Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #281
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwrFemme View Post
Ms. Meander, beautiful work! I wish I knew how to do that! I admire your talent!!

Seriously, PwrFemme - I learned how to crochet entirely from YouTube tutorials! One stitch at at time and then eventually putting them together. There are tutorials for everything! Now, just from practicing, I can read a written pattern as well.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #282
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished two Tunisian crochet scarves and now whipping up a lapghan!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #283
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I have crochet magazines with great patterns. If anybody want any of them PM me with an email and I will scan and send!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #284
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Happy New Year Hookers and Purlers! I'm taking an intentional break from hooking as I was needing to go for massages on a weekly basis! lolol Anyhow, I did post some regular sized photos in an album of some of my creations that I made through the fall.

How is everyone doing? For those in the wild weather areas .... are you all settled in with your hook or needles?? I know that's what I would be doing.

Have a great weekend!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #285
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default lol, I just wanted to be part of the conversation.

lol, I love to crochet.

I taught myself, so naturally, the only stitch I've ever learned is the chain stitch. I can do it beautifully, though; damn it and I have about 4 or 5 "blankets" (all striped, of course; since I can only chain stitch, lmao) that would do best as scarves since it takes about 5 million years to make anything wider than a scarf with that one tiny stitch.

Maybe I will stitch all my stripes together and get a mismatched, really long and not very wide blanket. It'll be like one of those Snuggies. Except without arms. Because, you know; I dont know how to do armholes, lmao.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #286
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a hooker myself! I sorta taught myself, my mom is left handed. Everything she tries to teach me is backwards! However, she is the master knitter and wants me to be one. For the life of me, I can't read patterns. So what ever I do, goes back and forth. Scarves and blankets is all I do. The chain stitch, HugeSmile, is a beautiful thing.

Garlands, belts, and the like! If you were my neighbor, I'd show you how to turn and then you wouldn't be heading in the straight direction...lol

Yes, still talking about yarn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge-Smile View Post
lol, I love to crochet.

I taught myself, so naturally, the only stitch I've ever learned is the chain stitch. I can do it beautifully, though; damn it and I have about 4 or 5 "blankets" (all striped, of course; since I can only chain stitch, lmao) that would do best as scarves since it takes about 5 million years to make anything wider than a scarf with that one tiny stitch.

Maybe I will stitch all my stripes together and get a mismatched, really long and not very wide blanket. It'll be like one of those Snuggies. Except without arms. Because, you know; I dont know how to do armholes, lmao.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 01:59 AM   #287
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

lmao, you should move to Florida and we'll be hookers together! I'm a lefty, though; just like your mom. Conversely, I could chain stitch a color clear across the Gulf and when it reaches you, you simply switch colors and send it back across.

As much as I love *ahem...hooking, lol, I am really trying to get proficient with my sewing. Design is where my real passion lies.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
I'm a hooker myself! I sorta taught myself, my mom is left handed. Everything she tries to teach me is backwards! However, she is the master knitter and wants me to be one. For the life of me, I can't read patterns. So what ever I do, goes back and forth. Scarves and blankets is all I do. The chain stitch, HugeSmile, is a beautiful thing.

Garlands, belts, and the like! If you were my neighbor, I'd show you how to turn and then you wouldn't be heading in the straight direction...lol

Yes, still talking about yarn
Old 01-05-2014, 02:06 AM   #288
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge-Smile View Post
lmao, you should move to Florida and we'll be hookers together! I'm a lefty, though; just like your mom. Conversely, I could chain stitch a color clear across the Gulf and when it reaches you, you simply switch colors and send it back across.

As much as I love *ahem...hooking, lol, I am really trying to get proficient with my sewing. Design is where my real passion lies.

Thank you for the encouragement!
perk! Sewing?

That's truly my fav. I'm just a little Martha Stewartish. Sewing, baking. I just finished two baby blankets and about 50 flannel pillow cases were made before Christmas. My next project on the sewing machine..a quilt from college t-shirts.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #289
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

I think that the possibilities with fabric as creative medium are truly endless!

That is my favorite thing about it; and how material can be manipulated so deftly as to accentuate the human form and completely change and enhance the way someone looks and feels. Oh, I so wish I had gone to fashion design school as a younger woman.

Of course, I was quite busy alternatively destroying and recreating my life several times over during the years when that would have been more of a possibility, lol. After all that madness was done, I had to really knuckle down and get practical about things and where I was headed, so the pipe dreams sort of went out the window for me at that point.

In 2014, my aspirations are to rekindle some of those passions to varying degrees. For instance, I won't go to fashion school at this point, but I can make a space to learn and execute some of the ideas rolling around in my head.

Baking not as much for me....
Surprisingly, the end result turns out really well, but if you follow the what are you having for dinner thread at all, you will know that I generally benefit from supervision [from the fire department!] in the kitchen, lol. <KABLAM!>

Unique, you should definitely post pics when your quilt is done! I'd love to see how it turns out. It sounds fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
perk! Sewing?

That's truly my fav. I'm just a little Martha Stewartish. Sewing, baking. I just finished two baby blankets and about 50 flannel pillow cases were made before Christmas. My next project on the sewing machine..a quilt from college t-shirts.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:58 AM   #290
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hookers Unite! I haven't worked on a project for about five weeks now. I made a small lap blanket for the relative of a good friend ...... unfortunately, it arrived on the day of her funeral. I was really hoping she would be able to receive it as I intended it to be 'from one survivor to another'. She lost her battle to cancer and I hook in gratitude for winning my battle.

During the same period of time while I was hooking the above blanket, my ex's brother died in a vehicle accident. I am still close to the family and want to create something to commemorate his life with his wife and children. I saw a video that creates a blanket that looks like a tartan. The crocheting component would be easy (all double-crochet) ....... but, to create the cross lines of the tartan, you weave yarn in using a needle. That part looks easy ..... my concern is that you have to tie off both ends of your weaving. If you bunch it up too much, its not going to look nice. Has anyone done this type of thing before??? Any suggestions??? Should I think about doing a different pattern??

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #291
D Phryxus

How Do You Identify?:
bi femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine
Relationship Status:
Poly-married

D Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST Reputation
Default happy hooker here

I love love love crochet!
I am gearing up for the holidays right now. I have a list of commissions, mostly stuffed animals, and a bunch of harry potter themed pieces lined up.

sis - as for the tartan, could you slipstitch a line instead of just weaving in a thread or do a chain that you can whip-stich along the edges to secure? I don't know if that made any sense...
Old 08-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #292
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
I have crochet magazines with great patterns. If anybody want any of them PM me with an email and I will scan and send!
Dearest Okiebug61.... what sorts of patterns do you have? Which magazines? I'm looking for shawl patterns. Or pretty snowflake patterns.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #293
D Phryxus

How Do You Identify?:
bi femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine
Relationship Status:
Poly-married

D Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST Reputation

This has probably already been discussed on here. If so, sorry to bring up an old topic.

Is anyone else on Ravelry? I'm a huge fan of that site, been on there almost since I started crocheting.
My sn there is WintersGift.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #294
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Phryxus View Post
This has probably already been discussed on here. If so, sorry to bring up an old topic.

Is anyone else on Ravelry? I'm a huge fan of that site, been on there almost since I started crocheting.
I think I am but don't remember. Been a long long time. Will check later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #295
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am there daily. I love ravelry!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #296
D Phryxus

How Do You Identify?:
bi femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine
Relationship Status:
Poly-married

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
I am there daily. I love ravelry!
Yea I'm a bit of a Ravelry addict...
Old 09-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #297
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Phryxus View Post

Sure, I am LadyMerrick There I mean...
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #298
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pa...d=3931&lang=us

Cute Santa booties... free pattern! Crochet.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #299
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

Lion brand released a "12 dogs of Christmas" knitting patterns. One is a green dragon with red ridge down the back. I'm so tempted to knit that for the dog, as a winter sweater. Cute doesn't even begin to describe it.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:04 PM   #300
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I tried to learn to crochet once. I was in Michael's and saw this book of care bare afghans for crocheting and I had this brilliant idea to have my aunt teach me. Well I never finished the first scarf I tried to make cause I kept dropping a dang stitch and it just kept getting smaller and smaller. Still totally fascinated by it though because I love creating things with my hands. So now I am going to have my girl try and teach me to knit and see if I can do any better at that!
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting