Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Butches, Femmes, And Trans Folks Of Color

Old 03-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #21
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

I love dominos i havent played in years either but im down count me in at the reunion
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #22
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

What's going on Good People? How's everyone doing? Good to see folks coming in! Real good indeed! Here's some peach cobbler for anyone interested. Don't worry, I did not make it! I want you all to keep coming!

As to the bones, don't worry if you can't play. There's a few decks of cards around too. We could do spades, hearts, or something. What was it called when you had multiple tables of spades going - rise or fly or something like that?

Let's keep the connection going whether playing a game or just having good conversation.

Gentle Tiger

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #23
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Well I don't know about all femmes, but I do hear some go for the jugular when it comes to board games!

Something tells me you are more then capable of playing a pretty good game of Dominos. See, I spelled it correctly this time. Initially, I spelled it correctly then edited it without doing a spellcheck. When I saw your spelling of Dominos, I knew........ See you in L.R. Let's try out those Vietnamese Bones your boi speaks of.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #24
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

It has been a while. How's everyone doing? To the folks in Oakland how are things for real?

Warning...I am about to vent!

I'm coming in here to share this because you most of all will appreciate this...once again I am pulled over by the police. Why? Was I speeding, nope! Was my license plate expired? Nope! Why? You guessed it...for DWB! Yep, you guessed it...driving while black. Apparently it is against some law that you can't be driving a nice car AND coming from work late at night. And did the idiot not ask me where I bought my car and when? And did I not ask what is your badge number and when did you receive it?

And then I have a conversation with someone that I will never know what it is to be a black man in America. While I may not know what it is to grow up from birth as a black man I sure have been pulled over multiple times since transitioning, had more women not of color try to blend into the elevator wall when I get on, clutch their purse when walking by them, etc, etc, etc.

I know this isn't the transitioning thread but I needed to vent about this topic here a reason.

ok, taking a deep breath and looking for the peach cobbler. and sweet potato pie.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #25
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Quote:
Well I don't know about all femmes, but I do hear some go for the jugular when it comes to board games!
Which board games?

The Following User Says Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #26
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Tiger View Post
It has been a while. How's everyone doing? To the folks in Oakland how are things for real?

Warning...I am about to vent!

I'm coming in here to share this because you most of all will appreciate this...once again I am pulled over by the police. Why? Was I speeding, nope! Was my license plate expired? Nope! Why? You guessed it...for DWB! Yep, you guessed it...driving while black. Apparently it is against some law that you can't be driving a nice car AND coming from work late at night. And did the idiot not ask me where I bought my car and when? And did I not ask what is your badge number and when did you receive it?

And then I have a conversation with someone that I will never know what it is to be a black man in America. While I may not know what it is to grow up from birth as a black man I sure have been pulled over multiple times since transitioning, had more women not of color try to blend into the elevator wall when I get on, clutch their purse when walking by them, etc, etc, etc.

I know this isn't the transitioning thread but I needed to vent about this topic here a reason.

ok, taking a deep breath and looking for the peach cobbler. and sweet potato pie.

Dude I am so sorry this happened to you, I am not fond of the cops either, I got pulled over in Michigan and it was AWFUL!!! They did not believe my last name, searched my car and patted me down no female officer.

I was like then I broke down once I got back to the house.

Keep Strong!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #27
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Which board games?

ALL!!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Old 07-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Quote:
Dude I am so sorry this happened to you, I am not fond of the cops either, I got pulled over in Michigan and it was AWFUL!!! They did not believe my last name, searched my car and patted me down no female officer.

I was like then I broke down once I got back to the house.

Keep Strong!
You too!! It is so ridiculous that this is still happening. And folks want to tell me that it's the media that keeps racism going, that it really doesn't exist, blah, blah, blah! Ain't privilege great?

Now what board games do you hear some femmes go for the jugular when played?

Old 07-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #29
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Exclamation

Quote:
You too!! It is so ridiculous that this is still happening. And folks want to tell me that it's the media that keeps racism going, that it really doesn't exist, blah, blah, blah! Ain't privilege great?

Now what board games do you hear some femmes go for the jugular when played?

Hell Malcolm, you know people want us to believe racism is just a media scare... Keep fighting and don't let them erase us I say!!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #30
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Lightbulb

Hello to you my Sisters and Brothers of Color.

So the latest foolishness that happened/is still happening with our sister Shirley Sherrod got me thinking again about how we treat our own. Once again it seems that we (general statement here) have a tendency to kill our own before non-people of color have a chance. Why is this? Is it because we want to make sure that we don't get accused of being partial to our own? Is that we work extra hard to show we can be tough too? Is it self-hatred? Is it some hybrid? I have my own theories but want to hear yours.

So grab your beverage of choice, something to eat and let's sit down and toss this around.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #31
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Quote:
Hell Malcolm, you know people want us to believe racism is just a media scare... Keep fighting and don't let them erase us I say!!
Blasted media!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #32
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thoughts???

Old 07-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #33
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Angry

I am upset over Obama not addressing anyone over this, I am sad for this poor woman, and I am downright pissed off with Fox.

I don't think an apology would rectify what damage has been done, not only to this woman but to this country, though they have proved it to be false a seed of doubt has been planted (look in our own community) and there are white folks who will let that seed spread and this kind of shit will continue. I feel FOX needs to be held accountable for their lies and fear spreading propaganda.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #34
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation
Default I wanna play too!

I'm in for some spades, rummy, chess or dominoes!!

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #35
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

One of the negative effects is POC being extra careful, extra cautious about how they treat their own. People either go overboard trying to avoid even the hint of impropriety or they ignore it all together in the name of sticking together.

This situation really got to me because "we" should know better than to just jump the proverbial gun. Yet it seems too often we really do take down our own before getting the facts so that no one can say we were partial.

ugh!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #36
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Weatherboi, did you ever find out how to play Vietnamese Dominoes?

Old 07-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #37
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

And this whole mess that happened to Mrs. Sherrod can't be undone. And it once again puts us in a negative light. It isn't easy being the first. Because your mistakes are magnified beyond belief. You don't have the luxury of making them. And unfortunately the one that the President and his administration have made is a big one. I am not happy at all that he wasn't clearer in how he responded to this error.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #38
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Do you feel this sort of thing puts us under the spotlight? Do you notice people of color treating other people of color differently when they are in a position of authority? Do you notice or feel extra guarded when you hear or read negative press about us? I think this is good discussion, especially for those coming up in the world.

Now I see there's some bones playing happening. What board games shall we play. And I want some peach cobbler dang it fresh out the oven with some ice cream. oh yes!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #39
Two-spirit

How Do You Identify?:
Native American
Preferred Pronoun?:
soft butch
Relationship Status:
single

Two-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST Reputation

Good day to all,
Native American twospirit here ( soft butch )
I got a pack of cards for those who woudl like to play some poker..ANTY UP!.
Two-spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Two-spirit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #40
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-spirit View Post
Good day to all,
Native American twospirit here ( soft butch )
I got a pack of cards for those who woudl like to play some poker..ANTY UP!.
Hey Two-Spirit. Good to see you. And thank you for resurrecting this thread!
You know, I think I may be one of the few people in America who doesn't know how to play poker. But I will watch.

And while we're all at the table I have one request. Let's do our part to not let these voter suppression tactics work! We all know who these tactics are focused at.