Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Day of Silence

It was today and unfortunately I was unaware of it. A National day of Silence to raise awareness of LGBT bullying at schools. Even though we missed it this year, I will sign the petition and try to pass on the info.

I urge you all ( especially those working in education) to pass it on as well.

Thanks!

http://www.dayofsilence.org/index.cfm
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,590 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

I was unaware as well. Thank you for the info.

Duchess
Old 04-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Jess,

I had no idea of this. Thanks for the heads up!
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation
Default PROUD MOTHER

I was also unaware of this until my daughter Alison who is 16 and a sophmore in high school let me know that her and many of her friends observed this today..she has still not spoken all day. She has had alot of positive response from her school..Her teachers allowed her to write on the white board and she also had a small pad to use to communicate..she showed me this paper and it reads as follows:

PLEASE UNDERSTAND MY REASONS FOR NOT SPEAKING TODAY. I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE DAY OF SILENCE (DOS) A NATIONAL YOUTH MOVEMENT BRINGING ATTENTION TO THE SILENCE FACED BY LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL AND TRANSGENDER PEOPLE AND THEIR ALLIES. MY DELIBERATE SILENCE ECHOES THAT SILENCE, WHICH IS CAUSED BY ANIT LGBT BULLYING, NAME CALLING AND HARASSMENT. I BELIEVE THAT ENDING THE SILENCE IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARD BUILDING AWARENESS AND MAKING A COMMITMENT TO ADDESS THESE INJUSTICES. THINK ABOUT THE VOICES YOU ARE NOT HEARING TODAY.

She wrote on back: MY MOMS ARE GAY..MY COUSIN IS GAY AS WELL AS OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS. I HAE MANY FRIENDS WHO ARE ALSO GAY . I AM STRAIGHT BUT I SUPPORT THEM 100%.

wow how proud I am of my daughter and how proud I am of myself for teaching my daughter the lessons that has brought her to this very mature moment in her life. I am overwhelmed by her silence today..but I am mostly overjoyed by her awareness and support of a cause she truely believes in and at such a young age.

KUDOS my beautiful sunshine alison..I love you more than words..you know this and for that my cup runneth over!

Love MOM

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Last edited by Lillie; 04-16-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: sp
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lillie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

When is the national day of silence usually held?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,120 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

It's already happened in April, 2012's will be April 20th
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #7
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
It's already happened in April, 2012's will be April 20th

Thank you. That won't be a hard day to remember, that's my anniversary I had with my abusive ex-husband! Is it always on the same day?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
Silvy

How Do You Identify?:
Silvy

Silvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST ReputationSilvy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you for not to forget!

Thank you Jess for your threat - and thank you for not to forget the National day of Silence. I always think that it is guy like you - being our brave-hearts - that make us think of something worth. Whenever one might relieve the pain you need to pay compassion!
Silvy is offline   Reply With Quote