Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #301
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
My diligence is paying off. Still without meds, but with diet & exercise, I now have a fasting blood sugar of 98 average. I gained a small turkey, then lost a big turkey in the last 20 days (gained 10 because of water bleeding into my cells, and then lost 15 once I learned how to add the right electrolytes into my water intake).

Holly I havent thought about that part cause I have put on 2 1/2 pounds since I got back from the pool tournament.I also am a tad off the food plan with a little more fruit(apples) than I usely eat plus a couple of oatmeal raisin cookies over the last fue days.You would think in Vegas I wouldnt have a problem keeping on the plan but it was harder than I thought it would be as meals were catch as I could because of haveing to be at the tournament room most of the time so what I got was at the vendors so there wasnt many good choices.There was avendor that opened up on the last three days that had salad and fruit so I ate there a lot,one day I had salad for breakfast cause the only other thing was muffins,sweet rolls and such.When I did manage to get to a buffet the choices were a lot better but it was still not easy or maybe I didnt look hard enough but I shure tryed.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #302
tiaras-and-books

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
in a relationship with someone wonderful. :)

tiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputation

Hey all! I was recently diagnosed with type 2. I've been counting my carbs for only about a week or so, but I swear I already feel better. I didn't even realize how constantly awful I was feeling, as it'd become normal.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I saw the term "diabadass" on another site. So hey there, fellow diabadasses!
tiaras-and-books is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tiaras-and-books For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #303
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I pulled a stupid thing yesterday,I made a sweet potato pie,the last one I made I used splenda instead of sugar,well I didn't have any splenda so I went with regular sugar.The pie is as good as I ever made,the problem is even having a small slice will trip me into light headedness with some upset stomach to go with it.I though it may have been because I had eaten so many carbs with dinner I had an hour before,this after noon I ate another thin slice and the same thing happened.I can eat a candy bar and this wont happen but this sugar in the pie made me feel like crap.I swear I wont use regular white sugar in anything I eat ever again,when this happened again I drank lots of water to hope to flush it out or at least thin the effects with water.This is the first time I ever had a reaction like this
Old 02-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #304
tiaras-and-books

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

tiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I pulled a stupid thing yesterday,I made a sweet potato pie,the last one I made I used splenda instead of sugar,well I didn't have any splenda so I went with regular sugar.The pie is as good as I ever made,the problem is even having a small slice will trip me into light headedness with some upset stomach to go with it.I though it may have been because I had eaten so many carbs with dinner I had an hour before,this after noon I ate another thin slice and the same thing happened.I can eat a candy bar and this wont happen but this sugar in the pie made me feel like crap.I swear I wont use regular white sugar in anything I eat ever again,when this happened again I drank lots of water to hope to flush it out or at least thin the effects with water.This is the first time I ever had a reaction like this
Ugh, that's crummy, Rockinonahigh. :/ My mom's like that. (She's T2 too.) Some things are totally fine for her, other things send her blood sugar skyrocketing.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:59 PM   #305
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaras-and-books View Post
Ugh, that's crummy, Rockinonahigh. :/ My mom's like that. (She's T2 too.) Some things are totally fine for her, other things send her blood sugar skyrocketing.
Yes, it is crummy,I do like my pie's.It has been a long time since I used white sugar for anything so it was a big surprise,I get off my food plan hear and their and don'y have an issues with flair up's.Halloween should have done me in with all the candy I ate but I never had anything happen.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #306
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting thread. My best friend informed me over the weekend she's been diagnosed as diabetic (low range) T2. She obviously not happy about it, but determined to reverse it. And I am sure she will. I'll help anyway I can (even remotely)

She's been monitoring her nutrition for awhile and exercising just over a month ago so this was a surprise. My step mom is also T2 diabetic and her health has improved.

Very happy to see the progress many of you are making. Nutrition is paramount along with exercise and the appropriate type of exercise - work those muscles.

Congrats to you all on your perseverance.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #307
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Interesting thread. My best friend informed me over the weekend she's been diagnosed as diabetic (low range) T2. She obviously not happy about it, but determined to reverse it. And I am sure she will. I'll help anyway I can (even remotely)

She's been monitoring her nutrition for awhile and exercising just over a month ago so this was a surprise. My step mom is also T2 diabetic and her health has improved.

Very happy to see the progress many of you are making. Nutrition is paramount along with exercise and the appropriate type of exercise - work those muscles.

Congrats to you all on your perseverance.

Exercise is the big key for me,I do have a sweet tooth but it runs to fancy pastries plus some down right trashy candy,I don't eat bananas much anymore
more because of the high carb count.I get gala apples that are a bit smaller than a closed fist that satisfy my craving for something crunchy + sweet now it's really fine with peanut butter or sharp cheddar cheese goes really well with it.Eating healthy meals isn't a problem as I always eat healthy but it's desert and something to hold me till the next meal is where the junk food comes in.Raw veggies has helped to change that issue,but I do really miss eating a four pack of peanut butter cups with a root beer.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:24 AM   #308
tiaras-and-books

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

I'm hanging out with friends tonight, and boy it's hard to eat toward a good blood sugar. The girls brought over snacks, and I am having a haaaaaard time not just diving in. (They brought snickerdoodles! My favorite! AND THERE ARE PLENTY! AND THEY'RE HUGE!) It should be fine, given that we're at my house, but I haven't been able to go grocery shopping for a couple weeks, so what's left in my cupboards is what I've been avoiding eating because it isn't great for my blood sugars.

I need to be better prepared, and as this becomes more a part of my life I think my friends (who are considerate folks) will increasingly include me-friendly things in their snack-bringing efforts.

But right now I just wanted to say SNICKERDOODLES! WHYYYYYYYY???? to somebody.

(Although I am totally having one later. Maybe half of one split with a friend. We'll see.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiaras-and-books For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #309
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I finely did it and wen't full blown diabetic,I am now on metform 2x a day and will start taking them as soon as I get the pills.Over the last few weeks I have had major problems with my back and knee so I have had to take it easy and not do to much till I get the pain issues back under controle,at the moment I am getting an injection next week and am also working on getting the dose right for new pain pills.I know what being diabetic is and how it is supposed to be handled,what I need to find is a support group cause other than hear I don't have one.The doctor said she had someone come in once a month at her clinic for individual support that I can get,and I will,but I wan't to talk to people who deal with this in real life not a doctor who is talking over my head for the most part.What is metform,how dose it work and what are the negative side to it,what can I do to deal with this on a daily basic all I got was the normal speal of doctor talk.I would appresheate any information I can get.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #310
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I finely did it and wen't full blown diabetic,I am now on metform 2x a day and will start taking them as soon as I get the pills.Over the last few weeks I have had major problems with my back and knee so I have had to take it easy and not do to much till I get the pain issues back under controle,at the moment I am getting an injection next week and am also working on getting the dose right for new pain pills.I know what being diabetic is and how it is supposed to be handled,what I need to find is a support group cause other than hear I don't have one.The doctor said she had someone come in once a month at her clinic for individual support that I can get,and I will,but I wan't to talk to people who deal with this in real life not a doctor who is talking over my head for the most part.What is metform,how dose it work and what are the negative side to it,what can I do to deal with this on a daily basic all I got was the normal speal of doctor talk.I would appresheate any information I can get.
Hi Rockin,

I took Metformin briefly and had severe Nausea and pain...they say the long lasting pills are better than the 2x daily, but i don't know as i won't try them. They don't bother everyone, and they are supposed to help with weight loss as well as sugar levels; i hope they work for you.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #311
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Diabetes and metformin

Hi Rockin,
I take Metformin 1 time a day of 500mg pill after breakfast. I get diarrhea from it so my doc also put me on Welchol 625mg which helps combat the diarrhea and also helps me with my sugar level too.
Diarrhea is a common side effect of Metformin. Here is a link to the web so you can read up on Metformin side effects and other things.

Metformin <<<<click the link for drug information.

I haven't had any of the side effects listed other than diarrhea. So, my Welchol is another diabetic drug that helps with that issue. I'm doing pretty well on it.

Your main goal is to cut out any sugars in your drinks and food, which includes food like potatoes and bread which are starches that turn to sugar when eaten and broken down. You should see a nutritionist if you aren't sure which of your foods turn to sugar, and they can help you remain on a diabetic diet, which you will need to do. I have pretty much stopped all foods that turned to sugar, except the occasional potatoes which I eat very small portions of when I do have them. If you can keep your blood sugar under control and remain on a diabetic diet, you will do fine I"m sure. Your body as you age tends to stop producing enough insulin from the pancreas to reduce the amount of blood sugar and A1C in your blood which lowers your overal sugar in your body. Please take heed to taking care of you feet, your body tends not to heal up very well because your immune system is now compromised....why diabetics don't heal well or tend to get infections in their feet and toes.
If you can keep your A1C down and your blood sugar levels within the range that is acceptable while using Metformin, then you will more than likely if not have to use Insulin shots. This is why it's so important to take care of yourself now that your diabetic. I hope you understand all that I'm saying to you.
I read up on things and asked my doc to explain things to me in layman's terms, and it helps me to understand also about my dad taking insulin shots. He's a full blown insulin dependent diabetic, which is taken after each meal for him. Insulin keeps his blood sugar and A1C under control most of the time. Right now he's dealing with the bottom of his large toe being infected and not healing, they have pretty much done everything possible to get it to heal, next step is surgery to explore why it's not healing and possible he will lose his large toe. I hope not though. Anywho, ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician to help you with your diabetic diet to get information about which foods you shouldn't eat,etc.

Remember to always eat something before you take your metformin, so your blood sugar levels don't drop too low on you and cause issues. You should always eat while taking this drug.
Read and follow the directions from your doctor about this medication, and read the drug insert pamplets about it. That way you know more also about the drug.

PS: right after you take your metformin, stay close to someplace with a bathroom as you may have diarrhea hit you, you're probably going to need one without warning..........just so you know.

I hope this helps.
Justy
Old 04-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #312
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
Hi Rockin,
I take Metformin 1 time a day of 500mg pill after breakfast. I get diarrhea from it so my doc also put me on Welchol 625mg which helps combat the diarrhea and also helps me with my sugar level too.
Diarrhea is a common side effect of Metformin. Here is a link to the web so you can read up on Metformin side effects and other things.

Metformin <<<<click the link for drug information.

I haven't had any of the side effects listed other than diarrhea. So, my Welchol is another diabetic drug that helps with that issue. I'm doing pretty well on it.

Your main goal is to cut out any sugars in your drinks and food, which includes food like potatoes and bread which are starches that turn to sugar when eaten and broken down. You should see a nutritionist if you aren't sure which of your foods turn to sugar, and they can help you remain on a diabetic diet, which you will need to do. I have pretty much stopped all foods that turned to sugar, except the occasional potatoes which I eat very small portions of when I do have them. If you can keep your blood sugar under control and remain on a diabetic diet, you will do fine I"m sure. Your body as you age tends to stop producing enough insulin from the pancreas to reduce the amount of blood sugar and A1C in your blood which lowers your overal sugar in your body. Please take heed to taking care of you feet, your body tends not to heal up very well because your immune system is now compromised....why diabetics don't heal well or tend to get infections in their feet and toes.
If you can keep your A1C down and your blood sugar levels within the range that is acceptable while using Metformin, then you will more than likely if not have to use Insulin shots. This is why it's so important to take care of yourself now that your diabetic. I hope you understand all that I'm saying to you.
I read up on things and asked my doc to explain things to me in layman's terms, and it helps me to understand also about my dad taking insulin shots. He's a full blown insulin dependent diabetic, which is taken after each meal for him. Insulin keeps his blood sugar and A1C under control most of the time. Right now he's dealing with the bottom of his large toe being infected and not healing, they have pretty much done everything possible to get it to heal, next step is surgery to explore why it's not healing and possible he will lose his large toe. I hope not though. Anywho, ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician to help you with your diabetic diet to get information about which foods you shouldn't eat,etc.

Remember to always eat something before you take your metformin, so your blood sugar levels don't drop too low on you and cause issues. You should always eat while taking this drug.
Read and follow the directions from your doctor about this medication, and read the drug insert pamplets about it. That way you know more also about the drug.

PS: right after you take your metformin, stay close to someplace with a bathroom as you may have diarrhea hit you, you're probably going to need one without warning..........just so you know.

I hope this helps.
Justy
Thanks Justy,I have enough gut problems cause of acid re flux now I may have more issues,how the heck dose anyone have an active life taking meds.I guess it's dam if you do and dam if you don't,I will get something to combat the diarrhea...so glad to have two bathrooms hear at home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #313
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Rockin,
Next blood work, ask your doctor to do a Vitamin D check as well, just to make sure your vitamin D blood level is where it's supposed to be. The older we get, the less Vitamin D levels many people have. I have low Vitamin D levels, and I take a Vitamin D3 supplement of 5,000 IU dosage one capsule a day because that level is what my doctor told me to buy and take. Just make sure you check your level first and see what the doctor says about it. Vitamin D is good for your bones and as we age, we tend to have bone density loss as well. Just be sure to ask about that first though.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:08 AM   #314
ruby36

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
currently single

ruby36 is on a distinguished road
Default Diabeties

Yep - I am in my 40s and have recently been diagnosed with diabetes - not sure why as I am small framed and not overweight - just one of those things I guess. Fortunately I don't need meds yet and hopefully if I eat well I wont need them either. Thanks for this post. It's nice to share with others apart from the doctors lol.
ruby36 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruby36 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #315
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

So, I am newly diagnosed diabetic. I have known for about two months now. I started getting really crazy thirsty all the time, nothing I did would quench my thirst, and as a result I was obviously peeing all night. My vision also started getting blurry around that time too. So I e-mailed my doctor and said hey, something is wrong, you need to test my a1c and my fasting glucose. Sure enough, fasting glucose was 224 and a1c was over 10%. Immediately put on Metformin 2000mg every night with dinner and lipitor for my triglycerides and told to limit my carbs.

So here I am, struggling to get my numbers out of the 200s, not really enjoying what I am eating, cause I am not a vegetable kind of person. I grew up steak and potatoes. I have given up sugar, which is huge for me and now I severely miss baking because I loved to bake. I have increased my exercise as well. I am losing weight, around 30lbs thus far. At some point, these numbers have got to go down. I am trying to avoid insulin.

I really, really miss eating whatever I want.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 01:19 AM   #316
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have not had the weight loss or constant thirst, though some days over others I get insanely thirsty, and some days I just think water is gross, lol.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #317
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
So, I am newly diagnosed diabetic. I have known for about two months now. I started getting really crazy thirsty all the time, nothing I did would quench my thirst, and as a result I was obviously peeing all night. My vision also started getting blurry around that time too. So I e-mailed my doctor and said hey, something is wrong, you need to test my a1c and my fasting glucose. Sure enough, fasting glucose was 224 and a1c was over 10%. Immediately put on Metformin 2000mg every night with dinner and lipitor for my triglycerides and told to limit my carbs.

So here I am, struggling to get my numbers out of the 200s, not really enjoying what I am eating, cause I am not a vegetable kind of person. I grew up steak and potatoes. I have given up sugar, which is huge for me and now I severely miss baking because I loved to bake. I have increased my exercise as well. I am losing weight, around 30lbs thus far. At some point, these numbers have got to go down. I am trying to avoid insulin.

I really, really miss eating whatever I want.
I love to bake as well,instead of sugar I am using splenda that is equal in measurement with sugar,but if you think you need less cut it by a couple of heaping table spoons till you get it right.I bake about all I use to with no problem.Look for ways to sub diffrent things to use in the mix...like apple sauce for for oil..there are ways.Chef John Flose has a whole book on doing things like this and they work just fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #318
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Crap.

I have been having a lot of problems lately, and i found out yesterday that the diabetes has caused me to have stage 3 kidney disease. This explains some of my fatigue and especially the leg cramps...which has knocked me for a bit of a loop.

I am trying to get an appointment to see a nephrologist (sp), because i will do anything i can to avoid what my mom went through with kidney dialysis.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #319
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desd View Post
I have not had the weight loss or constant thirst, though some days over others I get insanely thirsty, and some days I just think water is gross, lol.
I have moments where I don't like how the water tastes either. That is most likely because I am spoiled by the fact that we have a uv filter at work. Perhaps need to look into getting one for the house so my water intake doesn't drop when I get home.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #320
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
I have moments where I don't like how the water tastes either. That is most likely because I am spoiled by the fact that we have a uv filter at work. Perhaps need to look into getting one for the house so my water intake doesn't drop when I get home.
Try getting one of those Brita Filter Pitchers, it makes the water taste so much better and if you get bored with just plain water, try using fresh fruits, lemmons, limes in an infuser pitcher, it's natural. Just don't put so much fruit in it.

PS. As far as substitute sugar like splenda goes, my regular physician told me NOT to use artificial sweetners of any kind, they aren't healthy for you she says.