Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Butches, Femmes, And Trans Folks Of Color

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dating and Race

I am a bit backwards socially, as many of you know well, and I am hoping for support and feedback here. When is the socially appropriate stage to discuss racial differences when dating someone? Being shy and socially stunted tends to leave me seeming uncaring or uninterested because I don't bring up topics that I am unsure they are not appropriate. Like I'm the one the checkout clerks look up and see and think ok here's someone nice and they spill out their business to me right there. I am the type that will not even know how irritated the line becomes when I encourage said checker and practically have a therapy session right there. SO when someone else doesn't approach me with their feelings I am not very good at guess what they may view as the elephant in the room or I am ignoring the obvious... So I really need a group feedback on this... As the non poc in the situation when and who is best to begin the convo. Also just wanna add that to me its very important to know how she feels about it, if ever experienced it and be upfront about it being my first opportunity as no poc has yet liked me enough to pursue or date me.