetting someone or even yourself further, past experiences, et c.

how can there be a happier medium, i wonder? where the communication chasm gets smaller, and frustrations lessen?

ohk. time for me to run some errands, and find out about some animal control related matters. hope you all have a wonderful afternoon. i'm crazy for people in this thread

I think for me it is a combination, but mostly due to past trauma and not wanting to take up anyones time or space or disturb anyone.

I appologize all over myself when frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Apocalipstic,

I actually start working on my writing before I post. I have to look up words. I even have people read what I am going to post beforehand. Unless I am angry. Then I let it rip.

Belle,

I walk away. I talk to my furkids. I disconnect from here, and go onto my other hobbies. It is only when someone pushes me to the cliff. We all know the experiences. Or someone will say that we are hiding. No, it is a matter of protecting ourselves from jerks.
protection is a great thing!