Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Severe Weather Check-in!

After hearing about the devastation of the tornado that hit Oklahoma this week I think it's time for a sound off.

This thread is for all of us who live in area's that are hit by severe weather of any sort.

Sound off, let us know that you and your loved ones are ok. Share your stories!
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

i'll start!

I am fine, no tornado's in my area here in kansas. Though I do have some friends who were in that OK tornado, everyone is accounted for and I am thankful!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Scary business. Prayers for the OKC area. We are also okay. Had one touch down near us but all we got was some flooding and scared kids.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
joyfulfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
any feminine diminutive will work nicely

Location: If you love southern women raise your glass. If not, raise your standards. ~s
joyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputationjoyfulfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade View Post
Scary business. Prayers for the OKC area. We are also okay. Had one touch down near us but all we got was some flooding and scared kids.
im so glad to hear yall are ok

joy
joyfulfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joyfulfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

My heart goes out to the people of Moore. So sad. Scary.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Chelsius

How Do You Identify?:
Queerdo Lady Unit
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST Reputation

Sending good vibes to anyone out there that was impacted.

We had some grossness here in the Midwest, but fortunately nothing too devastating; only a few downed trees and minor flooding.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chelsius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The Weather Channel has listed the Little rock area as a 5 on their 1-10 rating of likelyhood of tornadoes tonight. I am hunkering down as much as possible, with an eye to the sky. I have WAY too much experience in dealing with these storms!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl View Post
The Weather Channel has listed the Little rock area as a 5 on their 1-10 rating of likelyhood of tornadoes tonight. I am hunkering down as much as possible, with an eye to the sky. I have WAY too much experience in dealing with these storms!
As am I. Heavy rain earlier, but I hear the real action is tonight.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

I hope all of you in those areas stay safe tonight, ill be thinking about yall and keepin myself posted. please check in when you get the all clear!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,400 Posts
Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation

There isn't anything I can't fix or replace from the storms here in Missouri. Losing my fences, trees, some roofing or even my electricity for 2 days doesn't compare in the least to what some others have lost. I am very blessed. Stay safe everyone.

Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #11
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I'm about 15 miles from where the tornado touched down in Moore yesterday and about 35 miles from where the one touched down in Shawnee the day before that. I am not a native to Oklahoma and these storms are worse than any I've seen growing up in Chicago.

On another note, still waiting for a check in from a fellow BFPer that does live in Moore...so, lets send out prayers that all is well with oksoftbutch.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #12
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
As am I. Heavy rain earlier, but I hear the real action is tonight.
Please be safe friend !!!!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hear we have had high wind with constant rain with thunder /lightining to go with it,sometimes it gets so quiet I get the willies cause I know what can happen after being in a fue tornadoes hear.Sofar just lots of rain at the moment,I herd that we have trees down in my neighborhood with some house damage(not mine).Everyone please stay safe and intouch.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #14
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

All is well here... thankfully. I live about 15 miles from the area where the big tornado hit. I remember when that area got hit before. Such devastation. I feel for the people who have been impacted by this storm.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #15
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

The tornado that was an f4 that hit Granbury, Tx is further west of my home where I live and hour east of Dallas; so it did not affect me. I've been out of town for almost 3 weeks working on a landscaping project for my aunt, there's been severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings not far from my apt complex and in my mom's area which is 15 mins away from my home. She's fine, my neighbors are all fine too. My apt is still intact, thank goodness. I am going to be going home sometime early next week, I just hope it's not crappy weather for me to drive back home in for 5 1/2 hours when I do leave for home. I'm so sorry for the loss and devastation to those in the Ok area, it's beyond belief sometimes how devastation and destruction mother nature can cause. Everyone is in my prayers.

All clear in Lockhart and Bastrop outside of the Austin area(it's where I've been)....... other than some rain and lightening. I'll know more about my aunt's place tomorrow if they weathered out another high wind storm that downed 2 huge Oak trees we had to cut up and burn last weekend in which both almost took out the house, thankful it didn't and just missed it.
Good idea for a thread, Princess!!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #16
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I heard from oksoftbutch and all is good........phew.

Please everyone, stay safe and don't be too proud to run for shelter, if you're in harms way.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #17
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I've been thinking about all the people in the Oklahoma storm and watching the news carefully. So heartbreaking. Wishing them all the strength they need to recover.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #18
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I heard from oksoftbutch and all is good........phew.

Please everyone, stay safe and don't be too proud to run for shelter, if you're in harms way.

im so glad that you heard from softie..i was concerned. glad you are both ok! this tornado season is gonna be a doozy i think...be safe, and be prepared!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #19
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

How's everyone holding up? I know there's lots of flooding in kansas and iowa. Big storms all over the place, we have had lots of rain off and on throughout the day here in kansas. No flooding in my area though!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #20
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Severe Weather check in

Major Ice Storm in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, West Tennessee, Western Kentucky; Snow from Plains to Ohio Valley.

It's 36 degrees here in a small town just East of Dallas, and dropping temps. hour by hour. It's supposed to drop down to below 29 degrees by this evening and rain showers causing severe major Ice storm in the areas listed above.
Tune to Weather.com to follow the forecasts.
Be safe if you're traveling in these areas as the weather is severe.