Old 08-22-2014, 05:29 AM   #161
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
The output is decreasing; there is a chance that I might be able to have it removed tomorrow, there is a clinic in the afternoon, on Friday, each week, and if my numbers are low enough, I might be able to squeeze in. If not, I have an appointment on Tuesday.
I hope the numbers are low enough today, it would stink to have the drain in for that long. If you got your surgery on August 11, that is 11 days already.

One of mine was painful. Well, it isn't the tubing that is painful, but the effect of having the drain flattened against the body (pulling up skin) by the ace bandage. Also, they are just annoying to have hanging around!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #162
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation
Default update 3

Drain free....as free as the wind blows, as free as the grass grows, drain free, to follow my heart.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #163
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Drain free....as free as the wind blows, as free as the grass grows, drain free, to follow my heart.
haha Awesome! Congrats!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2014, 07:12 AM   #164
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation
Default update 4

Everything is healing up nicely, and I can now take a modified shower - yay! My surgeon is being adamant about no heavy lifting for six weeks, which makes me feel anxious, because I need to pay my rent in October. I'm glad that my boss is being understanding and supportive.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #165
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Everything is healing up nicely, and I can now take a modified shower - yay! My surgeon is being adamant about no heavy lifting for six weeks, which makes me feel anxious, because I need to pay my rent in October. I'm glad that my boss is being understanding and supportive.
No heavy lifting until 6 weeks is standard after top surgery. I am trying to remember how they define "heavy lifting". Is it 50lbs? How much do you need to lift?

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #166
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
No heavy lifting until 6 weeks is standard after top surgery. I am trying to remember how they define "heavy lifting". Is it 50lbs? How much do you need to lift?
I need to be able to lift 50 lbs and push 150 lbs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #167
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I need to be able to lift 50 lbs and push 150 lbs.
Yikes. I really hope you give yourself those full 6 weeks if financially possible. Is your boss open to you doing lighter duty work?

Old 08-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #168
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yikes. I really hope you give yourself those full 6 weeks if financially possible. Is your boss open to you doing lighter duty work?
My Boss wants me to follow my surgeon's instructions, and she wants me to come back to work, when I can do so, without any restrictions or limitations. I am no longer freaking out about money, everything else about this part of my adventure has worked out well, why would this be any different?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2014, 04:44 AM   #169
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
My Boss wants me to follow my surgeon's instructions, and she wants me to come back to work, when I can do so, without any restrictions or limitations. I am no longer freaking out about money, everything else about this part of my adventure has worked out well, why would this be any different?
Great attitude!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #170
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Default update 5

I get to return to work in two weeks, without any restrictions! I no longer have to deal with daily dressings, just one dry band aid on that stubborn drain hole. I also am free of the surgical compression vest, and at last, I am binder-free!! I will see my surgeon in October, and she is very pleased with how everything looks. I am too; now I need to work on my posture, and walk as tall, as a short guy can.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #171
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I get to return to work in two weeks, without any restrictions! I no longer have to deal with daily dressings, just one dry band aid on that stubborn drain hole. I also am free of the surgical compression vest, and at last, I am binder-free!! I will see my surgeon in October, and she is very pleased with how everything looks. I am too; now I need to work on my posture, and walk as tall, as a short guy can.
Excellent! Congrats! My mom kept telling me I was hunched over after my surgery. This isn't something I did pre surgery (I never attempted to be "read" as male), so I think my hunching over post surgery was an unconscious need to protect my "wound". I did something similar after having a colon resection; I was very conscious (but unconscious), of protecting my stomach, and would hunch over a bit.

Anyway, stand tall and walk proud! Yippee!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #172
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Default final update

I am so happy that my six weeks are coming to an end, and that I get to return to work on Monday. My homework from my last appointment with my surgeon, was to massage my scars and refrain from lifting anything heavy. I was skeptical about massaging the scars, but they seem to have disappeared for the most part. I've been stretching and doing light isometric exercises to prepare for work; hopefully I will be cleared on the 7th to start working out. I am very pleased with my chest, and I am very grateful that I was finally able to get my top surgery done.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #173
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Any recommendations for a Texas Surgeon? Or should I follow the San Francisco crew?
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #174
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Any recommendations for a Texas Surgeon? Or should I follow the San Francisco crew?
Without or without a therapist letter?

ETA: Meaning, do you have a therapist to write a letter saying you have gender identity disorder? If not, are you on testosterone or are legally male?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2014, 03:46 AM   #175
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

• Ahh, I have an out dated therapist letter, that would make it legally Without. Meaning I have to go through all the e-vals again huh? dang..feels like just yesterday, yet is been almost a decade. . Wow how time Flys... smh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2014, 05:12 AM   #176
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
  • Ahh, I have an out dated therapist letter, that would make it legally Without. Meaning I have to go through all the e-vals again huh? dang..feels like just yesterday, yet is been almost a decade. . Wow how time Flys... smh
No, you don't. I just wanted to point you in the right direction.

Surgeons who don't require letters from mental health professionals is as follows:
1. Dr. Steinwald of Illinois
2. Dr. Lawton of Texas
3. Dr. Mangubat of Washington
4. Dr. Garramone of Florida (will accept letter from your Primary Care Physician)

I got my surgery done from Dr. Garramone, so I am biased in thinking he is the bomb. If you want to see some of his work, on youtube you can type in "FTM top surgery reveal with Garramone" and a crapload of videos will come up. His "letter" is now only a check off list. You only need to get your primary care physician to check off a box that says that your top surgery would be "the next step in the transition process". Meaning, he is open to working on genderqueer individuals.

Check out transbucket.com and sign up to see pictures of other people's work.

You mentioned San Francisco. Brownstein is no longer in business. Curtis Crane took over his practice. I am not in love with Crane's work, but it is ok.

I can't remember ever seeing a picture of Lawton's work, but if you want I can ask around about it. His name is familiar and I have never heard anything bad about him.

If you find a surgeon that you like that needs a "letter", let me know and I can give you the number of a guy who will Skype (or maybe it is just online), with you for 3 sessions and give you a letter at the end. Not really the way things should be done, but if you want a for sure letter in 3 sessions and are clear in wanting this surgery, that is one way to go.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2014, 05:32 AM   #177
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Thank you very much Dapper, I appreciate your time, information and knowledge.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #178
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper.......I know you used Dr. Garramone but did you ever consider Dr. Melissa Johnson for your top surgery? Any thoughts about her?
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #179
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Koop, Linus, Sincitychains (from the old site) and myself all went to Dr. Voloshin in Newport Beach, CA. He didn't require a letter to perform my top surgery, and to my knowledge, he didn't for Koop, Linus or SCC, either.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #180
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Dapper.......I know you used Dr. Garramone but did you ever consider Dr. Melissa Johnson for your top surgery? Any thoughts about her?
Hi, nhplowboi.

I didn't consider Melissa Johnson because I knew that I wanted Garramone.

This youtube video is from a guy who went to Melissa Johnson. He is the only person I know that has had surgery with her. He is a very known youtube FTM and is very friendly. I am confident that he would be open to a dialogue about this experience. Additionally, he knows a lot of people as he does speaking and such. He would certainly know of others who have used her and could give you their thoughts. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD6wgua2lR8"]FTM Top Surgery - 3.5 Years post-op showing! - YouTube[/nomedia]

I can tell you that I haven't heard anything bad about her, but I don't think that she is used very often. I believe that Skylar (the guy in the video), went to her because she was close to his home. He was in college at the time and parents helped him with his transition (he got it done when he was on a school break).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: