Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #2501
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
This looks like a lot of fun! If I put a separate gallery up for the Penpal thread, can you guys post photos of your swap items or is that a no-no?
Yes, I love that idea!
Old 12-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #2502
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

BARBIE DOLL PROJECT
Sign up by end of December (Newbies committed to following through are welcome to sign up)
Finish by end of January
If I don't already have your address (most people I do have), then PM me it when you sign up.
I will mail you a doll that you will alter for the project.
Please use the doll that I send you (not your own doll), because the idea will be to see what we each do with a doll that is relatively the same.
You can do whatever you want with the doll! I will send some clothes, accessories, etc. but you don't have to use them or even every part of the doll itself. The idea is to do whatever suits your fancy! And don't send me back what you don't use, just send me back what you consider your finished product. You are totally free to add your own stuff, as long as at least part of the doll I send you is used as the base for construction.
When you are done send the doll back to me with five dollars for shipping.
I will take a picture of all of our dolls together and then send you one doll altered by someone on our list to keep (a surprise, no special requests please*) along with a picture of all the dolls.

Note: You don't have to do anything amazing with the doll. You can completely alter her or, for example, just have fun making her pretty in your eyes. Whatever the hell is fun for you!

*A note to all: While you CANNOT tell me something like, "I know I want Diva's doll" or "Tommi and I have decided that we want each other's doll" it's fine to let me know: "I'm not getting along with nycfembbw right now. Do not send me her doll or send mine to her." I don't want someone not to join the project just because they have an issue with one person on the list.

Please post any questions directly on this thread.

1. nycfembbw / Jennifer
2. Tommi
3. Diva
4. Gemme
5. Rain
6. LeftWriteFemme
7. Wryly (got left off)
8. purepisces
etc. etc.

For anyone who wants to sign up, please repost this whole statement and add your name
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #2503
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
This looks like a lot of fun! If I put a separate gallery up for the Penpal thread, can you guys post photos of your swap items or is that a no-no?
That sounds awesome.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #2504
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Everyone who has thus far signed up for the doll project: Your doll is being mailed out this week. When you mail it back, if possible, please don't mail it such that we or anyone has to sign for it. We live in an apartment building without a doorman and it will be safe being left out for us. However, if we have to sign, it goes to the crazy NYC post office where it is more likely to get lost. Thank you, and have fun!

Please post or leave me a visitor msg when you receive your doll!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #2505
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
BARBIE DOLL PROJECT
Sign up by end of December (Newbies committed to following through are welcome to sign up)
Finish by end of January
If I don't already have your address (most people I do have), then PM me it when you sign up.
Please use the doll that I send you (not your own doll), because the idea will be to see what we each do with a doll that is relatively the same.
You can do whatever you want with the doll! I will send some clothes, accessories, etc. but you don't have to use them or even every part of the doll itself. The idea is to do whatever suits your fancy! And don't send me back what you don't use, just send me back what you consider your finished product. You are totally free to add your own stuff, as long as at least part of the doll I send you is used as the base for construction.
I will take a picture of all of our dolls together and then send you one doll altered by someone on our list to keep (a surprise, no special requests please*) along with a picture of all the dolls.

Note: You don't have to do anything amazing with the doll. You can completely alter her or, for example, just have fun making her pretty in your eyes. Whatever the hell is fun for you!

*A note to all: While you CANNOT tell me something like, "I know I want Diva's doll" or "Tommi and I have decided that we want each other's doll" it's fine to let me know: "I'm not getting along with nycfembbw right now. Do not send me her doll or send mine to her." I don't want someone not to join the project just because they have an issue with one person on the list.

1. nycfembbw / Jennifer
2. Tommi
3. Diva
4. Gemme
5. Rain
6. LeftWriteFemme
7. Wryly (got left off)
8. purepisces
etc. etc.

For anyone who wants to sign up, please repost this whole statement and add your name

What if I want my OWN damn doll????

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #2506
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
What if I want my OWN damn doll????

Look here, Toppy McTopperson, the rules have been SET.

No pickin' dolls, even your own.

So neener neener....

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 05:59 AM   #2507
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Look here, Toppy McTopperson, the rules have been SET.

No pickin' dolls, even your own.

So neener neener....

GOD, I HATE it when she Bossy McBosseron neeners me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #2508
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
BARBIE DOLL PROJECT
Finish by end of January

1. nycfembbw / Jennifer
2. Tommi
3. Diva
4. Gemme
5. Rain
6. LeftWriteFemme
7. Wryly (got left off)
8. purepisces
etc. etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #2509
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

My "Retro" package came in last week, thank you to everyone who particiapated, they were great, as usual!

AND...

My barbie was delivered last week, as well. Is it weird that the first thing I did was take her clothes off?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #2510
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Not exactly the same, but from the same family (aka from the same knock-off Barbie brand)!

I played with mine's hair. It's such a lovely color.

Did we all get exactly the same doll?

Ami, I loved the Retro project. Well done!

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by nycfem; 12-27-2011 at 08:31 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #2511
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

I got Barbesque...........I took her clothes off, too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #2512
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

I immediately thought "Ginger!"
Despite my weakness for redheads she remains fully clothed.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #2513
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

I got the "barbie', thinking I may take a before pic..cause she is in for a dramatic change!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #2514
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I received the first of the Barbies from Leftwritefemme. Dammmnnn! Even BB was "ooohing" and "ahhhing" over the art! Looking forward to having more Barbies join her on the mantle for their group shot before they are dispersed

Quote:
BARBIE DOLL PROJECT
Finish by end of January

1. nycfembbw / Jennifer
2. Tommi
3. Diva
4. Gemme
5. Rain
6. LeftWriteFemme
7. Wryly (got left off)
8. purepisces
etc. etc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #2515
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I received the first of the Barbies from Leftwritefemme. Dammmnnn! Even BB was "ooohing" and "ahhhing" over the art! Looking forward to having more Barbies join her on the mantle for their group shot before they are dispersed

Can't wait to have a valid address so that I can get back in! Having withdrawls!

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #2516
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default First Impressions

My Barbie was waiting in my PO Box. As I walked back to the car, holding my first Barbie Doll, I ripped into the package. I was astounded at her beautiful hair, and of course, peeeeeked ~after lifting her pretty pink dress to see I had an amputee.

and she had some kind of nubby fake panties imbedded on her torso. As I walked, I wondered if everyone got a one -legged Barbie. I wondered how I could make a prosthetic for her, or maybe make a Roundabout wheelchair with racing stripes, or some neat crutches.

Arriving at the car, I dug into the package and found some little pink things like shoes, and ...oh,...I found her leg.

She's sitting here all pretty and I hate to mess with her...
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #2517
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation
Default just feeling accomplished :)

I recently completed another knitted potholder. My first few projects were misshapen, sad things with occasional holes because of missed stitches. (aka: "design features" LOL)... This last potholder actually is square! omg. *laughs* And only has a few of those special "design features" I'm enjoying creating something with my own hands again. I've picked up a few beginner books with simple patterns for scarfs and am looking forward to playing with some bulkier yarn and larger needles. Yay me!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #2518
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
My Barbie was waiting in my PO Box. As I walked back to the car, holding my first Barbie Doll, I ripped into the package. I was astounded at her beautiful hair, and of course, peeeeeked ~after lifting her pretty pink dress to see I had an amputee.

and she had some kind of nubby fake panties imbedded on her torso. As I walked, I wondered if everyone got a one -legged Barbie. I wondered how I could make a prosthetic for her, or maybe make a Roundabout wheelchair with racing stripes, or some neat crutches.

Arriving at the car, I dug into the package and found some little pink things like shoes, and ...oh,...I found her leg.

She's sitting here all pretty and I hate to mess with her...
amputee.........the ideas are flying nowwwwwwwww
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #2519
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

My "barbie" is done!! This has to be the coolest altered art I have ever done. I have over 100 barbies with the intent of doing this.......so the project was very cool to be able to do!Hope who ever gets "it" loves it as much as I loved doing it!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #2520
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Tell more about having over 100 Barbies. That's kinda exciting!

I have a mix of Bratz and Barbies that I collect, maybe about 30. Bratz are my all-time fave. I don't radically alter, more like make them more alternative or dress them different. I love playing with my dolls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
My "barbie" is done!! This has to be the coolest altered art I have ever done. I have over 100 barbies with the intent of doing this.......so the project was very cool to be able to do!Hope who ever gets "it" loves it as much as I loved doing it!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types