Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #121
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Couple of clarifications upon review of my earlier posts...

my smoky quartz is an elestial not a cathedral (brain hiccup)

The mine owned by the family of my ex's ex was Mason's Ruby Mine...i've got several rather large rubies, garnets and sapphires from there. Since i live in NC i am rather partial to native specimens.

Does anyone also work with sacred soil/sand? i especially treasure the soil given to me from Canyon de Chelly along with soil and rocks from the Grand Canyon...
I do work with soil and sand. I gather soil from cemetaries that I go to, and, use it when I am working in haunted buildings. I have also used the soil in rituals that require working with the earth. Such as having a pot of soil in the centre of the altar to call in the earth energies. For some rituals, I bury objects in my pot of soil to represent hiden or buried aspects of spirit or self.

The sand I use for water rituals and in some of my ceremonies. I use sand more often for ceremonies than rituals. I also use sand in my entry way. My grandmother taught me that it had the property of water and could therefore clean anything out of the "air" so to speak. Like washing the feet of your guests.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #122
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I do work with soil and sand. I gather soil from cemetaries that I go to, and, use it when I am working in haunted buildings. I have also used the soil in rituals that require working with the earth. Such as having a pot of soil in the centre of the altar to call in the earth energies. For some rituals, I bury objects in my pot of soil to represent hiden or buried aspects of spirit or self.

The sand I use for water rituals and in some of my ceremonies. I use sand more often for ceremonies than rituals. I also use sand in my entry way. My grandmother taught me that it had the property of water and could therefore clean anything out of the "air" so to speak. Like washing the feet of your guests.
i haven't tried working with cemetery soil and not certain i want to. Whenever i visit most cemeteries i am bombarded by souls seeking acknowledgment....mausoleums are the worst for me...

It never occurred to me to put sand across my doorways...i have salt there now and on my windowsills.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #123
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
Going to check out the show on Sunday. I'm excited!
Yay! I will so do some research tomorrow for you as I have most of the evening off. There was some cool stuff there.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #124
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Trey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
i haven't tried working with cemetery soil and not certain i want to. Whenever i visit most cemeteries i am bombarded by souls seeking acknowledgment....mausoleums are the worst for me...

It never occurred to me to put sand across my doorways...i have salt there now and on my windowsills.
Id stick with the salt,,,Ive got a very special black lava sea salt from hawaii ,,,,,,,with the undertsanding that everyone has their own way of doing things ,,, and each way is right for them according to their intents and purposes
Trey339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #125
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Trey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post

sounds like you ascribe to some of the native american ritual techniques?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #126
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey339 View Post
sounds like you ascribe to some of the native american ritual techniques?
Hi Trey, Thanks for asking...

Some of the techniques I use are similar. I am first generation Canadian, my family moved from the Netherlands, but we trace our lineage to the Saami peoples. Most of what I practice is Northern European and Saami. As one can only expect, there are similarities in most practices and traditions. You would think there was a collective unconscioius or something silly like that!!

Muriel Strode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 01:07 AM   #127
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Default collective unconscious

*laughing,, yes one may be led to believe that,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to Trey339 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #128
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

So, does anyone have good ideas for what one could use rutilated quartz for?

When I was cleaning stuff yesterday I found a set of 'throwing stones' my ex made for herself. I don't want them. My first inclination was to toss them, then I thought about sending them back to her. She has not missed them, or asked about them.... thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.

Muriel Strode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #129
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

You could cleanse them, then tie thread around them and hang them in the windows?

Cleanse them and use in floating candle displays?

The only Gemstones I use are NZ Jade and Pearl...sorry, I can't be more help.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #130
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

send them back to her unannounced,,,youll be doing a positive thing and letting something you dont really want go away peacefully
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trey339 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #131
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
send them back to her unannounced,,,youll be doing a positive thing and letting something you dont really want go away peacefully
We must have been on the same page. I am on her side of the city Sunday, so I thought I would just put them in her mailbox and be done with it.

When I first realized what they were, and that they were not mine, I felt this overwhelming desire to throw them away. But, they were made in a sacred manner for doing sacred work... I just could not be that disrespectful to the spiritual energy put into them. I think my desire to throw them away was/is tied to my own emotional baggage, and not to anything regarding the stones themselves.

Muriel Strode
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #132
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Excellent idea Trey...you don't need the karma of holding onto something you don't really want...

Don't forget to cleanse yourself and your home after you send them back...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #133
Shadownthemind

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
me
Relationship Status:
single

Shadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST ReputationShadownthemind Has the BEST Reputation

I know what it is like to have stones call to you.At times have had that happen so would buy the stone thinking the angels are telling me I should use it instead turns out no I was only to be the delivery person and give it to another. I have Moldavite ring that I love wearing and at times when meditating will place it on my forhead and go into a deeper meditation.Also find myself drawn to Labradorite have 2 rings made of that.Friends jokingly call me a stonehead in a good way that is.Grin
Shadownthemind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadownthemind For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #134
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadownthemind View Post
I know what it is like to have stones call to you.At times have had that happen so would buy the stone thinking the angels are telling me I should use it instead turns out no I was only to be the delivery person and give it to another. I have Moldavite ring that I love wearing and at times when meditating will place it on my forhead and go into a deeper meditation.Also find myself drawn to Labradorite have 2 rings made of that.Friends jokingly call me a stonehead in a good way that is.Grin
That is me and quartz, I get them... and then give them all away.

Stonehead... that's funny.

Labradorite is very beautiful. I like that it is a Canadian mineral too.

My favorites are amber, jet, lapis, chrysocolla and obsidian. And white shells, I am gifted with white shells all the time. I have a shelf in my healing room dedictated those wonderful gifts.

Muriel Strode
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #135
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Bumping this thread...

Bringing in some Blue Kyanite to facilitate conversation...

i love this stone and keep it on my desk at work. It's awesome because it doesn't hold negativity and brings me balance. i have some black and green too but they stay at home. my absolute fav piece of blue came from right here in NC and is a hunk mixed with mica.

How about everyone else? What brings you balance? Helps you daily? What stones/crystals do you resonate with the most? Does it change from day to day?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #136
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:

How about everyone else? What brings you balance? Helps you daily? What stones/crystals do you resonate with the most? Does it change from day to day?
i love Amethyst...but quartz is what i resonate with the most...all colors and varieties and it doesn't always come nicely cleaned and/or polished from a shop. i have some large smoky, rose, snow and milky but i so very much want a large clear cluster. They can be costly and the right one has yet to call me...since my boss gave me a generous gift certificate to my fav crystal shop i plan to visit soon to see if anyone calls my name...

i confess to having several rather large pieces in the trunk of my car. Most came from a creek at a local gold mine and another came from the NC mountains.

i used to have a local piece but the energy suddenly changed so dramatically that a few months ago i returned it from whence it came...shudder...seriously negative energy that simply could not be cleansed so it had to go. What a difference afterward...all the negative energy left my home.

Some days other stones/crystals may call me but i am firmly attached to quartz.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #137
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Today's stone is Indonesian Petrified Wood. Petrified Wood is a stone of patience, healing, protection, longevity and grounding. It can help keep you calm and bring you peace during your quiet times.

Here is an example in branch form.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #138
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a fan of petrified wood and also of the Petoskey stone (petrified brain coral). I use this to remind myself that my every day pains and gains are all just a blink of an eye to these stones.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #139
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Default Sodalite

Today's stone was selected by Clay who just loves it because of it's peaceful energy and color.

Sodalite...a deep blue stone similar in color to Lapis but without the golden streaks and flecks. Like most of the blue stones Sodalite helps with communication. It's a wonderful stone for creative people helping to balance the mind. It also helps bring unity to mind and spirit. It can aid in bringing about inner peace by clearing confusion and inner turmoil. It's been said to be the best stone to help eliminate fear and guilt. It brings the mind and heart into balance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #140
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

i used to have a local piece but the energy suddenly changed so dramatically that a few months ago i returned it from whence it came...shudder...seriously negative energy that simply could not be cleansed so it had to go. What a difference afterward...all the negative energy left my home.

Some days other stones/crystals may call me but i am firmly attached to quartz.
I'm curious, what cleaning technique do you use? For a quick cleaning, I put the stones in rei ki charged water with rose water, lavender essential oil and salt for a few nights under the moon. I usually place the word "clarity" on the stone. Sometimes someone inside the stone will speak to me and I'll help them out of the stone with all the above but no salt. For a very dirty stone, I bury it under 12 inches of Earth for a month, then repeat the fore mentioned technique.
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gemstones, healing, metaphysical, spiritual, stones