Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > Other Sexualities And Identities

Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #81
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,092 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

As I answered in the "Butch Pronouns - A Questionaire" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots_On_The_Rocks View Post
I chose to answer only the following question as that based upon my answer to it, all other questions seem to be answered by proxy.

So here is the question I referenced and my answer.

1. How do you identify?

This is an interesting question.

The need within the queer community to quantify and validate our existence and identities into neat, organized categories, has caused us to label things to the point that we have become some long string of pronouns, adjectives and nouns. And oft we are touting off this diatribe of words to people who have stopped listening after the first two words of our identity, where we are striving through words to be seen as "different, unique, and new".

Sadly, language is both evolving and stagnating to the point that people still fall through the cracks between descriptors.

And that is where I fall into this.

There are no descriptors that I feel accurately describe me without my having fallen into the "alphabet soup" and come out covered in layer upon layer of adjectives.

So, oft, "for the sake of conversation", I momentarily don the name-tag of "male-identified butch", and then promptly take it off after introductions are made, because it is my actions that determine who I am, not a string of ill-fitting words.

And due to this aforementioned need to quantify and validate that is so rampant within the queer community, I refrain from throwing gender based monikers around when referring to others in that:

1. People tend to get rather defensive and aggressive around mis-usage of the "proper" descriptors of their choice.

2. I want to be as effectively respectful of others as I possibly can in the hopes that they in turn will respect my gender expression, gender identity, and gender preference.

-Me

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark." ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #82
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

First of all I'm just me. Next would be that I was born butch, I claim it, I walk it, talk it, etc. etc. There's nothing feminine about me and never has been, ever. So I am just being me, who happens to be a butch woman that is a lesbian at heart. Lesbian because it's the first self Identifier in my years of first coming out and it fits me just as snug as butch does.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #83
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Heterosexual TransMan, nothing more, nothing less

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #84
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

i'm a genderqueer muse. i dance the light fantastic...
Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 PM   #85
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I was born a woman,and maybe I have not always wanted to be one (my early years mostly)but ask me today and i'll tell you I am happy being a woman.Of course when I was a girl I was a tomboy,but enjoyed being in the company of girls.I'm not a lesbian or bi-sexual.But these are the type of women I dated and hung out with.I am a feminist,and I get along with most feminist unless they are extreme. I don't like anything that is extreme..and hating people because they were born with a penis is pretty extreme.I like the words dyke and pervert..and bitch.But I don't like being called Sir,what strangers call me on a daily basis.Its possible that I may be a two-spirit person,but that is something I never bothered to ask. My wife is lesbian and is pretty much opposite of what I look like, in appearance mostly.We look like a straight couple.

I id as a Butch Woman,period.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 03:18 AM   #86
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Extremely interesting thread. For myself, for as long as I've realised that no, I do NOT have to be stuck in the box others might perceive me as and/or want me to be, I've been determined to just be myself, because being essentially forced to not be myself was so extremely distressing and damned near fatal more than once. So 'just me' is accurate, but that's true of everyone, so, going one level down from there...

Depending on the circumstances, I might use either dyke, tomboy or lesbian to describe me, at the moment. All are accurate. I do find that because dyke has a harder-edge sound to it, that that's useful if I'm around guys that might get tiresome if one says "lesbian". Dyke seems to tell them that I'm not an easy target for their "humourous" comments, and thankfully they also seem to understand that I'm emphatically not an honourary lad just because I find women sexy. Tomboy gives notice to other lesbians that I'm somewhere in the middle of the butch-femme spectrum and may exhibit elements of both at various times, possibly even simultaneously.

What I am finding fascinating is not so much what I identify as, but exploring the boundaries of what I might be attracted to, but that's off-topic here (apologies). But thank you to all who've taken part in chats about such matters, here at BFP, as the insights I've gained have been helping me sift the wheat from the chaff about my sexuality. I'm still finding boxes to break out of.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 02:37 PM   #87
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

it depends on my mood, but overall i am femme. i am attracted to butch women.

Other ID's i claim are queer, gay and dyke!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #88
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Femme, because I always have been.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 07:00 PM   #89
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

As stated in my profile, I am a Dominant Stone Butch Daddy. That's kind of a mouthful, so just plain old Butch will do in most circumstances. I am also a Dyke and Lesbian (despite rumors to the contrary, there is no contradiction with Lesbian and Stone Butch). Queer and gay are fine, but don't deeply resonate on a personal level for me like some other terms do. I've been regularly called a guy by former partners (both in good and bad ways, lol) and it does fit, but I'm not male or male identified. I am very proud of my female masculinity - my butchness. Mostly I'm just goofy old Me.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #90
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I am a woman. I am a lesbian. Happy to use the words gay and dyke also. I rarely use queer although of course it applies. I barely ID as femme, not because I have changed, but because people's understanding of what it means changed. But I ID'd as femme for 30 years. I don't know. I am a fourth generation educator. A lover of water and boats. Music geek (and snob). Maybe the most important -- a cat person.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #91
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I am a woman. I am a lesbian. Happy to use the words gay and dyke also. I rarely use queer although of course it applies. I barely ID as femme, not because I have changed, but because people's understanding of what it means changed. But I ID'd as femme for 30 years. I don't know. I am a fourth generation educator. A lover of water and boats. Music geek (and snob). Maybe the most important -- a cat person.
Yuck cats lol just teasing!

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #92
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

AND OSU (as in Ohio, not Oklahoma) fan!!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:07 PM   #93
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Yeah yeah we know lol

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 05:37 AM   #94
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
As stated in my profile, I am a Dominant Stone Butch Daddy. That's kind of a mouthful, so just plain old Butch will do in most circumstances. I am also a Dyke and Lesbian (despite rumors to the contrary, there is no contradiction with Lesbian and Stone Butch). Queer and gay are fine, but don't deeply resonate on a personal level for me like some other terms do. I've been regularly called a guy by former partners (both in good and bad ways, lol) and it does fit, but I'm not male or male identified. I am very proud of my female masculinity - my butchness. Mostly I'm just goofy old Me.
I have not heard this, but it is unfortunate to think that people believe this. One choosing to not be touched/not be touched in certain ways, and who find their sexual pleasure comes from pleasing their partner, can still identify as women. Deriving your sexual pleasure from pleasing someone else does not mean you are not a woman...women loving women...the most basic drilled down definition of lesbian, no?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 08:07 AM   #95
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Intersexed Queer Stone Daddy ..
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 08:08 AM   #96
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm so sorry.... GO BLUE
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #97
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have not heard this, but it is unfortunate to think that people believe this. One choosing to not be touched/not be touched in certain ways, and who find their sexual pleasure comes from pleasing their partner, can still identify as women. Deriving your sexual pleasure from pleasing someone else does not mean you are not a woman...women loving women...the most basic drilled down definition of lesbian, no?
Well, it's nothing that has been said recently, but in practically every Stone discussion there has ever been people talk about the reason they are stone is because they don't i.d. as a lesbian or don't like lesbian sex and things of that nature. Um lesbian sex is whatever a lesbian wants it to be. So yes, I do agree with you and it makes no sense.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #98
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

To strangers,i'm a stone butch.With my wife,she gets to play.. and it's different each time.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #99
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I identify as Femme (my gender). And, for the longest time, I refused to speak about my sexual identity, which my sexual identity is bisexual, by nature: But because most people I've encountered in life tend to have internalized stereotyped beliefs about my type of sexual identity, I've not been very public about it socially, UNLESS it involves talking about it in unvarnished ways and in terms which, in my life experience, has not always been easy for other people to understand.

What's important to me is that my gender and sexual identity is not up for debate (full stop).

For example, one type of stereotype I encounter is that people think that those who claim bisexual identity is that bisexual individuals sleep with every proverbial 'Tom, Dick or Harry'.
I'm living proof that I don't sleep around, nor have I had an outrageous list of anonymous sexual encounters. In fact, it's the opposite for me. I've only had a handful (or less) of romantic partners. Another fact about me is that I don't like partnering with anyone who practices BDSM. Another fact about me is that I am not polyarmorous either. In fact, I'm monogamous in my romantic and sexual proclivities.

I'm Femme......and I'm fierce. Fierce in my identity and fierce about who I am.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #100
lisa93

How Do You Identify?:
femme

lisa93 is on a distinguished road

femme lesbian
lisa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisa93 For This Useful Post: