Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 03-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #141
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Someone in the CIJS thread posted about not knowing how to post a pic, so I made a post trying to help and Kelt said I should put it over here as well, so here I am, cross-posting.

-----

Go online and find the pic you want to post - if it is a pic from your computer, you need to upload it to a hosting site first like Flickr or whatever. Personally, I use Facebook because it's easier for me to have all my stuff in one place.

When you find or upload the pic you want to share, open it in a new tab/window so you are not just saving the URL of a thumbnail of the pic. Then right click the pic, scroll to copy image URL and left click that to save the URL of the pic:

Then come to BFP and go to the thread that you want to post the pic - click on the little picture icon up there:

A little box will come up asking you for the image URL - right click in that box and click on paste to paste the URL of the pic you want to post - making sure to paste over the "http://" that is already in the box - to do that, dont left click inside the box, just right click over the highlighted "http://" and paste your link:

Click ok and you will see a lot of code in your post - it will be the URL of the pic you want to post in between 2 IMG tags.

If you want to make sure your pic is posting correctly, hit preview to see it before you post it - that way if it is too large for the screen and people will have to scroll to view it or something, you can resize it and try again.

CIAJS ... I hope this helps!
Here you go Okieblu, this is a step by step way to do that from your computer.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #142
arkham

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
attached

arkham is on a distinguished road

Hi everyoneI'm newhere and Iwanted to use a custom avatar does anybody know how I can change it to a picture I uploaded
arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to arkham For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #143
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkham View Post
Hi everyoneI'm newhere and Iwanted to use a custom avatar does anybody know how I can change it to a picture I uploaded
Not claiming to be an expert, but I will try to help. If your membership level is BFP supporter II or above, you should have the option to choose a custom avatar as long as it does not exceed the maximum size. If you click on User CP, look on the left hand side of the page and there is an "edit avatar" option.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #144
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I think Mel C is right, if I recall, and I'd like to add that if you are a free membership user, you cannot use a custom avatar under your chosen name as you've seen others using.But, If you go into chat however, you can upload a pic there and use it in the chat room for a custom avatar in chat only.

You can also post a picture of yourself if you choose to do so, in the Gallery,it's listed on the left of the main page just click it.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #145
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

BUMPING THIS THREAD FOR THOSE NEW MEMBERS THAT MAY NEED HELP POSTING PICS OR ANYTHING ELSE.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #146
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, could someone please explain to me what "Rep Power" is along with the green dots over to the left? I'm a newbie and still trying to learn the ropes. Thanks in advance.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #147
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
Hi, could someone please explain to me what "Rep Power" is along with the green dots over to the left? I'm a newbie and still trying to learn the ropes. Thanks in advance.
The more people send you reps and thanks, the higher the number will go until it hits a wall and cannot go any further. You won't get anything for the points and you can't exchange them for anything.

They are just pretty, really.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #148
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks, Gemme! How do you go about sending someone a rep? I was just looking at my User CP for the first time and noticed that someone left me a message regarding a post that I made. Is that the only place that those messages will show up? In other words, is that the only way that you will know if someone left a message about one of your posts...by checking your User CP?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #149
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Cherry, I'm not 100 % sure but yes I think that is how it works~
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #150
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks, Gemme! How do you go about sending someone a rep? I was just looking at my User CP for the first time and noticed that someone left me a message regarding a post that I made. Is that the only place that those messages will show up? In other words, is that the only way that you will know if someone left a message about one of your posts...by checking your User CP?
If you look at someone's post, you will see three symbols on the left at the very bottom of the post and under where the screen name and all that jazz go. The one in the middle is for leaving reps on that particular post. If you hover the mouse over it, it will say 'reputation for CherryWine's post' or something similar. If you just want to leave a 'thanks' without words or a personal note, then look to the bottom right of the post. There's a Thanks button. Please keep in mind that you can leave a rep and then thanks on the same post but cannot thank a post and then leave a rep. Tricky!

Yes, the User CP at the bottom is where your reps will show up and it will only show you the most recent ones. You will also get notifications in the box at the top right of the screen that's gray and says 'Welcome, CherryWine.' for private messages as well as for public notes left....kind of like a public rep.

You have the option of turning these features on or off under the User CP function, I believe.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #151
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thank you, Gemme! You have been incredibly helpful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #152
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Thank you, Gemme! You have been incredibly helpful.
Shhhhh.....don't let that get around. People will think I'm nice then.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #153
Henry

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
just interested in friendship

Henry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST Reputation

I have been searching for a thread to change my name, can someone tell me where i can find such thread? i just want to change my screen name to my real name.

thank you
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #154
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
I have been searching for a thread to change my name, can someone tell me where i can find such thread? i just want to change my screen name to my real name.

thank you
I am not sure if they are doing that anymore! But let me see if I can find it for you!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #155
Henry

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Henry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST ReputationHenry Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I am not sure if they are doing that anymore! But let me see if I can find it for you!
Thank You. i have done a few searches so i asked a moderater she told me there was a page that i could ask. i just cant find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Henry For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #156
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank You. i have done a few searches so i asked a moderater she told me there was a page that i could ask. i just cant find it.
They will do name changes only if it's to another name but nothing regarding relationships, that is what I gathered but try this link:

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=519
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #157
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Also, a reminder to all: you can use your real first name but not your real last name. And we encourage people to change once or twice AT MOST over a lifetime. People need to consistently know who they're dealing with since this is an online venue.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #158
Henry

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

thank you both
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Henry For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 10:04 PM   #159
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
thank you both
No problem!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #160
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Does anyone know if we have the strikethrough feature when posting and if so, how do I do it? Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post: