Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 03-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:
Putting My Heart Back Together

1 Highscore

proximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Uh Huh Her

Not sure if there's a thread here yet for these wonderful ladies, but I had to make one because, well... I got to see them last night.

For anyone who's unfamiliar, Uh Huh Her is Leisha Hailey's band (and of course, Cam Grey).

Ah, what can I say? These women have absolutely incredible stage presence, and they actually came back onstage after they were "finished" because they told us we were the loudest city thus far on their tour - Salt Lake City - Cam was at this point covering her ears, poor dear

Well, to make a long and amazing story short, I bought their new EP and had them sign it, and nervously asked Leisha if I could shake her hand, haha, it was so cute... she's just such an adorable person, both of them are super sweet and my friends and I pretty much hung out w/ them for a bit before heading home. We got some pictures, I'll have to share them with y'all when I get them uploaded off my camera

proximitywithoutintimacy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to proximitywithoutintimacy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Haven't seen anything about them but LOVE me some Leisha Haley!!!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

proximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputation

You should definitely check out their music! Both incredibly talented women, and Leisha is just on fire
Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
LediskoLove99

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently neurotic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

LediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST Reputation

Personally not a huge fan, I mean it's not that I hate it. They just don't do it for me.

But I still think they're talented.
LediskoLove99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I saw them last Wednesday here in Kansas City. I really enjoyed the show and loved the music...however.....BIG however.....after the show, and the crowd was only about 120 people mind you, my friends waited for almost an hour after the show for them to come out and sign autographs. When they did come out, Miss Hailey was so freakin' rude that all of the people that waited were absolutely pissed. My friend Laura asked if she could take a picture with her and she replied "no, just move along" and reached for the next persons item to autograph.

I am sorry, but I had never heard of UHH until about 10 days before the show, but went because I thought it would be a great chance to meet some new people and hear some music. After how things went after the show, it really kind of ruined them for me. It's not like they had a sell-out venue with an abundance of crazed fans. Half of the crowd had left and there were only about 30 or so people waiting for autographs.

I just think they could have been nicer to such a small crowd. I do have to say that their band members were really nice and friendly, and the woman working the sound/light board....let's just say I watched her more than I did the girls on stage!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #6
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

There is a good article about them in the most recent Curve Magazine. Nice pictures!
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Wow, it's hard to believe that Leisha came off as rude... she was very sweet to my friends and I, and even came out after the club cleared out to chill with us and chat a bit... maybe it was an off night for her, or something? I don't know... I'm sorry